00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The forums dead but its not dead

6,758 Views | 124 Replies

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 13:17:06

At 8/17/12 10:51 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Youtube killed Newgrounds.

Fact.

This, along with the emergence of hundreds of other sites that do what NG does as well, especially in the flash game department.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 16:16:56

At 8/18/12 11:53 AM, TheMajormel wrote: TheRadicalOne is still around. I speak to him in chat and he released a flash short yesterday I think.

Oh really? Sweet, back when profiles still had banners he put me in his, glad to hear he's still about :D

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 16:23:26

At 8/18/12 04:19 PM, Otto wrote: I will always be here, always

And i'll try to.

That is, unless i get bored/irritated/too lazy to post anything.

Fun to play with, even better to eat.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 16:23:46

rip ng

dal lunge ci mira

di giove l'ira, e in un baleno va all'eghe in seno, da regal sede

tosto provvede, fa i generosi destrier squammosi ratto accoppiar

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 17:22:03

I think that the forums are very active.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 18:26:35

At 8/18/12 05:24 PM, Neoncrotch wrote: Hey guys, other sites are making fun of us. Poor Tom. I wonder what he thinks about newgrounds dying.

Newgrounds is dieing off slowly but itll stay somehwat alive for at least 5 more years

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 18:30:37

I have been on NG since 02 and I will stay until the end.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 18:31:12

At 8/18/12 05:24 PM, Neoncrotch wrote: Hey guys, other sites are making fun of us. Poor Tom. I wonder what he thinks about newgrounds dying.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Ruining_The_Internet#Websit es_that_ruin_the_Internet

Hey, newgrounds isn't part of the list that shows everything that ruins the internet.
That's nice.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 19:38:18

At 8/18/12 06:31 PM, TheMajormel wrote:
Hey, newgrounds isn't part of the list that shows everything that ruins the internet.
That's nice.

What about the part that makes it all worthwhile?

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 19:48:07

It's alive as long as "seasoned veterans" have something to complain about.

Oh, and the entertaining posters help.

At 8/18/12 06:30 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have been on NG since 02 and I will stay until the end.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 19:56:11

The Grounds.jpg

The forums dead but its not dead

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 19:57:30

I've been lurking since '06, the users change but it still stays the same old Newgrounds.

I only lose faith when the first response to a "girl problem" thread isn't grab her cock/rape her.

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 20:22:45

At 8/18/12 07:57 PM, Panda wrote: I've been lurking since '06, the users change but it still stays the same old Newgrounds.

I only lose faith when the first response to a "girl problem" thread isn't grab her cock/rape her.

Thats pretty weird to lurk that much but barely post.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 20:37:53

At 8/18/12 08:22 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 8/18/12 07:57 PM, Panda wrote: I've been lurking since '06, the users change but it still stays the same old Newgrounds.

Thats pretty weird to lurk that much but barely post.

Pretty much. Wanted to start posting on the forums again though so here I am.

Just remember, I've always watched you.

Always

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 22:15:17

Its not as active as it use to be

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 23:07:03

At 8/18/12 10:15 PM, tsukikomi wrote: Its not as active as it use to be

Well if you want the bbs to become more active take a bag of meth a bag of meth oh everythings faster with a bag of meth

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-18 23:50:36

I'am a BBS lurker through and through. I have been around this website for 10 years. I constantly read the BBS and all of the threads daily. But I'am not much of a poster. Never was even back in the day. I hardly ever log in anymore simply because I only want to watch the movies or just read through the BBS. I will say one thing. The flow of the BBS isn't that much different. Although there isn't as many people, I think that because of the sheer amount of different boards kind of cuts the population up. We use to be able to post topics about anything in general that wasn't about flash or politics, and even then mods were more lenient about posting these threads there anyway.

But I could tell you what's wrong with the BBS besides these smaller problems and no it isn't a population thing. It's honestly a user thing. The Newground BBS use to be clever. It did...or at least I think it did...I was 14 years old back then, what was clever for me then? I made awful posts back then, we had terrible posters just like now but there is a difference. The users now are ridiculous. I hate seeing users being popular. We had popular or well known users back in the day but nothing like this. The popular users are those who post the dumbest, un-funniest, irrelevant shit i've ever seen and they do it multiple times a day. And then other people come in and actually compliment them or entice them more. Back then, they would have been banned immediately or the thread owuld have been locked. Most of the users would have turned their back and called out the person for acting stupid. Now for some reason being stupid is acceptable and people want to get in on it.

There is hardly any moderators anymore or at least active anyway. Just check their profiles, it's ridiculous.

What's wrong with the BBS? It got taken over by un-funny people who think they are being funny, and just as bad of users who also think they are funny agree to this funniness to try and come off as overall hilarious. But it isn't, and there isn't any moderators to put a stop to this. The BBS isn't dead like actie wise, it's dead from being any sort of place where each and every thread gets derailed by some of the dumbest posters i've ever seen who should have been banned 100's or 1000's of posts ago.

I even made a post regarding my dislike of the BBS 2 years ago where other users even agreed to it. Other users aren't as supportive of each other. Too busy being assholes and trolling or trying to be clever. Where I claimed that 98% of the users who reply are trying to come up with shitty one liners to try and outdo each other and it ruins every single thread. Users try to find some sort of referenceable idea to derail a thread into something to divert all the attention to themselves and it's absolutely a shame that it's gotten as bad as it has.

Check out the thread HERE

I fucking love this place but the material and posts made by the users is becoming just....i'm sorry but absolutely retarded where everyone is out for themselves on this imaginary attention wheel that usually would only go for the moderators who were known for being fucking assho....God I miss the way it use to be around here.

Ew I rant too much.

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 00:16:14

At 8/18/12 11:50 PM, Samuraikyo wrote: A perfectly reasonable rant

No i think you did just fine

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 00:21:05

At 8/19/12 12:16 AM, beardkiller wrote:
At 8/18/12 11:50 PM, Samuraikyo wrote: A perfectly reasonable rant
No i think you did just fine

I agree with him too. I think users (I won't name them, but I know who they are ) are also proving points for his rant.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 00:23:10

At 8/19/12 12:21 AM, TheMajormel wrote:
I agree with him too. I think users (I won't name them, but I know who they are ) are also proving points for his rant.

You mean like docterstrongbad and on occasion me?

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 00:25:36

At 8/19/12 12:23 AM, beardkiller wrote:
At 8/19/12 12:21 AM, TheMajormel wrote:
You mean like docterstrongbad and on occasion me?

Doctorstrongbad, maybe you? No not really. Again, I don't wanna say their names cuz the people whose names I'll state have in fact been nice to me. But I feel it is them who ruined the bbs and have gotten overly popular for no reason.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 16:20:59

Until this thread is locked its not gonna die,mainly because it has what the bbs is missing:Tacos and a serious discussion

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 20:21:03

At 8/19/12 04:20 PM, beardkiller wrote: Until this thread is locked its not gonna die,mainly because it has what the bbs is missing:Tacos and a serious discussion

Stop bumping your own thread unless you have something relevant to say

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 20:30:41

At 8/19/12 08:21 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 8/19/12 04:20 PM, beardkiller wrote: Until this thread is locked its not gonna die,mainly because it has what the bbs is missing:Tacos and a serious discussion
Stop bumping your own thread unless you have something relevant to say

^ This reply was relevant to the topic.

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 20:38:43

Good point. Maybe the BBS really is dying. Not to mention all the users who don't leave, and are just really really bad.

i'm new and i'm not an alt.

filler text

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 21:29:08

At 8/19/12 08:30 PM, EmmaVolt wrote:
At 8/19/12 04:20 PM, beardkiller wrote: Beardkillers reply
Lionels reply

ehhhh which one?

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 21:34:46

I hope people don't actually think newgrounds is close to death. Honestly, thats the most foolish thing I've ever heard.

Just when you think you have all the answers i change the questions

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 22:23:52

At 8/19/12 09:29 PM, beardkiller wrote:
At 8/19/12 08:30 PM, EmmaVolt wrote:
At 8/19/12 04:20 PM, beardkiller wrote: Beardkillers reply
Lionels reply
ehhhh which one?

mine of course

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 22:32:26

At 8/19/12 10:23 PM, Lionelion wrote:
mine of course

I dunno there are two options so it is 50/50

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to The forums dead but its not dead 2012-08-19 22:36:45

At 8/19/12 10:32 PM, beardkiller wrote:
At 8/19/12 10:23 PM, Lionelion wrote:
mine of course
I dunno there are two options so it is 50/50

Ok seriously, look at how it was phrased: You made a comment. I then replied to your comment. She then replied to my comment, which was replying to your comment. Now based on that, which comment do you think she was referring to?

If you think its your comment, youre wrong