00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ayumi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Attempted murder stopped by guns

11,915 Views | 248 Replies

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 11:50:23

The Door-to-Door salesman should have had better wording, than "I'm here with the meat."
The Shooter was a shut-in, or just didn't like unwanted company on his property. This is why people who try to sell shit door to door, get hassled.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 11:51:28

At 7/30/12 11:13 AM, Revo357912 wrote: That is why guns should have more limits. [...] its easier in some states to get a gun license than it is to get a driver's license. That's where I think somethings wrong.

Well, now you've got a point. You should have license, registration, and some basic training to get a firearm, and in light of this recent story perhaps an IQ test.

btw, I never said they should be banned though. That is the paranoia gun people seem to have.

I jumped the gun (HA!) on that one, yeah. Still, it's not so much a paranoia since there are plenty of people who think guns should be banned outright, just look at Chicago. Even though they're legally allowed to have guns there, they make it so hard for you to get one it's just about impossible.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 13:39:39

At 7/30/12 05:23 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I'm all for the right to own guns. I never used to be, until I came to America and shot some for the first time. But Jesus, NRA. Calm the fuck down. Open carry everywhere you go, and that pretty much makes you a paranoid psychopath. AKA: the last person that should be carrying a loaded weapon.

No. It doesn't. Firearms are tools. Carrying a firearm is as mundane to me as carrying my cigarettes and wallet. Just another part of my kit.

Do you even know what "paranoid" and "psychopath" mean? Being prepared does not make you either.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 14:13:16

At 7/30/12 02:10 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 7/30/12 09:09 AM, psychopathy wrote:
At 7/30/12 05:23 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I'm all for the right to own guns. I never used to be, until I came to America and shot some for the first time.
wait wut

so you suddenly support gun rights because you like shooting guns

gun rights/gun control is a pretty serious issue and so to say that you now support one side because you liked the way you felt after handling a weapon is pretty fucking juvenile
My argument was that there is absolutely no reason to own something that dangerous. Target shooting is just killing practice. But then I realized how fun and challenging it is, and see its value as sport.

my child, i wish for you to tell the marvelous tales of your experiences with firearms to all of your british buddies

then maybe they'd stop being faggots and start supporting gun rights

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 14:16:14

At 7/30/12 11:16 AM, Revo357912 wrote:le.

So your logic to preventing people from doing mass killings with guns is to make it even easier for people to get guns?
Don't you see the problem here?
True, while more regular people get guns, so will more deranged/depressed/sadistic/stressed etc people get guns too, and you end up in a cycle of killing. That's the violent equivalent of outright banning guns.

Fuck it. You're right. Inanimate objects that are incapable of operating on their own kill people and not those people wielding them. If the object committed the crime and not the person, we should let the shooters walk free.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 14:35:00

At 7/30/12 11:13 AM, Revo357912 wrote:
That is why guns should have more limits. There's even limits on muscles; professional boxers have their fists listed as weapons. And yet, its easier in some states to get a gun license than it is to get a driver's license. That's where I think somethings wrong.

No. They don't actually. If a boxer assaults someone with their fist, it is still assault and battery just like someone joe off the street assaulting someone with their fist. Both would get charged with grievous harm if the victim is harmed enough.
You honestly don't believe the bullshit you spout out your mouth do you?

HEY GUYS WATCH OUT. I HAD TO REGISTER MY HANDS AS DEADLY WEAPONS WITH THE GOVERNMENT. Get real.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 14:37:08

At 7/30/12 11:46 AM, phsychopath wrote:
At 7/30/12 11:45 AM, TheTrueZippy wrote: I carry a knife with me everywhere I go. It's all I would ever need to defend myself. I don't want or need a handgun or anything bigger anywhere outside of my home.
So how would you proceed when met with the circumstance of being threatened by a gun wielder? I can only imagine that a knife would be effective against other melee attacks.

Warning phsychopathy, you just blew a whole in his fantasy logic. Watchout. Prepare for butt hurt and personal attacks.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 14:45:26

At 7/30/12 05:23 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: But Jesus, NRA. Calm the fuck down. Open carry everywhere you go, and that pretty much makes you a paranoid psychopath. AKA: the last person that should be carrying a loaded weapon.

This is very well said.

At 7/30/12 05:33 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: there is no practical reason for anyone to own a machine gun.

As long as you are responsible and know how to safely use your weapon, then I don't see any reason why it matters whether it's semi or fully automatic. Owning and carrying a weapon for self defense is based on the idea that you will be able to overpower and subdue any attackers/criminals if the need arises. By that logic, responsible firearm owners are better off with higher quality weapons; criminals sure as fuck aren't going to hold back.

Guns are powerful things, the law must ensure only responsible people have can them.

Agreed.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 14:58:53

There was no need to shoot the salemen. He could just tell him to back off.

Let's kill this idiot for murder and get this over with.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 15:59:30

There's still door-to-door salesmen in this age?

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 16:08:14

At 7/30/12 03:25 PM, e-lord wrote: this shooter lacked judgement, and it got a most likely innocent man killed

Nah, more than likely he just thought that the "Stand your ground" law gave him a license to kill under the circumstance and embraced it with the boner of God.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 16:19:42

You can only be that insane if you live in Australia.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 17:50:32

At 7/30/12 05:23 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I'm all for the right to own guns. I never used to be, until I came to America and shot some for the first time. But Jesus, NRA. Calm the fuck down. Open carry everywhere you go, and that pretty much makes you a paranoid psychopath. AKA: the last person that should be carrying a loaded weapon.

I was gonna say a lot of things but you beat me to it.

Yeah, I mean, paranoid psychopaths with guns in crowded movie theaters? I'm all for the right to bear arms but that's just asking for another Batman shooting. I'm not one of those overprotective Second Amendment-destroying citizens - in fact, I own a gun myself - but just because I have a gun doesn't mean I should walk around town brandishing it.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 17:53:23

At 7/30/12 05:50 PM, T3XT wrote: Yeah, I mean blah blah blah

Tl;dr: This is why we have FOID cards.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 18:10:52

At 7/30/12 05:50 PM, T3XT wrote:
I was gonna say a lot of things but you beat me to it.

Yeah, I mean, paranoid psychopaths with guns in crowded movie theaters? I'm all for the right to bear arms but that's just asking for another Batman shooting. I'm not one of those overprotective Second Amendment-destroying citizens - in fact, I own a gun myself - but just because I have a gun doesn't mean I should walk around town brandishing it.

I carried a gun in the movie theater when I went to see Ted. Brandishing is when you actually pull it out of the holster and wave it around.

But watch out guys, better call the cops. I'm a paranoid psycho who murdered 15 people because i legally carried a firearm on my hip in a movie theater.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 22:24:24

At 7/30/12 06:10 PM, DickBuns wrote: I carried a gun in the movie theater when I went to see Ted.

And you didn't use it to shoot yourself? Wow, you are a trooper.

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 22:35:41

At 7/30/12 10:24 PM, homor wrote: I'm a piss poor troll.

Yes, we know.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-30 23:52:09

At 7/30/12 10:35 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 7/30/12 10:24 PM, homor wrote: I'm a piss poor troll.
Everyone who makes a joke at somebody else's expense is labelled a troll

this is the state of the internet in 2012

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 00:01:39

At 7/30/12 02:16 PM, DickBuns wrote:
Fuck it. You're right. Inanimate objects that are incapable of operating on their own kill people and not those people wielding them. If the object committed the crime and not the person, we should let the shooters walk free.

yeah because these harmless inanimate objects are clearly not at all contributing to the problem here

I mean i'm sure the reason you carry around a gun to 'prepare' yourself is nothing to do with the subconscious fear that you are confronted by somebody else with a gun

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 00:36:18

At 7/31/12 12:13 AM, RacistBassist wrote:
It doesn't. It has more to do with, no matter how much of a real ass mother fucker you are, if they have a knife, bat, any other weapon, multiple people, or just plain bigger and stronger then you; you're getting fucked up.

okay, so a guy with a bat, or a group of hardass black guys with bats attack you, then what? even on the assumption that you manage to actually draw and aim your weapon before they beat your ass down, what next? you hope they run, or you fire at them at hope the situation doesn't get any worse? in real life situations firearms where panic and instinct takes over, guns seem more likely to make a bigger mess of things

if this form of 'defence' is what I have to live without in order to not live in fear of being shot in an armed robbery, or at school, or whilst watching batman in the cinema, so be it.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 02:04:39

At 7/31/12 01:15 AM, RacistBassist wrote:
Either they run or they die. It's as simple as that.

There's so many factors that go into it, you can't just simply say that they'll all die.

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 06:46:15

There are so many responses that I can't even be fucked reading them all because you're all fucking retarded the internet is fucking retarded pro-gun people are fucking retarded anti-gun people are fucking retarded life is objective we are all robots

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 09:04:32

At 7/31/12 12:01 AM, JaY11 wrote:
At 7/30/12 02:16 PM, DickBuns wrote:
yeah because these harmless inanimate objects are clearly not at all contributing to the problem here

No, they aren't really. Look at the UK. The UK has a much higher violence rate than the US and other countries that do permit gun ownership. Taking away firearms didn't do shit for them. Same can be said for mexico. Mexico's gun violence rate and violence rate in general is ridiculous, yet there is only one store in the entire country that people can legally purchase firearms from, it's ran by the army, and people are only allowed small caliber revolvers and single shot rifles and shotguns.

I mean i'm sure the reason you carry around a gun to 'prepare' yourself is nothing to do with the subconscious fear that you are confronted by somebody else with a gun

I don't feel fear when I am or am not carrying a firearm. It's a tool to defuse situations. Open carrying a firearm is a deterrent that says, don't come at me bro. You obviously don't know anything about me or anything about carrying a firearm if you think that it's actually about fear. Nice assumptions dude.

TLDR; get educated.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 09:06:39

At 7/31/12 12:36 AM, JaY11 wrote:
if this form of 'defence' is what I have to live without in order to not live in fear of being shot in an armed robbery, or at school, or whilst watching batman in the cinema, so be it.

People who live in fear; Victims

People who dont' live in fear; Non Victims.

I'm still not a victim. Why don't you just go ahead and let your "argument" degrade even further into making comments about the size of our dicks? That's about how much actual sense you're making here.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 09:16:56

At 7/31/12 06:46 AM, Halberd wrote: There are so many responses that I can't even be fucked reading them all because you're all fucking retarded the internet is fucking retarded pro-gun people are fucking retarded anti-gun people are fucking retarded life is objective we are all robots

Protip: Don't bother calling people dumb if you aren't even smart enough to write a counter-argument to what they're saying, because if you can't prove they're dumb, you're the dumb one.

Also, you may be a robot, but i'm a Cyborg, meaning i was technically human at some point, I OUTRANK YOU MOTHERFUCKER.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 10:51:17

At 7/31/12 09:04 AM, DickBuns wrote:
No, they aren't really. Look at the UK. The UK has a much higher violence rate than the US and other countries that do permit gun ownership.

America has a much higher intentional homicide rate than Europe/UK. A study in 2009 showed that 60% of all homicides in the US were caused by guns.

thank you guns for turning regular violence into death

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 10:56:57

At 7/31/12 10:51 AM, JaY11 wrote: thank you guns for turning regular violence into death

Yeah, it's all those guns fault! It's not PEOPLE are responsible for their own actions! YEAH! I LOVE BEING A MINDLESS MOUTH BREATHING RETARD! MIGHTY OBAMA PLEASE TAKE MY GUNS AWAY! WOOH!

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 11:05:12

At 7/31/12 10:56 AM, homor wrote:
At 7/31/12 10:51 AM, JaY11 wrote: thank you guns for turning regular violence into death
Yeah, it's all those guns fault! It's not PEOPLE are responsible for their own actions! YEAH! I LOVE BEING A MINDLESS MOUTH BREATHING RETARD! MIGHTY OBAMA PLEASE TAKE MY GUNS AWAY! WOOH!

why is this being spouted throughout this thread as if it's a legitimate argument

The combination of stupid people and guns is the problem, we will always have an abundance of stupid people, and we don't need to have guns.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 11:22:39

At 7/31/12 11:05 AM, JaY11 wrote:
why is this being spouted throughout this thread as if it's a legitimate argument

The combination of stupid people and guns is the problem, we will always have an abundance of stupid people, and we don't need to have guns.

Because we all know that making guns illegal will encourage criminals to not use them. And that's your legitimate argument in a nutshell.

Response to Attempted murder stopped by guns 2012-07-31 11:28:15

At 7/31/12 11:22 AM, DickBuns wrote:
Because we all know that making guns illegal will encourage criminals to not use them. And that's your legitimate argument in a nutshell.

If your idea of guns being made illegal is similar to weed being illegal then sure. But where I live guns might as well not exist.