00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blackboyy123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

We need a reputation system.

5,248 Views | 75 Replies

We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:39:58

On the forums I go to, I always notice that there is much less drama (I.E. bitching about bronies/furries/gay rights/4chan/9gag/etc) when there is an option to give said person an increase or decrease in karma. Besides, we already have it for the review system on Newgrounds, and the quality of flash and audio reviews have only continued to increase.

We need a reputation system.

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:43:47

No we don't. That'll only encourage circle jerks which already give mods a tough enough time of stopping. OP even if we did have one you wouldn't have a single point since your posts are always retarded and pointless.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:43:54

That just makes people less likely to share their opinions, knowing that they'll get downvoted (I mean, come on, karma?) if they don't share the hivemind's opinions.

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:45:21

At 7/28/12 07:43 PM, TheBustinJeebers wrote: That just makes people less likely to share their opinions, knowing that they'll get downvoted (I mean, come on, karma?) if they don't share the hivemind's opinions.

Don't worry about having a serious discussion about this, we already have many times, it's just that the OP is autistic and lacks the intelligence to use a search bar.

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:47:57

At 7/28/12 07:45 PM, Suprememessage wrote:
At 7/28/12 07:43 PM, TheBustinJeebers wrote: That just makes people less likely to share their opinions, knowing that they'll get downvoted (I mean, come on, karma?) if they don't share the hivemind's opinions.
Don't worry about having a serious discussion about this, we already have many times, it's just that the OP is autistic and lacks the intelligence to use a search bar.

Please enlighten me on how not using the search bar makes me autistic. I'm sure more than half of NG would fall under your definition of autistic just by saying I can't use a search bar.

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:52:27

At 7/28/12 07:50 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 7/28/12 07:47 PM, Fluttershy wrote: Please enlighten me on how not using the search bar makes me autistic. I'm sure more than half of NG would fall under your definition of autistic just by saying I can't use a search bar.
When I make a thread, I never even consider looking for a thread of similar repute via the search bar

Even if you don't use the search bar you probably know not to make a thread like this, I mean it's just common sense. The OP takes the authoritary "We need" instead of "I think we need' because they bear the impression the world revolves around them and when they like something everyone else does too. I'd like to remind the OP that the human race doesn't share some kind of hive mind with him.

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:54:12

At 7/28/12 07:52 PM, Suprememessage wrote:
At 7/28/12 07:50 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 7/28/12 07:47 PM, Fluttershy wrote:
Even if you don't use the search bar you probably know not to make a thread like this, I mean it's just common sense. The OP takes the authoritary "We need" instead of "I think we need' because they bear the impression the world revolves around them and when they like something everyone else does too. I'd like to remind the OP that the human race doesn't share some kind of hive mind with him.

I'm sorry I can't fit "I think we need a reputation system" into the topic subject, because it takes too many characters to put it in.

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:54:25

Where not like others and its a good thing.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:56:23

At 7/28/12 07:54 PM, tsukikomi wrote: Where not like others and its a good thing.

(Thegluestickman up-voted this comment)

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:56:27

op, kindly leave and take your wankstain of an idea with you

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:56:34

At 7/28/12 07:54 PM, tsukikomi wrote: Where not like others and its a good thing.

People on Newgrounds spout out lame fucking memes as much as 9gag and Something Awful.

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 19:59:29

At 7/28/12 07:56 PM, Fluttershy wrote:
People on Newgrounds spout out lame fucking memes as much as 9gag and Something Awful.

Welcome to the internet where people try to be original when there not.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:06:34

At 7/28/12 07:59 PM, tsukikomi wrote:
At 7/28/12 07:56 PM, Fluttershy wrote:
Welcome to the internet where people try to be original when there not.

Welcome to this thread where the OP is mad that people don't agree with him. We hope you enjoy your stay.

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:07:56

We have enough stat whores as it is, we don't need any more.
You'd be in the low ranks anyways.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:16:35

Yeah give the stat whores (like me) more stats

Does anyone actually read these?

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:22:47

At 7/28/12 07:45 PM, Suprememessage wrote:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/search/topic/reputation

I miss being able to ban people for these posts.

There was one thread in April and the OP was about personal perception of reputation on NG. The next most recent thread was in 2009.

TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ASSBURGERS ADN THEN WE WILL PLAY POKEMON GREEN.

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:23:35

At 7/28/12 08:16 PM, f12guy wrote: Yeah give the stat whores (like me) more stats

I'm a stat whore, and I approve.

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:26:23

In case anyone thinks I AGREE with the esteemed OP: Karma/Reputation systems are really counterproductive to open dialogue, fwiw.

Look at Reddit.

don't actually look at reddit, it is a cesspit of humanity and despair.

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:27:04

At 7/28/12 08:06 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Welcome to this thread where the OP is mad that people don't agree with him. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Why are you acting like you've got a stick up your ass? Calling someone autistic because you don't agree with the way someone's going about things is pretty lame and umadbro. So far OP hasn't done anything worse than suggesting an idea, even if it's probably not a good one.

As for the topic, I don't think it's good to quantify the quality of someone's character. If they're a good poster, their reputation on the BBS will speak for itself. If they're shitty posters, they will become recognized as just that in due time.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:29:01

it does prevent drama temporarily... until people start to see that karma doesn't do crap and go back to their old ways.

I remember that a site I used to go too, G-Fed, had a long time karma system that was successful at first, but then it fell apart. Just to give you an idea, the owner of the site eventually completly closed the fourms due to all attempts to stop trooling and flamming failed.

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:30:50

At 7/28/12 07:56 PM, Thegluestickman wrote:
(Thegluestickman up-voted this comment)

Haven't seen you in years

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:40:27

At 7/28/12 08:27 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Calling someone autistic because you don't agree with the way someone's going about things is pretty lame.

They called OP autistic because OP was "too stupid" to use the search bar.

Autism is a spectrum disorder and while many maladjusted neckbearded manchildren like to use Aspergers as an excuse for their ghastly social skills, it is by no means a disorder that equates to being "stupid." Being a "sperglord" is being overly analytical and pedantic. Kind of the ...opposite of stupid.

For instance, ulillillia is not stupid. He is, however, autistic.

People's posts cement their reputation with me. It was harder on NG when you could change your username at will and keep under the radar (I kept track of unrepentantly bad users by userid numbers.) Now it's easier to remember usernames.

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:42:01

At 7/28/12 08:40 PM, Maus wrote: Autism is a spectrum disorder and while many maladjusted neckbearded manchildren like to use Aspergers as an excuse for their ghastly social skills, it is by no means a disorder that equates to being "stupid." Being a "sperglord" is being overly analytical and pedantic. Kind of the ...opposite of stupid.

are you autistic, maus?

dal lunge ci mira

di giove l'ira, e in un baleno va all'eghe in seno, da regal sede

tosto provvede, fa i generosi destrier squammosi ratto accoppiar

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:44:44

0/10 do not recoomend it again do you hear me that would make ng die inside and its already dead on the outside

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:48:50

At 7/28/12 08:42 PM, GhostOfHalloween wrote: are you autistic, maus?

No, I am merely an old and pedantic bitch. I don't do anal.

At 7/28/12 08:42 PM, Tramps wrote:
At 7/28/12 08:40 PM, Maus wrote: Maus
Only posting to acknowledge that Maus is here. A remnant from the days when the BBS wasn't filled with idiots like the OP.

:)

OP is from that era, lmao. Just from the quick browse I've had...it's still as juvenile - there's a thread about someone's dick and one about sexuality on the first page of General. Just like always. *toot* :D

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 20:59:20

At 7/28/12 08:48 PM, Maus wrote:
At 7/28/12 08:42 PM, GhostOfHalloween wrote:
OP is from that era, lmao. Just from the quick browse I've had...it's still as juvenile - there's a thread about someone's dick and one about sexuality on the first page of General. Just like always. *toot* :D

PSP's been in many forms for ages to come.

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 21:40:04

Back in my day, wurpa wurpa wurpa.

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 21:57:03

At 7/28/12 08:40 PM, Maus wrote:
At 7/28/12 08:27 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Calling someone autistic because you don't agree with the way someone's going about things is pretty lame.

I know this from experience, my brother is Autistic, I was being sarcastic. It looks like you don't live up to your reputation of having good insight.

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 22:06:06

i think having a liking system would be better that way depending on the like's you get the higher your rank but no down ranking

and why does doing ANYTHING wrong make you autistic?

damn new grounds you shrunk ma sig!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to We need a reputation system. 2012-07-28 22:07:40

At 7/28/12 10:06 PM, theguy313 wrote: i think having a liking system would be better that way depending on the like's you get the higher your rank but no down ranking

and why does doing ANYTHING wrong make you autistic?

I'll give you a hint...

We're joking.

BBS Signature