00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Slender - Free Horror Game

39,446 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-08-26 15:48:27

It's a shit game and isn't scary at all. I don't care how free it is; the cat's shit and the dead animals that it puts on my porch every other day are also free. Picking up some paper while a generic, poorly made model that vaguely resembles Slender man jumps out at you and yells "BOO!" doesn't make a very interesting or fun game. Amnesia was scary because you rarely saw the scary bits coming. In Slender, I could just guess when the "scares" happened.

inb4 Travis gets butthurt because I don't like his favorite game

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-08-26 19:00:53

At 8/26/12 03:56 PM, Protagonist wrote:
At 8/26/12 11:01 AM, Madiman wrote: All you need is being put into a forest with a scary as hell monster chasing you.
So all you need is a cliche concept and you're golden. Makes sense.

I don't see how it's scary. Just load up a generic human model, use the bucket tool to paint it's torso and legs black, and congratulations. You've made Slender. Not really scary.

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-09-29 13:46:43

At 7/6/12 02:14 PM, dragoswrath wrote: I just played through the game. Slenderman only appeared 3 or 4 times, and I laughed whenever he came out, because his model looks like it was made by an eight year old with zbrush.

It's not that bad, it just sucks how there is only 2 colors on it, and he has to have a red tie.

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-09-30 11:41:53

When you play Slender (the first one) for the first time, yea its probably going to scare the crap outta you but after a while its not so scary. If you played sanitorium (second one) it's basically the same objective just the only difference is your in a hospital and every time you get a note the music gets creepier. I've only completed Sanitorium but it would be nice if they had an ending.

BBS Signature