00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Slender - Free Horror Game

39,445 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-05 23:17:07

Anyone else here played this game? I got it yesterday and I cant even finish it, its so scary. The thing I love about it is that its so simple. It just throws you in the woods with a flashlight and no way of protecting yourself.

I love these types of games. Anyone know of any other free indie games like this?

Here's a video trailer of the game if you haven't played it yet(its free!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BswJKtn_9o

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-05 23:23:18

I wasn't really sold by the youtube vid, so I didn't really look into it. It seems like you just sorta point your flashlight everywhere and then slenderman appears.

I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-06 00:08:41

Slenderman looks terrible.

Christ, kinda ruins the whole creepy atmosphere if some terribly animated blockman is charging at you.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-06 01:22:52

Hey look another "scary" game where you are running away from a monster.
These sure have gotten popular these days, and they all suck.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-06 05:15:27

Just the usual "This game isn't scary at all" responses. Typical.

I played the game, freaked me out at first until I realized that
1. He doesn't appear until atleast the 2nd note is acquired.
2. If you don't look back and know exactly where the notes are it's a breeze.

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-06 17:55:43

At 7/6/12 05:15 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Just the usual "This game isn't scary at all" responses. Typical.

I played the game, freaked me out at first until I realized that
1. He doesn't appear until atleast the 2nd note is acquired.
2. If you don't look back and know exactly where the notes are it's a breeze.

It has nothing to do with the game not being scary.

It's the fact that Slenderman looks like an autistic child modeled him.

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-06 21:02:49

At 7/6/12 05:55 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote: It's the fact that Slenderman looks like an autistic child modeled him.

If an autistic child modeled him, it would probably be better. Autism suggests a sort of OCD when it comes to creating and building things, so maybe it's time that you go back to the "retard" insult used for so many generations.

Because you know what? This autism insult is just fucking annoying, it's used out of context and isn't really much of an insult at all. Fucking sick of seeing it online.

That said, Slenderman is dumb. Dumbest horror creation, even dumber than Bigfoot. And Bigfoot is pretty fucking stupid.

Might try this when I get home Monday if I'm bored enough.

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-06 21:37:43

At 7/6/12 09:02 PM, Rallard wrote: If an autistic child modeled him, it would probably be better.

Slenderman the Hedgehog would be hilarious, but not really any better.

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-07 00:46:27

Game kicks ass. Everyone gets all pissy an acts bitch about "blocky" blah fucking graphics blah.
Most of the little shit head newgrounders on here don't know what counts as a game.
Amnesia was a VERY good game, and not just for "jump" scares.
Be ready for the dickheads on newgrounds to jump on any good game, and point out the obvious lame bullshit that isn't in the game like graphics, guns, and multiplayer. If it doesn't have any of those then it's not worth the time.
Newgrounds isn't the place to talk about new, creative things anymore.
Way to down a game that's FREE.

any who, back to my search for any news on project nexus updates.

Oh have you seen the new video for the slender man? It's pretty creepy. I think it would make a good horror movie. Change
it up a little ya know. Sick of shitty horror movies with just blood, guts, an tits. Need a good solid scary movie (tits can stay)

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-07 03:07:48

At 7/7/12 12:46 AM, jesseRYU wrote: words

...Are you autistic?

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-07 06:21:26

the game's free, i'm bored, the trailer was interesting 8/10 will try

Does anyone actually read these?

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-07 12:48:06

Wow, didn't expect this to get such a negative response. You guys do gotta remember, this game is free. It was made by one person, instead of a professional team. I think its very well made, and the blocky graphics don't really bother me. Still scares the crap outta me when you turn around and the slenderman is right there. I love how the music picks up the more notes you collect. I think the slenderman gets faster after each note you get. But whatever, if you don't like the game thats fine with me.

At 7/7/12 12:46 AM, jesseRYU wrote: Oh have you seen the new video for the slender man? It's pretty creepy. I think it would make a good horror movie. Change
it up a little ya know. Sick of shitty horror movies with just blood, guts, an tits. Need a good solid scary movie (tits can stay)

Yeah, I would love to see a slenderman movie. Iv'e seen some of MarbleHornets videos on youtube, and they are pretty creepy.

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-07 14:31:36

At 7/7/12 12:48 PM, Figikii wrote: Wow, didn't expect this to get such a negative response. You guys do gotta remember, this game is free. It was made by one person, instead of a professional team. I think its very well made, and the blocky graphics don't really bother me. Still scares the crap outta me when you turn around and the slenderman is right there. I love how the music picks up the more notes you collect. I think the slenderman gets faster after each note you get. But whatever, if you don't like the game thats fine with me.

You guys do gotta remember, this dog shit on the sidewalk is free. It was made by one dog, instead of a pack of dogs.

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-07 14:45:10

At 7/7/12 02:31 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: You guys do gotta remember, this dog shit on the sidewalk is free. It was made by one dog, instead of a pack of dogs.

Oh god I just laughed pepsi through my nose.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-07 19:11:33

Yeah, I would love to see a slenderman movie. Iv'e seen some of MarbleHornets videos on youtube, and they are pretty creepy.

I saw a few decent videos made, but most are retarded.
Have you noticed how many children join the clock crew? It's so they can deal with being bullied in school (which is sad for them. they should punch those silly bullies in the face)
I wish we could have kids neutered. Least they would have a reason for being pathetic then.

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-07 23:00:01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj6F_piB_HE#t=6m21s
Just replace "movie" with "video game" and you get pretty much my reaction.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-08 14:33:33

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-09 01:52:29

Can't go 20 seconds into the game without hitting escape. It gives you such an intense rush of paranioa, leaves me with goosebumps. Even if I try to focus on the fact that it's just a video game.

Everyone who hates on it is too puss to load it up in the dark, alone, wearing headphones.

Walk before you talk, kids.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-09 02:21:44

I tried this game and the next one, and honostly, yes the first one had, um... dated (?) graphics but the constant ability of the man to randomly appear makes you alert and constantly pissed. The second game was a whole lot better because the complete darkness with nothing but your flashlight made it freaky, but the random generating of the 8 notes is what really made it a new challenge every time you play. All honosty though, go play something a little more scary, like SCP or Amnesia.

Trollolololol! Merry Christmas, Bastards!

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-12 23:03:07

i played this game and beat it the first time... i didnt even see slender man till the end... but just that i knew i was being chased creeped me the fuck out.... its a nice little time waster

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-12 23:04:10

At 7/12/12 09:47 PM, Travis wrote: People here are bitching about a game that was FREE. It was F-R-E-E FREE...

Seriously, quit bitching about the game... you didn't pay money for it, you should have ZERO expectation for it.

Yeah everybody. The game was FREE, so you are not allowed to say anything bad about it because, you know, it was F-R-E-E FREE.

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-13 05:05:08

At 7/12/12 09:47 PM, Travis wrote: People here are bitching about a game that was FREE. It was F-R-E-E FREE...

Seriously, quit bitching about the game... you didn't pay money for it, you should have ZERO expectation for it.

*sigh* This again. Just because it's free doesn't mean it's immune to criticism.

Looks like I could get some scares from it in the same way SCP-087-B scared me. But seriously... That model needs some work.

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-13 09:37:51

At 7/6/12 05:15 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: 1. He doesn't appear until atleast the 2nd note is acquired.

Nope, in Cr1tikal's video he appeared as soon as he picked up the first note.

It's an alright game but it could've been a lot better. For example if slendy dashed behind a tree when you spot him instead of just standing there like a tool.

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-13 10:25:23

At 7/6/12 12:08 AM, DarkShadowblade wrote: Slenderman looks terrible.

Christ, kinda ruins the whole creepy atmosphere if some terribly animated blockman is charging at you.

Sometimes, a bad model can be more scarier than a more creepy looking model. Take a look at LSD as a perfect example game.

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-15 07:06:18

Slender Man is soo scary x.x

Slender - Free Horror Game

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-15 14:54:54

From the video, the game looks like it could start getting to you (paranoia). A simple game like this can be very scary; all you do is walk around with a flashlight with no weapons and a creepy atmosphere. It starts to be a "What was that?" and "There's a lack of slenderman so it could be about to come at me." kind of game.

The game doesn't seem too bad for something made by probably one guy and the video did say it was an experimental game.

Slenderman looks terrible though.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-07-15 20:40:35

At 7/13/12 10:25 AM, darklink4567 wrote:
At 7/6/12 12:08 AM, DarkShadowblade wrote: Slenderman looks terrible.

Sometimes, a bad model can be more scarier than a more creepy looking model. Take a look at LSD as a perfect example game.

Gotta agree, there's alot of truth in this. Kinda why alot of horror movies now a days are going back to there roots with odd, unrealistic, and generally creepy costumes (Insidious should come to mind).

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-08-26 11:01:41

When anything is popular, it is the human instinct to hate on it. This is why everyone is hating on this game. Slender proves you don't need big budgets and awsome graphics to make a scary game. All you need is being put into a forest with a scary as hell monster chasing you.

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-08-26 11:33:33

Play Sanatorium. Ten times scarier than the actual game. After the first play of slenderman you'll get a big scare when he gets you but after awhile you'll realize that everytime you turn around he just spawn rapidly at you which is predictable. Sanatorium is pretty much scarier than the original. Which is pretty funny because its an adaption to the game.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Slender - Free Horror Game 2012-08-26 11:53:23

At 8/26/12 11:01 AM, Madiman wrote: When anything is popular, it is the human instinct to hate on it. This is why everyone is hating on this game. Slender proves you don't need big budgets and awsome graphics to make a scary game. All you need is being put into a forest with a scary as hell monster chasing you.

Agree. Nowadays games aren't even scary anymore. Silent Hill became more a surviving action game than horror. Fear series wasn't even that scary in the first place, "OHHH A DEMONIC GIRL! THE GAME IS AUTOMATICALLY SCARY!". And Dead Space never made me jump once. For a great game series it never made me jump. The last games that actually scared me have to be Doom 3 and LSD (LSD wasn't game that was intentionally made to scare you surprisingly). Honestly I would pick a low quality pc game off the internet anyday. Besides its better than the stuff game companies are trying to do these days.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature