00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Most "realistic" Fps Games?

5,549 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-04 18:06:33

I used to play a ton of video games, but recently I haven't been happy with them. With CoD and BF3 attempting "realism" they seem to be ruining fps games for me. The main problem is they aren't realistic. Any game that tries to be always fails. Shotguns can shoot much farther then video games will let them, the fact you can get shot more then once, rapid firing a revolver in under 1 second >.> ect. So should they make an ultra-realistic FPS, or make them like Half-life 2 with unrealistic but fun guns?

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-04 18:12:25

Doom is the most realistic shooter ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-04 18:32:07

Arma II (TPS but whatever), but you'll probably hate it.
It's TOO realistic for most people.

BF2 with Project Reality mod, If you want a realism fix.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 00:47:25

rather the battlefield series or arma

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 10:14:43

At 7/4/12 06:33 PM, makehimanoffer wrote: Operation Flashpoint is built to be realistic so thats basically the most realistic. More like a military simulator

This. You spend more time moving towards objectives and calculating tactics than actually shooting people. I still haven't finished Red River. Can only handle it in small doses...

...small doses.

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 10:59:27

At 7/4/12 06:32 PM, phrozonfire wrote: Arma II (TPS but whatever), but you'll probably hate it.
It's TOO realistic for most people.

Arma II is an FPS, it only lets you use third person on lower difficulties.

And for all it's realism it's really not that hard. I don't think anyone would have a problem if they played on easy. That being said it will be hard to get into if you're not used to playing games with a keyboard.

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 11:01:55

double post, oh lawdy

Operation Flashpoint is basically just a shittier, 'consolized' Arma. Plus it sucks.

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 11:33:06

probably that U.S Army game which is pretty much a simulator.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 11:33:14

At 7/5/12 11:01 AM, Jackho wrote: Operation Flashpoint is basically just a shittier, 'consolized' Arma. Plus it sucks.

I've only played Dragon Rising, but I thought it was awful. Takes me forever just to get past the first mission and from there on it's all downhill. Way too hard in my opinion.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 11:33:52

At 7/5/12 11:33 AM, Dean wrote: I've only played Dragon Rising, but I thought it was awful. Takes me forever just to get past the first mission and from there on it's all downhill. Way too hard in my opinion.

Forgot to mention that the control system is AWFUL. I think that's what really ruins the game for me.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 12:28:45

they also seem to want to colour everything brown- look outside, is everything brown outside? no it is not. real life isn't fucking brown so why are brown games lauded as "realistic"? it gets on my fucking nerves something chronic.

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 17:39:47

i play video games to get away from reality

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 17:46:34

Resistance and Liberation and then ARMA 2.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 20:20:33

At 7/5/12 05:39 PM, FanofFulp wrote: i play video games to get away from reality

and i agree with that. I guess i'd rather shoot toilets at people then have to make sure my scope doesn't reflect giving my position away to the enemy
just seems like most fps games don't have fun anymore

Response to Most "realistic" Fps Games? 2012-07-05 20:47:42

Battlefield 3 is pretty realistic. Actually, if I'm honest it's only realistic when you're in a vehicle or if you have a tact light/laser in your eyes or when you're trying to kill someone that's more than 100 metres away. The rest of the time it's just a test of your reactions. It's still awesome though.

Unlike Operation Flashpoint, that was like real life (a real drag). You had to travel massives distances to your objectives and you could be killed in one shot if you weren't careful. WHERE'S THE FUN IN THAT?!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature