00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

looking for skilled game musicians

1,811 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Howdy!

Several weeks ago I posted a similar topics to this one, and we recruited an amazing musician to our team, but he can't keep up with the rate at which we're making games, so we're looking for an additional musician.

Basically, we've created/are creating several games for ios, android and html5 platforms and they are in dire need of music. If you're capable and interested in creating greatmusic for games that would be played by thousands, on various devices/tablets and the web please reply to this thread or shoot me a PM!

We are looking for somebody skilled and who has prior experience with making music for games..

the games will not be sold/aren't being made for profit.

please only reply if you're interested or have questions relating to this topic :)
thanks!!!

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-01 15:07:32

At 5/1/12 02:01 PM, LaForge wrote: in case we didn't see your previous thread, a little more information would be helpful, more specifically which genre you're looking for. i'm assuming 8-bit or chiptune, but ya know "video game music" is a rather broad spectrum.

Terribly sorry, I should have elaborated more..

I'm not really familiar with the lingo for music so bear with me..

We're using non-pixelated art which I don't think will flow well with 8-bit. We're using clean vector graphics...
A few of the games we've already made raise the aura of a happy fairly fast paced game that takes place in a jungle/forrest..

Another has a jungle/tiki theme, so i envision drums banging, etc..

I hope this helps.. let me know if there's anything else I can answer :)

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-01 16:01:39

At 5/1/12 03:07 PM, ArcadeArmory wrote: We're using non-pixelated art which I don't think will flow well with 8-bit. We're using clean vector graphics...
A few of the games we've already made raise the aura of a happy fairly fast paced game that takes place in a jungle/forrest..

Another has a jungle/tiki theme, so i envision drums banging, etc..

I hope this helps.. let me know if there's anything else I can answer :)

Alrighty then, I suppose that leaves me out of the running for now. Good luck to you!

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-01 16:18:55

Oh hey, I make sound effects and write video game music for a living. I'm interested, but I have a few questions.

Alright, I'm assuming that your website is http://www.arcadearmory.com/ , but that seems to be all browser games. Can you give more details on your mobile company, i.e. number of games produced per year and if this is contract work or if you're actually hiring?

And the question on everyone's minds: what's your budget for music?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-01 19:40:18

I am really interested on working with you. Right now I am not busy in any project so I have plenty of time to compose. I composed music of all genres but I focus more on using orchestra instrument but making some fun music. That gives me I really wide range where I can work with video games soundtracks. If you're looking for something happy that is something that I can do without problem.

Right now this account is pretty new so I don't have much music on here but I can show you the main theme for a soundtrack that I finished last week I did it in a small amount of time so you can see that I can work pretty fast.

As you can see I adjusted my style to fit in the 50's feeling that the game has and I just used instrument from a 50's band.

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-01 20:48:01

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-01 23:50:55

I figured I could throw a song that I made to be used for a video game. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/475182

BBS Signature

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-02 15:15:15

At 5/1/12 04:18 PM, Rig wrote: Oh hey, I make sound effects and write video game music for a living. I'm interested, but I have a few questions.

Alright, I'm assuming that your website is http://www.arcadearmory.com/ , but that seems to be all browser games. Can you give more details on your mobile company, i.e. number of games produced per year and if this is contract work or if you're actually hiring?

And the question on everyone's minds: what's your budget for music?

Terribly sorry for the delay in reply guys, have had a hectic day!

I've started a new portal: www.cosmoarcade.com (it's currently under development to an extent) and the games are going towards it. I'm trying to forge a community /make a name for cosmoarcade via regularly creating flash/ios/android games... i've put together an INCREDIBLY solid team (of 3 so far) whom want to be part of creating such a community..

as you can see the website is adless, and profit really isn't in mind so there isn't any pay... if you want to take hand in creating some awesome games, and creating such a website then that's you're pay... if not, then i completely understand :)

everything in the upcoming days we'll be release is free

as for number of games produced, we have several games that are complete and are in need of music.. I'll gladly show the musician whom i choose the games assuming they have an iphone/ipad or android device I sent send them the itunes files to play :D

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-02 15:26:59

At 5/2/12 03:15 PM, ArcadeArmory wrote: as you can see the website is adless, and profit really isn't in mind so there isn't any pay... if you want to take hand in creating some awesome games, and creating such a website then that's you're pay... if not, then i completely understand :)

Ah, I see. Sorry, but I have rent to pay ;P

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-02 15:40:08

At 5/2/12 03:26 PM, Rig wrote:
At 5/2/12 03:15 PM, ArcadeArmory wrote: as you can see the website is adless, and profit really isn't in mind so there isn't any pay... if you want to take hand in creating some awesome games, and creating such a website then that's you're pay... if not, then i completely understand :)
Ah, I see. Sorry, but I have rent to pay ;P

:) understandable!

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-02 17:21:37

At 5/2/12 03:15 PM, ArcadeArmory wrote:
I've started a new portal: www.cosmoarcade.com (it's currently under development to an extent) and the games are going towards it. I'm trying to forge a community /make a name for cosmoarcade via regularly creating flash/ios/android games... i've put together an INCREDIBLY solid team (of 3 so far) whom want to be part of creating such a community..

as you can see the website is adless, and profit really isn't in mind so there isn't any pay... if you want to take hand in creating some awesome games, and creating such a website then that's you're pay... if not, then i completely understand :)

everything in the upcoming days we'll be release is free

as for number of games produced, we have several games that are complete and are in need of music.. I'll gladly show the musician whom i choose the games assuming they have an iphone/ipad or android device I sent send them the itunes files to play :D

Well I am still really interested. I like the website and it look like a very serous project and that is exactly what I am looking, a place where I can put my skills as a composer to work. I took a look at the games and in my opinion I can fit very well in the style that you are looking. I could make some electronic music mixed with orchestral instrument and make some fun and happy songs for your games, as I said before my work rate is fast and with high quality songs.

Here I leave you some other songs. The first one is from a game soundtrack and the second one is from a short film. The second one is under my old account.

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-03 01:45:37

I'd be interested if you're still looking. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/472958

Response to looking for skilled game musicians 2012-05-03 04:46:55

http://nikethesword.newgrounds.com/audio/

I'm obviously intrested. Workpace is not a problem (I got the feeling that you want someone who can come forth with a loop in, say, 2-3 days) Money is not a problem, don't want any, I just want to hear my music in games.

I'm versatile, been doing VGmusic and few indiemovie soundtracks about 3 years now.

PM me if your intrested, hell, give me a project and decide wheter you want to use it or not, once I've completed it :)

: What? No I won't level up, I like my watergun.