00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is DA muro a good art program?

1,337 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Is DA muro a good art program? 2012-04-12 13:09:58

During a promo of Internet Explorer 9 and during my time in DeviantArt, I notice that they were showing this in browser art program made by Deviant Art called DA. I want to know if it's a decent art program to use?

Just your average beginner artist

My Youtube Account

My DeviantArt Account

BBS Signature

Response to Is DA muro a good art program? 2012-04-12 13:48:46

At 4/12/12 01:09 PM, TransformersMarvel wrote: During a promo of Internet Explorer 9 and during my time in DeviantArt, I notice that they were showing this in browser art program made by Deviant Art called DA. I want to know if it's a decent art program to use?

No.

It's better than MS Paint...but only slighty.

If you want to use an art program there's plenty that aren't browser based and aren't shit.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Is DA muro a good art program? 2012-04-12 14:21:01

At 4/12/12 01:09 PM, TransformersMarvel wrote: During a promo of Internet Explorer 9 and during my time in DeviantArt, I notice that they were showing this in browser art program made by Deviant Art called DA. I want to know if it's a decent art program to use?

It's decent. I will automatically discount all people who say Muro is horrible because it does have its limitations, but it is by no means equivalent to standard oekaki programs.

I haven't tried Sumo Paint yet, so I can't decide, but I HAVE done stuff on Muro (heck, all my sketchlines are done on Muro to say the least), and this was entirely done on Muro.

Response to Is DA muro a good art program? 2012-04-12 14:23:33

With a mouse, if I might add.

Response to Is DA muro a good art program? 2012-04-12 15:28:03

Yeahhh....

No.

Get GIMP or something, its fairly good I heard, and free~

Response to Is DA muro a good art program? 2012-04-12 21:40:31

At 4/12/12 09:26 PM, bigCman321 wrote: It would be cool if DA made a more full fledged program with upload straight to DA functionality.

I thought that thing could already upload straight to DA? o.O I get what you mean about it not being fully-fledged and all...

Response to Is DA muro a good art program? 2012-04-12 23:40:17

Hands down GIMP is a far better free program. As far as features, tools, and overall usefulness I'd say it's the best you can get without a price. Legally anyway.

BBS Signature