00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted lok supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zimmerman Arrested

4,979 Views | 80 Replies

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 21:05:56

Yea this thread is full of arguments, and that's good he got arrested.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 21:06:46

At 4/11/12 09:05 PM, Luis wrote: I find the whole case stupid so i try not to pay attention to it, but last i read, he had made some phone calls about that white dude poking around coming after him. Its unfortunate he got killed over it sure, but if some guy who obviously is not a police officer is trying to punk me around and I'm in a position to slam his head into the ground to get him to leave me alone then ill do it. The whole self-defense thing goes both ways really.

Thank you Luis!

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 21:15:55

At 4/11/12 09:14 PM, Bees wrote:
At 4/11/12 09:04 PM, Revo357912 wrote: Stop using the "Full mount" excuse when only one witness says that.
and the gash on his head

And the hole in Martin and the lack of a bloody nose on Zimmerman

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 21:23:25

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/trayvon-witness-questions-self-d efense-claim
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/crime-in-national/video-trayvon-m artin-shooting-witness-says-police-disinterested-what-she-sa w

Those are the witnesses Ima put up

And now, for the studies that says that eye witness testimony is not useful:

http://agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue%20One/fisher&tversky.ht m

http://scienceblogs.com/cortex/2007/05/unreliable_eyewitness _testimon.php

Quote: "Bad eyewitness identifications contributed to 75 percent of wrongful convictions in cases that were overturned by DNA evidence."

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 21:28:56

At 4/11/12 09:04 PM, CritcalOne wrote: I don't think one shot to the abdomen (only possible area in full mount) is lethal.

From what sources i could scrap together, it seemed to have been a chest shot, which is also possible and a chest shot can be lethal. Even if it was an abdomen shot, it could still be lethal since that's where a whole bunch of vital organs are.

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 21:42:16

@Rascist

Some time has passed by, over a month. And now there's a trial. That's my point with the studies.

Also, the phone records don't help Zimmerman, remember? The voice analysis showed it wasn't Zimmerman screaming for help for one thing, and then theres the phone record of the gf. Then there's the 911 record, which shows this could had been prevented had he just waited for the cops.

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 21:53:12

At 4/11/12 09:48 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
"In a typical case, Allen takes several phrases of at least 10 words from a wiretap or telephone call and generates a voiceprint with a software program by a Speech Technology Center called Trawl"

Oh look, he isn't using his normal method of 10 words in this scenario. He's going off of a scream. And this is a requested analysis by a media organization. They could easily just pass on to the next people until they get somebody who fits their goal. But, as we all know, the major news outlets reporting on this have been 100% objective and haven't mislead at all.

There are 2 audio analysts on it. He's only one of them. The other one is part of a forensics team, and he has the same verdict.

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 22:00:56

At 4/11/12 09:56 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 4/11/12 09:53 PM, Revo357912 wrote: There are 2 audio analysts on it. He's only one of them. The other one is part of a forensics team, and he has the same verdict.
48% chance of it being Zimmerman. Using a non-standard method.

Yes, less than half, from the person you mentioned. The other analyst used a method that was his standard method. However, it was not reported how he did, since his seems to be working with the court.

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 22:06:43

I hope he walks because he actually defended himself and everyone acts like he pulled a casey anthony.

Sacred wind tribe

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 22:09:39

Good. I'm not a fan of all the media hype and phony outrage surrounding the case, but he deserves to be prosecuted.

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:00:37

At 4/11/12 10:09 PM, Me-Patch wrote: Good. I'm not a fan of all the media hype and phony outrage surrounding the case, but he deserves to be prosecuted.

ehh i wouldn't say it's phony outrage when you have a bunch of black panthers putting an illegal bounty on zimmerman's head

but whatever i guess i don't know what i'm talking about

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:15:55

At 4/11/12 11:00 PM, psychopathy wrote: ehh i wouldn't say it's phony outrage when you have a bunch of black panthers putting an illegal bounty on zimmerman's head

Granted there is legitimate outrage from some. I'm referring more to the news media, pundits like Bill Maher, and race baiting black activists like Sharpton. All of whom are out to exploit this whole mess.

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:17:04

At 4/11/12 11:15 PM, Me-Patch wrote:
Granted there is legitimate outrage from some. I'm referring more to the news media, pundits like Bill Maher, and race baiting black activists like Sharpton. All of whom are out to exploit this whole mess.

Since when has the mass media in general not make a mess of things.

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:27:45

I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said, so:

General information.
On the voice recognition 'evidence'.
The prosecutor is probably biased.

wolf piss

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:30:52

Welt I'm satisfied.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:33:49

Whether or not Zimmerman is determined to be guilty, I still think he is an idiot based on the premise we were given. There is no "good guy" in this case. Almost everyone involved with the actual incident seemed to be void of any common sense whatsoever - and the media, community, and families did nothing but add on to the collective retardation. At the very least, I think Zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter. I fail to see how disregarding the police, instigating a fight, then losing horribly and resorting to purposefully lethal force, could get you off scott free. Unfortunately, because of the convoluted law system, this guy is probably not going to be convicted of anything. Everyone loses.

Of course, this is all my opinion based on the known facts relayed by multiple media outlets. Until the actual case is over with, nothing can be definitive.

Race shouldn't have even come up.

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9

"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:34:37

At 4/11/12 11:31 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 4/11/12 11:29 PM, Cootie wrote: People shouldn't have to afraid of or tolerate people hitting them. If you have to kill them in order to get them to stop then so be it; maybe people would stop putting their hands on each other.
lol self defense. Pretty sure if i did something to a creep following me I'd be the one acting in self-defense.

Attacking someone who is following you is not self defense. You are being the aggressor. I can legally follow you anywhere that is public. You do not have the right to attack me.

LERN2LEGALESE

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:38:25

At 4/11/12 11:34 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 4/11/12 11:31 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 4/11/12 11:29 PM, Cootie wrote: People shouldn't have to afraid of or tolerate people hitting them. If you have to kill them in order to get them to stop then so be it; maybe people would stop putting their hands on each other.
lol self defense. Pretty sure if i did something to a creep following me I'd be the one acting in self-defense.
Attacking someone who is following you is not self defense. You are being the aggressor. I can legally follow you anywhere that is public. You do not have the right to attack me.

LERN2LEGALESE

Being followed at night.

By someone in a van.

Whom you can't see.

And your black.

In Florida.

Yup, no reason to be scared. Nothings gon- BAM! "he dead..."

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:39:28

At 4/11/12 11:34 PM, DickBuns wrote: Attacking someone who is following you is not self defense.

Is this confirmed in the actual case? I was led to believe that the only one who knows who instigated the fight itself is Zimmerman. Also, following people around town (AKA: stalking) is not legal.

"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:44:44

At 4/11/12 11:38 PM, Revo357912 wrote:
Being followed at night.

By someone in a van.

Whom you can't see.

And your black.

In Florida.

Yup, no reason to be scared. Nothings gon- BAM! "he dead..."

LOL. Your logic is so full of holes it's hilarious. He wasn't driving a fucking Van. He could see him. He stepped out of the vehicle and followed him on foot.

Basically, you're a goddamn tool. Please. More mainstream media parroting please.

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:45:27

At 4/11/12 11:38 PM, Revo357912 wrote: Yup, no reason to be scared. Nothings gon- BAM! "he dead..."

I always had a sneaking suspicion that Treyvon Martin was actually killed by Emeril Lagasse...

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:51:20

At 4/11/12 11:49 PM, Bees wrote:
people like you literally set the country back several decades when every time an act of violence happens the color of the person's skin is immediately acknowledged before the actual story is given.

I'm ashamed that I claim his state as my state of origin. People ask me where I'm from, and I say Texas. And idiots like him make me feel bad for saying that.

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:52:47

At 4/11/12 11:15 PM, Me-Patch wrote:
At 4/11/12 11:00 PM, psychopathy wrote: ehh i wouldn't say it's phony outrage when you have a bunch of black panthers putting an illegal bounty on zimmerman's head

oh my mistake then

sharpton, jackson, etc. can go fuck themselves because they're exploitative cunts

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:53:30

At 4/11/12 11:52 PM, Ilssm wrote: If he is found guilty, they send another black guy to jail.

If he's found innocent, society is just seen ignoring a black teens death.

Nobody can win here.

He's not black.

God you guys are fucking idiots.

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-11 23:56:46

At 4/11/12 11:49 PM, Bees wrote: throws in race

Race is an important context to consider if for nothing else but to understand the possible psychological motives. But, I agree that it should never be the prime focus of an investigation - simply side information that could rule out one cause over another.

(overly-simplified) Example: A Black Panther murdering a member of the KKK.

It's really only a category that can be taken in a case-by-case basis. In the Zimmerman case, I do not believe race should have come up at all. It was unnecessary information used to instigate public hype.

BBS Signature

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-12 00:04:55

At 4/11/12 11:57 PM, Ilssm wrote:
He's not black.

Sorry, I heard someone claim he was and I don't care enough about the article to actually read it because, you know, this kind of stuff is in the news all the time.

Nice attempt at trying to excuse your own idiocy. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted.

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-12 00:07:13

At 4/12/12 12:04 AM, DickBuns wrote:
At 4/11/12 11:57 PM, Ilssm wrote:
He's not black.

Sorry, I heard someone claim he was and I don't care enough about the article to actually read it because, you know, this kind of stuff is in the news all the time.
Nice attempt at trying to excuse your own idiocy. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted.

jeez dickbuns relax llssm made an honest mistake.

no need to be a bitch about it

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-12 00:14:44

At 4/12/12 12:07 AM, Ilssm wrote:

But you need to pull that pole out of your ass and learn to lighten up, it'd probably be better for everyone, mostly yourself.

I don't have a pole in my ass. I'm just not a dumb fuck is all. I forgive you though since you apologized.

At 4/12/12 12:07 AM, psychopathy wrote:
jeez dickbuns relax llssm made an honest mistake.

no need to be a bitch about it

Eat a dick.

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-12 00:23:07

At 4/12/12 12:21 AM, Ilssm wrote: Mindless banter.

Because, you know, I'm 'dumb as fuck.'.

Cool story bro.

Response to Zimmerman Arrested 2012-04-12 00:26:19

At 4/12/12 12:24 AM, Ilssm wrote:
At 4/12/12 12:21 AM, Ilssm wrote: Stuff
Whoops, sorry, meant 'Dumb Fuck' not 'Dumb as fuck'.

Although, probably won't make difference.

Not really. You're just further trying to offset the stupid post you made. That's cool that you're trying to save face I guess.