00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mekboybilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly

42,281 Views | 641 Replies

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-16 19:50:00

At 7/16/13 07:37 PM, Ceratisa wrote: But his action wasn't racist, at worst it was profiling, which isn't racist. And he still didn't force TM to attack him.

It would be really nice if you payed attention to conversations before jumping in.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-16 20:03:38

At 7/16/13 06:54 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 7/16/13 06:45 PM, Mechwarrior300 wrote: how do you become a racist without being racist?
A person who by all accounts isn't racist can still do a racist thing. Does that thereafter make them racist? Maybe,. Does that make them racist beforehand? No.

you have to be a racist before you act on racism dumbass

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHUCKY DUCKY NAAAAOOWWW

CLICK MY SIG FOR PICS OF JAILBAIT YOU SICK MOTHERFUCKER!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-16 21:32:40

Can someone answer me this? Why does this case matter? It's some guy killing a black kid IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME! You know what doesn't happen all the time? An administration coming under fire for 3 simultaneous scandals. You know what else doesn't happen all the time? Islamists taking power in an important Middle Eastern nation. A guy killing a black guy where both made a couple miscommunications and misinterpreted things? Christ that happens everyday. Worse yet, someone who doesn't get convicted for it? That happens all the time as well. Why is this the center of politics when it means absolutely nothing? The outcome of the case does nothing for anyone not involved in it unlike the overturning of DOMA.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-16 21:36:59

At 7/16/13 09:32 PM, Warforger wrote: Can someone answer me this? Why does this case matter? It's some guy killing a black kid IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!

There are some people who regard this as a Bad Thing and there are those who view that as a sanitation issue.

BBS Signature

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-16 21:42:02

At 7/16/13 08:03 PM, Mechwarrior300 wrote: you have to be a racist before you act on racism dumbass

You can be subconsciously racist, consciously racist but hide it very well in public, or come from a racist upbringing, deafknees.

Just an 02er.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-16 21:51:04

At 7/16/13 07:50 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 7/16/13 07:37 PM, Ceratisa wrote: But his action wasn't racist, at worst it was profiling, which isn't racist. And he still didn't force TM to attack him.
It would be really nice if you payed attention to conversations before jumping in.

Rage less Camar, stop being such a baby about due process.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 11:42:31

Imagine what the NRA would be saying if a black man chased a white boy around in a truck, then got out and shot him?

This all could have been avoided if Trayvon had a gun to defend himself.

Just an 02er.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 12:30:43

At 7/16/13 09:51 PM, Ceratisa wrote: Rage less Camar, stop being such a baby about due process.

When have I ever mentioned due process?

What I have been saying is that Zimmerman is morally at fault and deserves the fallout based on his piss poor judgment.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 14:20:24

At 7/17/13 11:42 AM, Profanity wrote: This all could have been avoided if Trayvon had a gun to defend himself.

He was using the concrete to defend himself.

BBS Signature

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 16:23:11

At 7/17/13 02:20 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 7/17/13 11:42 AM, Profanity wrote: This all could have been avoided if Trayvon had a gun to defend himself.
He was using the concrete to defend himself.

He only had an AriZona and Skittles! He was completely defenseless against the probably gang-affiliated African American with his probably unregistered firearm!

Just an 02er.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 16:33:40

At 7/17/13 12:30 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
What I have been saying is that Zimmerman is morally at fault and deserves the fallout based on his piss poor judgment.

The media's story: Zimmerman, crazed white gun nut and wannabe cop who has had trouble with the law saw a black kid in his rich neighborhood, followed him despite police telling him not to and gunned him down in cold blood, claiming "stand your ground".

The actual story that emerged: Zimmerman, hispanic upstanding citizen followed a suspicious unknown black kid after a string of petty crimes committed by unknown offenders, some known to be black, then followed him to make sure he didn't escape before the cop came and questioned him. Following that, Treyvon escalated the conflict needlessly, beat Zimmerman to shit on the concrete and got shot to death in self-defense.

=======

What would YOU have done if you were neighborhood watch and saw an unknown dude in a hoodie walking around at night scoping property, as Zimmerman claims? Zimmerman never restricted Treyvon's movements, he was always free to run or go to his uncle's place to wait for the cops and explain himself. But he confronted Zimmerman ( which the race-bating idiots call "defending himself" even though at no point had he been attacked or even stalked ) and then beat the shit out of him.
That is a crime. He died a criminal. Zimmerman didn't shoot some innocent kid no matter how you put it, he shot a criminal in self-defense.

Put yourself in Treyvon's situation. Would YOU have done what he did? I hope you're not that stupid. I sure as shit know I wouldn't have. It was an honest mistake by Zimmerman and he had probable cause to suspect the kid because, remember, he lives in a gated community and he had never seen Treyvon before.
How this should have ended is the cops showing up at Treyvon's uncle's house then him explaining to Zimmerman what was up, Zimmerman apologizing and that would have been that.

To blame Zimmerman for this is retarded at this point after all that's come out in the trial.

While Treyvon is dead and you can never get his side, all the evidence points to Zimmerman's story being at the very least quite plausible.

BBS Signature

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 20:05:16

If he wanted to be REALLY vengeful about the whole affair, he might even be able to go after Trayvon's parents for the pain and suffering their underage child made him go through. I seriously doubt he will though.

I don't think Zimmerman so little a man honestly, but people have won worse lawsuits.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 20:17:00

I don't think Zimmerman would sue the parents either. Most of the things they did that threw gas on the fire were normal parts of grieving. They used an old picture of him because parents remember their children as such, rather than the stereotypical criminal element he had become. It was really the media that took the lament of grieving parents and spread it across the national mind. Everything about the scenario was just wrong. It's mind blowing to me how something so insignificant that happens all the time happened one time in some place no one's ever heard of and now a culture that already has equal rights is out screaming about civil rights. It almost seems like everything from the local news report to now was choreographed.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 22:21:40

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/07/17/Rachel-Jean tel-Says-Trayvon-Martin-Punched-First?utm_source=BreitbartNe ws&utm_medium=facebook
Jeantel believes TM punched first. She also believes Zimmerman should have just taken the beaten.

He may have needed a few stitches and have bruises by the time TM was done but she doesn't think he'd kill Zimmerman.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 22:44:33

Of course, if Jeantel, Martin's close friend, says Martin is guilty of throwing the first punch, then who are we to disagree? It would seem she would be interested in protecting Martin's memory, not tarnishing it by stating that she believes he began the physical altercation.

Indeed, I thought she said something different in court though.. hm......

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 22:47:32

At 7/17/13 10:21 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
He may have needed a few stitches and have bruises by the time TM was done but she doesn't think he'd kill Zimmerman.

If I had a gun and some dude was beating the shit out of me alone in the middle of the night, I'd shoot him if given the chance.
And so would you.

Or anyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 22:53:25

At 7/17/13 05:35 PM, Korriken wrote: He's white, therefore he CAN'T possibly be innocent and deserves punishment, even though the court system cleared him of murder.

He's hispanic, genius. And Idon't give a shit what he is. He made a series of bad judgment and someone died. He's lucky stand your ground exists, because in any other jurisdiction he would very much be found civilly liable for his acts, even though he was not criminally responsible.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 22:59:42

At 7/17/13 10:47 PM, poxpower wrote: If I had a gun and some dude was beating the shit out of me alone in the middle of the night, I'd shoot him if given the chance.
And so would you.

Or anyone.

Would you follow someone around in your vehicle and attempt to chase them down?

Or Ceratisa?

Or everyone?

Just an 02er.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 23:09:08

If I had a gun and some dude was beating the shit out of me alone in the middle of the night, I'd shoot him if given the chance.
And so would you.

Or anyone.

Guys I was pointing out how ABSURD she sounded.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-17 23:41:13

At 7/17/13 10:59 PM, Profanity wrote:
At 7/17/13 10:47 PM, poxpower wrote: If I had a gun and some dude was beating the shit out of me alone in the middle of the night, I'd shoot him if given the chance.
And so would you.

Or anyone.
Would you follow someone around in your vehicle and attempt to chase them down?

Yeah if I was neighborhood watch captain of a gated community and I saw a thug-looking dude I didn't know walk around at night after a string of robberies in the community, I would have to unless I sucked at my job. He called the cops and was planning to resolve this once they arrive. At no point did he do anything illegal before Trayvon committed A CRIME by attacking him.
Say whatever bullshit words you want like "stalk", "attack", "confront" or "chase down" the truth is that Zimmerman was well within the limits of the law at all times and never threatened Trayvon in any way.

If I had been Trayvon and some weird douche was following me in a car, the LAST thing i'd do is punch him in the face and try to start a fight like an idiot. I'd keep going to my destination or call the cops directly on my cellphone.

Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly

BBS Signature

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-18 00:09:59

At 7/17/13 11:41 PM, poxpower wrote: Yeah if I was neighborhood watch captain of a gated community and I saw a thug-looking dude

(black)

BBS Signature

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-18 01:00:09

At least the jury's verdict was never in question. Having a jury find someone of second degree murder or Manslaughter requires an even higher burden of proof than convicting someone

The Cops never attempted to charge him because they knew this already. They had most of the unfiltered evidence at their fingertips. The detectives who questioned him after the fact had lied to him about the altercation being captured on video camera.

Unfortunately, at this point, the most merciful thing to do would be to put Zimmerman out of his misery. He'll never be a free man, and in all likelihood more Hispanics and Whites will be met with violence unless the fourth estate does the second most responsible thing and bury this story for good. [The first most responsible thing would have been to admit they're either incompetent or liars]

Publically executing Zimmerman would safe him a lifetime of fear and would probably sate the bloodlust of the anti-racist crowd.

On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-18 01:18:29

At 7/18/13 12:09 AM, Feoric wrote:
At 7/17/13 11:41 PM, poxpower wrote: Yeah if I was neighborhood watch captain of a gated community and I saw a thug-looking dude
(black)

Yeah I'd say a black dude in a hoodie with gold teeth looks like a thug, wouldn't you?
In fact, isn't that the whole point of them dressing like that? To look like badass gangstahs?

Not to mention that Zimmerman did not have full confirmation of his race before he started following him.

Furthermore, I bet that if you had actual money to put down on who and who isn't a criminal based solely on randomly selected pictures of citizens, you'd magically pick black people way more than predicted by simple representative % in the population.
It's only when you're online and you have nothing at stake that you make yourself feel good by calling other people racist without admitting that you'd do the same thing yourself.

At 7/18/13 01:00 AM, SmilezRoyale wrote:
Publically executing Zimmerman would safe him a lifetime of fear and would probably sate the bloodlust of the anti-racist crowd.

The point of justice isn't to kill as few people as possible. You can't get the law to do whatever you want because you assemble some mob and threaten to do violence unless the cops do your bidding.

BBS Signature

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-18 20:32:44

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-18 20:59:37

Tony have you linked anything on Holder putting a hold on Zimmerman's gun as "evidence" yet?

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-18 21:04:39

At 7/18/13 08:59 PM, Ceratisa wrote: Tony have you linked anything on Holder putting a hold on Zimmerman's gun as "evidence" yet?

no as far as I know Zimmerman still has the firearm.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-18 22:01:36

At 7/18/13 09:04 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/18/13 08:59 PM, Ceratisa wrote: Tony have you linked anything on Holder putting a hold on Zimmerman's gun as "evidence" yet?
no as far as I know Zimmerman still has the firearm.

http://patdollard.com/2013/07/eric-holder-puts-hold-zimmerma ns-gun-calls-it-evidence/

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-18 22:26:59

At 7/18/13 01:18 AM, poxpower wrote: Yeah I'd say a black dude in a hoodie with gold teeth looks like a thug, wouldn't you?
In fact, isn't that the whole point of them dressing like that? To look like badass gangstahs?

EXACTLY

You aren't part of that culture. You immediately presume the Pedestrian is a racist because he's a part of that culture. That is racist. And I'm sure you don't care anymore.

I know black guys with iced grills who play Jazz Swing and Big Band, fix cars at cost for their friends, volunteer with Church groups.

Just an 02er.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-18 22:28:52

At 7/18/13 10:26 PM, Profanity wrote:
At 7/18/13 01:18 AM, poxpower wrote: Yeah I'd say a black dude in a hoodie with gold teeth looks like a thug, wouldn't you?
EXACTLY

You aren't part of that culture. You immediately presume the Pedestrian is a racist because he's a part of that culture. That is racist. And I'm sure you don't care anymore.

I know black guys with iced grills who play Jazz Swing and Big Band, fix cars at cost for their friends, volunteer with Church groups.

That isn't racism, that is called perception. If you don't want considered a thug, don't portray yourself like one.

Response to Trayvon Martin case gets Ugly 2013-07-18 23:13:25

At 7/18/13 10:01 PM, Ceratisa wrote: link

Thanks for the link I'll add that to my next source dump.