00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

akmoreth just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can't blur? Dafuq is this?

732 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Can't blur? Dafuq is this? 2012-02-27 15:29:13

Hey, guys. I'm having a bit of a problem. I can't blur the things I draw a few days ago. I don't know what could lead to this, which changes I might have done and so on. But if someone know things I could try then I'd be really happy. Is there any chance that this might be a bug?

Check the video I uploaded: http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/543/ccg.mp4/

Thank you,

Victor. :)

Response to Can't blur? Dafuq is this? 2012-02-27 15:51:35

Do you mean erase instead of blur?

I can't tell really because I can only see your stage, but to me it looks like the layer you're trying to erase is locked. This could be a bug, try locking and unlocking it? You can also try to copy everything to a new file.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't blur? Dafuq is this? 2012-02-27 16:22:04

At 26 minutes ago, aap wrote: Do you mean erase instead of blur?

I can't tell really because I can only see your stage, but to me it looks like the layer you're trying to erase is locked. This could be a bug, try locking and unlocking it? You can also try to copy everything to a new file.

Thanks, yes, I do mean erase. Thought it was the same thing til now ;) However, I've tried the layer in different files, different frames and layes. Nothing seem to work, I've also locked and unlocked the layer.

You think this is a bug, because I can't find anything on the Internet, and the layer doesn't work in different files either.

Response to Can't blur? Dafuq is this? 2012-02-27 16:47:01

Maybe you messed up your settings somehow. You can give this a try.

You can also try to export an .SWF and then import it to your stage.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't blur? Dafuq is this? 2012-02-27 17:21:26

You can't erase graphics/movieclips from the main timeline. You have to enter their respective edit window by double-clicking on them first, then erase. (And unlock the layer of course.)

BBS Signature

Response to Can't blur? Dafuq is this? 2012-02-27 20:05:57

At 2 hours ago, kmau wrote: You can't erase graphics/movieclips from the main timeline. You have to enter their respective edit window by double-clicking on them first, then erase. (And unlock the layer of course.)

either that or its grouped, maybe sinc it affects everything if you send a .fla with only that single frame we can figure it out

ama gon chill

Response to Can't blur? Dafuq is this? 2012-02-28 15:15:11

Seems like this might is a problem with the actual eraser, does that make sense? However, I'm able to move the frame, minimize it, and so on. I can draw on the frame and do whatever the fuck i want really, just can't erase.

Response to Can't blur? Dafuq is this? 2012-02-28 16:17:18

At 1 hour ago, zebrra3 wrote: Seems like this might is a problem with the actual eraser, does that make sense? However, I'm able to move the frame, minimize it, and so on. I can draw on the frame and do whatever the fuck i want really, just can't erase.

try clicking on the lineart and pressing: ctrl+B

ama gon chill

Response to Can't blur? Dafuq is this? 2012-03-02 12:46:11

At 3 days ago, zebrra3 wrote: Hey, guys. I'm having a bit of a problem. I can't blur the things I draw a few days ago. I don't know what could lead to this, which changes I might have done and so on. But if someone know things I could try then I'd be really happy. Is there any chance that this might be a bug?

Check the video I uploaded: http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/543/ccg.mp4/

Thank you,

Victor. :)

It REALLY looks like from the video that you have a grouped image, or a MC/Graphic clip that you're trying to erase, like the others said. Right click, and select "break apart" if it is grouped, or double click when you have the selection tool on <v> key default on flash 8