00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Groggywench just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

One Armed Man Sues Starbucks

2,855 Views | 40 Replies

One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 01:42:34

Link

A 25-year-old man in San Diego is suing a Starbucks because he believed they did not hire him because he has only arm, and that his application being denied due to the fact of discrimination. However, when he was living in Wisconsin, he worked at a bar and could easily handle plates and other items with one arm.

What do you think? Do you think this was total discrimination?

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 01:57:02

Fucking baby. Oh they wouldn't hire me, it must be because they hate cripples wah wah wah! Cry me a river, bitch. He'll go nowhere in life using that one arm thing as an excuse. He probably responds to all criticism he takes with "Fuck you, your discriminating me because I have one arm".

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 02:31:04

And as retarded as the American Judicial system is these days, he'll probably win the case.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 03:11:20

I haven't trusted one armed men since I watched The Fugitive.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 03:13:54

Omg did he died?

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 03:21:00

Should have gave him a chance. Isn't America an equal opportunity country?

hi

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 03:25:56

If they said "We're not hiring you because you have one arm" then he has grounds to sue under the discrimination and fair-trade acts. If they just said he wasn't hired and assumed it was because he has one arm, that's kind of stale.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 03:27:39

fuck him.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 05:57:17

Yeah.the economy has nothing to do with it. It's your freakism.

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 07:06:22

At 4 hours ago, dlxrevolution wrote: And as retarded as the American Judicial system is these days, he'll probably win the case.

Sadly, you're right.

"EXTERMINATE!" -Daleks, Doctor who

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 07:23:22

Well, there's the American legal system for you.

pic related

One Armed Man Sues Starbucks

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me

"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 07:24:10

At 3 hours ago, Markface wrote: If they said "We're not hiring you because you have one arm" then he has grounds to sue under the discrimination and fair-trade acts. If they just said he wasn't hired and assumed it was because he has one arm, that's kind of stale.

This. Maybe they genuinely found someone they felt was better for the job. I can understand he may think he's being discriminated, but maybe if he went and asked why he didn't get the job they'd tell him the truth, rather than him accusing them based on his assumptions.

It would be unfair if they didn't hire him because of the loss of one arm though, especially if he'd worked in such places before.

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 07:33:26

At 5 minutes ago, Rachel wrote: It would be unfair if they didn't hire him because of the loss of one arm though, especially if he'd worked in such places before.

Maybe it would be, but do you think that if they didn't hire him because he has only one arm, he should have the right to sue the company?

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 07:35:16

At A few seconds ago, FairSquare wrote:
At 5 minutes ago, Rachel wrote: It would be unfair if they didn't hire him because of the loss of one arm though, especially if he'd worked in such places before.
Maybe it would be, but do you think that if they didn't hire him because he has only one arm, he should have the right to sue the company?

I don't know to be honest, I think so as it would go against many of the acts. Plus people sue over anything these days, I think it's ruined how people perceive it and what should and shouldn't be sued.

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 07:40:29

At A few seconds ago, Rachel wrote:
At A few seconds ago, FairSquare wrote:
I don't know to be honest, I think so as it would go against many of the acts. Plus people sue over anything these days, I think it's ruined how people perceive it and what should and shouldn't be sued.

That's true. Well, in America anyways.
But i don't know, i think it's kinda logical that they would hire a man with two arms instead of one, since a man with two arms can just do much more work.
Then again, thinking from Starbuck's point of view, it would be good publicity.

If i were that one armed man though and they would say to me that i'm not hired because i have only one arm, i would understand. And i would consider to apply for different jobs and don't become a waiter of some kind.

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 07:44:00

If I had one arm I would completely understand if people assumed I wouldn't be able to serve people as well as a two-armed person.
Maybe he should try to get a job where your number of arms doesn't matter.

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 08:00:48

I think he's just trying to get the $$$ any way he can.

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 08:25:08

Why would you bring a gun to work anyway?

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 09:49:52

he better win those fucking discriminating assholes

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 10:56:37

He's probably going to win this case, unfortunately. He's going to get nowhere in life using the one arm as an excuse, people just won't accept it. Besides, you can only hold one latte with one arm...

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 11:35:17

Hey guys, I have a certain disability. Oh, are you saying you don't like me? That is outrageous, you only dislike me because of my disability!

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 12:55:24

I didn't get hired the last time I sent out a job application.

THEY ARE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST MY SEXUALITY AND GENDER AND ALSO MY RACE!

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 13:06:09

In this economy, it's hard for everyone and anyone to get a job, why does he feel so special?

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 13:10:50

At 2 minutes ago, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: In this economy, it's hard for everyone and anyone to get a job, why does he feel so special?

Because he has one arm he must there for be popular and loved otherwise people are discriminating against him.

Or, he might just want to try being an ok guy and not attention whoring maybe.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 13:19:57

Just because they didn't hire him doesn't mean it was because of him only having one arm. It could of been that they hired someone else they felt more qualified for the job, and not because the person had two arms but because of their background.

All the guy knows is that he applied for a job and was denied and he thinks that just because he only has one arm that he deserves a free ride. Well no.

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 13:32:36

Unless they actually told him it was because of his arm (or lack of), he is just being a baby.

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 19:14:03

Guys, just watch the god damn video. As he tells it, they basically told him he needed two arms to work there and turned him down without an interview. Considering his extensive past experience and references in the hospitality industry, it actually is unfair discrimination, if he has in fact told the story correctly without omission.

The insane thing is that his lawyer thinks that a seven-figure settlement would be "reasonable." This is really what reflects the insanity of the US legal system, because huge sums of punitive damages are frequently awarded directly to plaintiffs. Punitive damages are meant to punish a large company that wouldn't feel a small settlement, but the money is a crazy undeserved cash bonus to the plaintiff, which makes bigger companies a much juicier target for lawsuits.

Dead.

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 20:25:15

I got angry about it. I've never been told I couldn't do anything.

He's angry that he can't do everything he wants to do. Life doesn't work like that. You can't always do what you want, whether or not you have one arm. There are always limitations.

Pierre's attorney told Ten New that this was considered a wrongful failure to hire and Starbucks should pay.

We all know where this is going.

I think a seven-figure range would be reasonable.

Completely unreasonable. It almost sounds like a joke. There shouldn't be any money awarded. No real harm was done to this man and that much money will unjustly make him very wealthy. In the end, the money was not earned and can't go towards anything to repair the situation because the only thing that was wrong to begin with was that he couldn't handle the truth and had to hide behind an attorney. Someone higher up in the ranks even offered him a second interview with another Starbucks.

She needs to be fired or she should go through severe sensitivity training.

Now he's attempting to level the playing field. If he can't get a job then why should she keep hers? Obviously she's a bad person because she didn't hire him. She's also obviously insensitive and should undergo sensitivity training to aid in the development of sensitivity.

I doubt that they told him he wouldn't be hired because he only had one arm. That's something that any good employer wouldn't say. But, even if that was the case, he doesn't necessarily need to persecute them for their decision. Employers choose who they hire and know who they're looking for. If they don't want to hire them then he can easily work elsewhere if he is as experienced as he says.

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 20:40:15

I hope he takes them for....pfft......AN ARM and a leg! AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Response to One Armed Man Sues Starbucks 2012-02-22 20:44:13

he's just bein a bitch just cause your disabled doesnt mean you should get a job over somebody else

I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature