00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GooGutz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

260,744 Views | 3,445 Replies

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 13:38:45

At 5/1/12 01:09 PM, Gasmasq wrote:
At 5/1/12 09:58 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: I should have you arrested. AKs are illegal, sir. You better hope I don't send Doctor Cerebro a PRIVATE message about it, or you'd be arrested tomorrow.
You don't know much about the Assault Weapons Ban (not renewed), Class III Weapons Permits (available in a Red state near you!) or you second amendment rights do you? I bet you support gun reform so they can take more of our rights away without a hassle.

Keep in mind, this is an election year, Senator.

http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=10324284

Well the reason you Americans have guns is so you can rise up and reset your government when they get out of order. PS: Your government is out of fucking order.

Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 14:11:48

At 5/1/12 01:38 PM, Carefoot wrote:
Well the reason you Americans have guns is so you can rise up and reset your government when they get out of order. PS: Your government is out of fucking order.

HOLY SHIT Carefoot, you just said something that actually makes sense! And I agree, shit is fucked up over here. It's not just politics though, it's the nutcases still stuck in the 1800s.

I could go on forever about what the hell is wrong with my country, but it all boils down to ignorance, racism, and lack of political knowledge. Add in the fact that people are brainwashed into believing capitalism is a perfect science- and we have a country full of enslaved, corporate-owned idiots who are terrified of change.

I'm not going to even touch the religion issue out of respect to those of you who believe, but over here, religion is one of the main dividing factors among the people. Just keep that shit out of politics is all I'm saying.

As for the right to keep and bear arms- I'm fucking all for that.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 14:16:47

At 5/1/12 02:11 PM, Teqneek wrote: I'm not going to even touch the religion issue out of respect to those of you who believe, but over here, religion is one of the main dividing factors among the people. Just keep that shit out of politics is all I'm saying.

Don't tell me you're one of those people who are all "Take in god we trust off of the dollar wah wah wah" lmao I don't even believe in God. However, tradition is tradition.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 14:24:24

At 5/1/12 02:16 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
Don't tell me you're one of those people who are all "Take in god we trust off of the dollar wah wah wah" lmao I don't even believe in God. However, tradition is tradition.

No, I'm not. I'm one of those people who say SHUT THE FUCK UP to those who say "It says in god we trust on the dollar, so if you don't like god you should geeeeet out of 'merica".

I'm one of those guys who says shut the fuck up to people who tell me that our country was founded to be a christian nation, when it fucking WAS NOT. Human ethics and morality is not an exclusively christian trait.

I don't give a damn what is printed on the worthless toilet paper we call the dollar. Let's just start with keeping religion out of real political issues and we'll go from there.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 14:40:19

At 5/1/12 02:24 PM, Teqneek wrote: I don't give a damn what is printed on the worthless toilet paper we call the dollar.

Broke.

Let's just start with keeping religion out of real political issues and we'll go from there.

I could go into a big paragraph explaining exactly why religion is needed to even live on this planet, or I could just call Senator John Dean gay and leave.

Senator John Dean is gay.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 14:40:45

At 5/1/12 04:19 AM, PiGPEN wrote:
At 5/1/12 03:00 AM, AxTekk wrote: I'll tell you exactly WHAT fonts I use if you tell the class how you managed to make international news with a game that has graphics worse than most school computing projects, BTW.
Tell kotaku you made a controversial game, wait 3 days, interviews.

I use Windings for my wobbles, Times New Roman for my sub basses, and generally Lucida Sans for my leads. Sometimes I mix it up and use Arial :)

At 5/1/12 04:45 AM, PiGPEN wrote: But seriously this beat is awful. Sounds like a bunch of random royalty-free loops shat together into a fecal soup.

Goddammit, NO, I stirred and cooked the soup.

Why else do you think I describe my beats as hot shit?

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 14:41:46

At 5/1/12 02:35 PM, Scuare wrote: "In God We Trust" was adopted as the official motto of the United States in 1956 as an alternative or replacement to the unofficial motto of E pluribus unum, adopted when the Great Seal of the United States was created and adopted in 1782

WIKIPEDIA

Its not as old of a tradition as people think.

You are one sexy man.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 14:55:30

At 5/1/12 02:40 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
I could go into a big paragraph explaining exactly why religion is needed to even live on this planet, or I could just call Senator John Dean gay and leave.

Religion is NOT needed for any fucking thing on this planet. We don't need religion to sustain ourselves, construct homes, and we definitely don't need it to create governments.

I want you to write your "big paragraph" and elaborate on what the hell you are talking about. Religion has done nothing but create bloodshed, ignorance, and hate throughout recorded history. It is responsible for countless problems, and was created by humans long ago as a way to explain things that are now explained by science.

I told you I didn't want to get into this, but you are dead fucking wrong if you think religion is "needed to even live" on this planet.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:00:45

At 5/1/12 02:40 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: Senator John Dean is gay.

Only for you, big boy.

As for the rest of you retards, you wanna have a political discussion, I'd wipe the floor with you there, too. Goddamn Ted Nugent hick Gasmasq leading the partisan charge with his concubine Cerebro Cantor against the forces of good led by the Senator.

Just lettin yall on the other side know that when your leader tries to get political or philosophical, he ends up rhyming "far" and "star" like Biz Markie.

Just to clarify my stance on guns, I'm all for smart people having them. Which means that you, you goddamn hick, should be denied access to slingshots and rocks with a volume larger than 2 cubic centimeters.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:10:08

At 5/1/12 02:55 PM, Teqneek wrote: Religion has done nothing but create bloodshed, ignorance, and hate throughout recorded history. It is responsible for countless problems, and was created by humans long ago as a way to explain things that are now explained by science.

That's pretty black and white. The catholic popey church funded some of the biggest breakthroughs in science. As did the Islamic faith. And you forget the Taoists inventing all sorts of breakthrough shit with there own wacky religious beliefs. And pretty much every scientific discovery/breakthrough was done by persons of religious faith....even today.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:18:37

At 5/1/12 02:55 PM, Teqneek wrote: I want you to write your "big paragraph" and elaborate on what the hell you are talking about.

I'm tired, so I'll briefly explain why you are an idiot here.

Religion is NOT needed for any fucking thing on this planet. We don't need religion to sustain ourselves, construct homes, and we definitely don't need it to create governments.

Ah, but yes we do. You assume every other weak person on this planet would still be willing to get up, go to work, or anything really. Your fucking carpenter wouldn't even build himself a house, let alone YOU house when he thinks there's no greater reason for living. Half of our nation is already living off the government, without Religion, every single nation would be full-on communist and it'd be a lazy slobbish, just overall nasty place to be. Who's gonna get up to take your god damn trash out when he can just kill and rob a mother fucker for money? Why the fuck should he have to worry? There ain't no hell, fuck a punishment and fuck a detective or cop or what the fuck ever who the fuck cares, there is no greater punishment.

Religion has done nothing but create bloodshed, ignorance, and hate throughout recorded history.

Are you a fucking moron? Do you honestly think that half of this world would obey any sort of laws without fear of punishment by a higher power? Do you really and truly think that if there weren't any religion, there would be any less bloodshed? Without religion, we would have people in the streets just killing for the sake of killing, and what fear would we have of Jail when we can just kill cops? People will just say "we have one life, fuck it" band together and destroy any chance of living in a civilized community. Its like you assume everybody on earth has a somewhat moderate to high IQ and can control themselves just because its the right thing. Fuck you, most of these people are fucking weak-minded morons even dumber than you! Without religion, half of the world would be in complete and utter chaos.

It is responsible for countless problems, and was created by humans long ago as a way to explain things that are now explained by science.

Ah, but anything you can say about Science, I can say God can't I? Until you yourself can write out your equations and explanations on this forum as to how Science disproves God without searching it on Google, you should just shut up with that Science argument. I mean, how can you even trust the equations you will be finding on Google? How can you trust anything that is just told to you from scientists that are working for the government you seem to hate? Moron. Think about it for once in your life, you act like people who believe in God just do what they're told, but look at you! You are given some bullshit equation that you yourself can't be for sure even makes sense in itself, and you immediately believe it! Have you ever even read a Bible? Have you ever opened up a fucking Science book? Are you that fucking stupid? PiG's redneck disses seem to be making more and more sense to me.

I told you I didn't want to get into this, but you are dead fucking wrong if you think religion is "needed to even live" on this planet.

If you didn't want to get into it, you wouldn't have, look at how weak you have just made yourself out to be. If you can't even overcome yourself, how in the world could you overcome the religion that you speak so strongly against? How can anybody take you seriously when you CONSTANTLY do the complete opposite of what you originally say! You were on here for two pages saying "I'm done arguing with you PiG" after every paragraph you would post about how much of a troll he is. If you're done then be done you fucking weak fool. Jesus christ.

)'8

Sorry for being mean.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:23:50

At 5/1/12 03:10 PM, PiGPEN wrote:
At 5/1/12 02:55 PM, Teqneek wrote: Religion has done nothing but create bloodshed, ignorance, and hate throughout recorded history. It is responsible for countless problems, and was created by humans long ago as a way to explain things that are now explained by science.
That's pretty black and white. The catholic popey church funded some of the biggest breakthroughs in science. As did the Islamic faith. And you forget the Taoists inventing all sorts of breakthrough shit with there own wacky religious beliefs. And pretty much every scientific discovery/breakthrough was done by persons of religious faith....even today.

Pretty sure most things are invented out of curiosity and ingenuity, not because they believed in a magic being in the sky who kills us when we anger him. Religion was law back then, and those inventors would have been killed if they didn't believe.

I'm not saying they truly didn't believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but religion itself has pretty much nothing to do with innovation. If anything, it holds us back from it.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:23:51

At 5/1/12 03:00 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 5/1/12 02:40 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: Senator John Dean is gay.
Only for you, big boy.

As for the rest of you retards, you wanna have a political discussion, I'd wipe the floor with you there, too. Goddamn Ted Nugent hick Gasmasq leading the partisan charge with his concubine Cerebro Cantor against the forces of good led by the Senator.

Just lettin yall on the other side know that when your leader tries to get political or philosophical, he ends up rhyming "far" and "star" like Biz Markie.

Just to clarify my stance on guns, I'm all for smart people having them. Which means that you, you goddamn hick, should be denied access to slingshots and rocks with a volume larger than 2 cubic centimeters.

So you call names and change subjects to avoid the matter at hand? I'm talking to you alone, not with Gasmasq. You and him have yall own debate going on. And here is my fourth time calling you out on how you only posted a small section of my PM to you to make your point stronger and you still avoid this claim.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:25:08

P. S.

I'm right, you're wrong. Don't bother poting your "big paragraph" cause I really don't give two fucks about how wrong I am and how knowledgeable you are on this subject. I gotta go, I might read it later, probably not.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:26:39

(No seriously though I love you.)

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:29:14

Nothing will get this to 100 pages faster than some serious political arguments. Good stuff.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:36:11

At 5/1/12 03:23 PM, Teqneek wrote: I'm not saying they truly didn't believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but religion itself has pretty much nothing to do with innovation. If anything, it holds us back from it.

You're thinking of Ignorant American Conservatism that you're surrounded by because you're a hick.

"Methodical research in all branches of knowledge, provided it is carried out in a truly scientific manner and does not override moral laws, can never conflict with the faith, because the things of the world and the things the of the faith derive from the same God. The humble and persevering investigator of the secrets of nature is being led, as it were, by the hand of God in spite of himself, for it is God, the conserver of all things, who made them what they are".
-The fucking Catholic Church; Owners of a vast library, an observatory and the Pontifical Academy of Sciences of which Stephen Hawking is a member.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:36:28

At 5/1/12 03:18 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
At 5/1/12 02:55 PM, Teqneek wrote: I want you to write your "big paragraph" and elaborate on what the hell you are talking about.
I'm tired, so I'll briefly explain why you are an idiot here.

Ah, but yes we do.

Fucking NO, we don't.

Are you a fucking moron? Do you honestly think that half of this world would obey any sort of laws without fear of punishment by a higher power?

Yes. Natural Law exists without religion, and morality exists without religion. Being a kind person doesn't mean that you have to be a religious person. Also- It is entirely possible to be spiritual without being religious.

Ah, but anything you can say about Science, I can say God can't I? Until you yourself can write out your equations and explanations on this forum as to how Science disproves God without searching it on Google, you should just shut up with that Science argument.

I'm agnostic. I never once said that science disproves god. Science explains most of the things that religion was invented to explain.

If you didn't want to get into it, you wouldn't have, look at how weak you have just made yourself out to be. If you can't even overcome yourself, how in the world could you overcome the religion that you speak so strongly against?

I never spoke strongly AGAINST RELIGION. My statement was that is should not be involved in politics, because holy fucking shit man- do you really think it should be?

Then you got into it with me about how religion is needed for everything in the world to function- IT FUCKING IS NOT. End of story buddy. I'm fine with people being religious, I only want it to be separated from politics and that is all.

Sorry for being mean.

Don't worry- I have compassion. You know, compassion- a HUMAN trait. I never needed religion to make me a good person, because I am strong enough to think for myself and to question things with an open mind.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:41:29

And while religion is responsible for most of our wars throughout history, that doesn't mean I want to do away with it. Religion can be a great thing for those who need it. Just stop fucking killing people over it.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:47:15

At 5/1/12 03:23 PM, DocterCerebro wrote: something retarded with bad grammar

There's a difference between avoiding and ignoring. You have the message; if you think it reveals some scandalous thing about me, post it. Other than that, I think the discussion going on between Teq and Emergency is much more interesting.

Teq, Emergency might have a point that religion causes people to do things they normally wouldn't. Take the pig. Ms. Lambourn actually stopped trolling for a minute and said something halfway intelligent, something that he would never have done had the conversation not turned to religion. Half joking, but it's kind of relevant to the point. Extrapolate that outwards and you have motivation for much greater things, like Emergency was talking about.

That being said, I feel that there was never a divide between God and science. I believe God can be scientifically proven with the science of dimensionality. Things that cannot be proven in the 3rd dimension often find solutions in the 4th or 5th. The highest math that most people learn through college, calculus, maxes out at 3 dimensions. Most people don't learn that there are higher maths with more dimensions for solving problems of electrostasis, etc. These maths are commonly used in the space programs and are the subject of an immensely popular Youtube video that shows how some scientists were literally able to make a solid object float in the air by freezing it in 3 dimensions.

What this means for God is that He can be thought of as a being that cannot be solved with 3 dimensional thinking. As a matter of fact, a 4th dimensional bum could be a God in 3 dimensions, as he would be able to reach through our timespace, jump ahead, visit dinosaurs, appear and disappear at will, and see inside of solid, opaque objects. I believe the God of our universe is in the 10th dimension at least, mathematically. In that dimension, if you could see it, it would be nothing but white noise waveforms of all possibilities. It is in that dimension that we are all connected, like a big ball of clay. Not in the 3rd dimension, where we all fight and squabble over property, bitches, etc.

If you think I'm just talking a bunch of shit, do this experiment.

Draw two dots on a piece of paper. What have you learned is the shortest distance between these two dots? A straight line, right?

Wrong.

Fold the 2 dimensional paper into a 3 dimensional cylinder so that the dots touch. This is the shortest distance - not drawing a straight line, but traveling through another dimension. You can extrapolate this to explain wormholes in space and time travel.

Yes, I thought of that dot thing myself. Applause not necessary.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:53:36

At 5/1/12 03:36 PM, Teqneek wrote: More bullshit.

Its almost as if you missed what I was saying completely. If you truly and honestly think that, with the serious amount of weak people on this earth, we can survive without a greater calling being promised to them, then you just can't seem to see beyond the fact that all the weak people need some sort of connection to a higher power to even get up in the morning. I never once said people like you and me couldn't co-exist without religion, I said that 50% of this nation is made up of weak-minded people. I can promise you and I be 100% sure that without religion now, those people wouldn't give one single fuck about you, this world, or their own lives. The fact that you think this world doesn't need religion, is just preposterous.

As well as, no people shouldn't be killing each other over Religion, but believe me. People need religion, and I don't think I really need to argue about it anymore to be honest.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 15:58:39

At 5/1/12 03:47 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Nice stuff.

Lets get high and talk further.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 16:00:30

At 5/1/12 03:53 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
As well as, no people shouldn't be killing each other over Religion, but believe me. People need religion, and I don't think I really need to argue about it anymore to be honest.

SOME people need religion, I totally agree with you there. I also agree with you that religion can be used as a crutch for the weak. My main point is that it should be kept out of politics. Weak minded people should also be kept out of politics, so it kind of goes hand in hand.

Also, I just read your pm, and I agree that any other talk about religion should take place in pm exchanges.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 16:08:00

At 5/1/12 03:58 PM, Scuare wrote: something to deflate my balloon

Well, in a truly relativistic society, as soon as you believe something isn't true, it isn't for you. However, because reality is relative, if I believe it, then it does exist for me. These two perspectives can then coexist because of the overlap of the superposition of the perspectives.

There are theories that quantum particles show up because we look for them, so if you think I'm wrong, then I am wrong. But I think I'm right. So I am right. Only your third dimensional thinking has told you that either one or the other must be true.

However, above six dimensions, your truth vs my truth becomes a non-question. They could exist right beside each other and both be true. And false. So ha.

You also assume that the most famous iteration of a point is the correct one and every other perspective eschwing the same point must be a copy. That dot thing is still mine, because I never read A Wrinkle in Time. So ha again.

Emergency, I don't smoke...I think of this stuff better sober, actually.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 16:08:51

At 5/1/12 04:00 PM, Teqneek wrote: SOME people need religion, I totally agree with you there. I also agree with you that religion can be used as a crutch for the weak. My main point is that it should be kept out of politics. Weak minded people should also be kept out of politics, so it kind of goes hand in hand.

Also, I just read your pm, and I agree that any other talk about religion should take place in pm exchanges.

I agree, but I'll leave with this. Look at what you're saying. Weak minded people should be kept out of politics? At which point do we stop then? Where is the line drawn to decide who is of weak mind and who isn't? Who makes those decisions, an IQ test? I'm more for freedom than I am anything, and I'm completely for fairness. I would rather have the weak-minded people ruin our nation than have their beliefs and opinions completely stomped on and told that they don't matter. I'm not just saying lets take the mentally handicapped and give them our nation, I'm saying that most weak-minded people are just average working Joes and deserve a say. Even if it is a dumb one.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 16:10:21

At 5/1/12 04:02 PM, Scuare wrote: Here I'll bring it back to the competition.

WEAK MINDED PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE IN OUR COMPETITION!!!!

Ok, they are gone.

Re-tallying up the votes on our battle with just the strong-minded people.. and..

We tied. 0-0

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 16:17:09

At 5/1/12 04:08 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
At 5/1/12 04:00 PM, Teqneek wrote: hot shit

Now Teq has a point. The folks who don't realize that the religious and political elite are performing a wrestling match should be slienced. I hate stupid hicks, true n******, dumb fucks, meatheads, who get all worked up over something they saw on Hannity or heard on Limbaugh...I hate them.

However, if all those folks got silenced, all of the elite would be out of a job. The 80% of stupid people exist solely for the betterment of the 20%. So the 20% will never let that 80% be silenced completely.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 16:17:46

At 5/1/12 04:08 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote:
At 5/1/12 04:00 PM, Teqneek wrote: SOME people need religion, I totally agree with you there. I also agree with you that religion can be used as a crutch for the weak. My main point is that it should be kept out of politics. Weak minded people should also be kept out of politics, so it kind of goes hand in hand.

I agree, but I'll leave with this. Look at what you're saying. Weak minded people should be kept out of politics? At which point do we stop then? Where is the line drawn to decide who is of weak mind and who isn't?

Okay then here's my last word: The line should be drawn when people want religion to dictate what our laws should be. Sure, there will still be dumbasses voicing their dumb ass opinion, but just leave religion out of politics and it'll be a little less dumb. IMO

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 16:23:50

Double post, not sorry. But yeah SJD I fucking love particle and astrophysics, and you seem to know your shit. Let's rap about Boltzmann Brains and String Theory. And make that shit gangster as FUCK.

I'll be all like:

"Imma stick my dick in a wormhole

Something something SCIENCE!"

But yeah, I'm always down for an open-minded discussion about our place in the universe. Good shit.

Response to Clabtrap 2012 Discussion Thread 2012-05-01 16:28:43

At 5/1/12 04:18 PM, Scuare wrote:
At 5/1/12 04:08 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 5/1/12 03:58 PM, Scuare wrote: something else to deflate my balloon

You are suffering from a very third dimensional problem. Ego.

Just because YOU can't understand something doesn't mean I don't. But let this blow your mind.

Again, as reality is completely relative, not absolute (Einstein proved this in the 60s by the way...I don't think you even understand him so u gotta catch up), if you think that one of us is wrong and one is not, then that's completely correct for your reality. But your reality, Mr. Ego, is not the only reality out there.

That means that what I believe is just as valid as what you think. However, my thinking allows for a much richer set of experiences. I might get whisked away in a spaceship like Wil Wheaton on Star Trek because of my advanced thought processes. You, however, because your thought processes will limit your life experience, will be sleepin off hangovers in the drunk tank callin up yo mama for bail money. So I'll take my perspective over you anyday.

BBS Signature