00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

eZee just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

In need of an animator.

887 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

In need of an animator. 2012-02-10 20:56:55

Okay, here is the project, the problem, and the two solutions I have.

The project is simple: Imagine any zombie movie, where the apocalypse has fallen upon the world, and only a few humans are left to fend off the undead. Now take this group of survivors and turn them into stereotypical people. Survivor Story is a Comedy of errors full of humor and âEU~actionâEUTM.

The problem: I am in desperate need of an animator.

The two solutions:
1: Search frantically for an animator who will take on the project.
2: Search just as frantically for an artist to do the basic scenes and then shift them so it looks like an animation using my basic movie making skills.

So any animators out there with free time on their hands (Or artists) I would greatly appreciate the help.
Please send me a message on here, or by my email (62warewolves@hotmail.com) and I will send you a short script and the list of characters to give you an idea of what the project is about. If you do not have any animations on newgrounds, could you please link one in the message?

Now why my need is desperate? Well it's not THAT desperate, but I do need an animator and I need it ASAP. So while the need is not frantic, I do need one.

<Blank>

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-11 09:15:57

Well, to be honest I think you either need to offer a good amount of money or have a really, really well written script.

Can you post your script here? I doubt anyone is going to steal it, even if it's good.

BBS Signature

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-11 16:44:37

Do we really need another one of those zombie movies?
I dunno but it doesn't really sound interesting.

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-11 19:04:10

At 9 hours ago, aap wrote: Well, to be honest I think you either need to offer a good amount of money or have a really, really well written script.

Can you post your script here? I doubt anyone is going to steal it, even if it's good.
At 2 hours ago, V-K wrote: Do we really need another one of those zombie movies?
I dunno but it doesn't really sound interesting.

In truth, only the first episode is about zombies.
I can post it, but bear in mind it's about 8 pages.

<Blank>

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-12 10:10:29

At 15 hours ago, warewolves wrote: I can post it, but bear in mind it's about 8 pages.

You could upload it here and link to it.

BBS Signature

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-12 15:52:42

At 5 hours ago, aap wrote:
At 15 hours ago, warewolves wrote: I can post it, but bear in mind it's about 8 pages.
You could upload it here and link to it.

Alright, but please bear in mind I prepared this script for the JIC I couldn't find an animator.
The parts you(And in whomever is interested) would be animating are the parts starting with NA:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e3dc194e07648be52d2b56ca 51114fa6

<Blank>

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-13 05:54:43

Will there be any payment for the job

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-13 15:39:46

At 9 hours ago, nattbs wrote: Will there be any payment for the job

No, this is only for fun, not profit.

<Blank>

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-15 09:10:48

Sorry, but I can't afford to work on such a big project 'just for fun' right now. As for the script, I don't think it's my kind of animation anyway.

But good luck with your project!

BBS Signature

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-15 11:08:03

If you need any voice actors i can help, but i cant animate sorry.

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-15 14:56:49

At 5 hours ago, aap wrote: Sorry, but I can't afford to work on such a big project 'just for fun' right now. As for the script, I don't think it's my kind of animation anyway.

But good luck with your project!

I apreciate the comment, thanks anyway.
This is my first kind of project like this, so I'm just following what I think is how it is meant to be done, I don't have any real guides for this sort of thing.

At 3 hours ago, mctoonland wrote: If you need any voice actors i can help, but i cant animate sorry.

Think you could send me some sample lines?
Name: Yung Fan Shou
Bio: An Asian with the typical black hair and typical clothes, except for his red Star wars T-shirt. He always has his head in a book and is always doing homework and is very smart. Wears glasses.
Voice Type: Medium/high pitch, nerdy.
Audition Lines:
1: âEU~If the Hypotenuse of the Serum is equal to pie then this experiment will turn into a success.âEUTM
2: âEU~IâEUTMm sorry, I know Zombies are killing you all in there, but I have to jot down these notes. For the science!âEUTM
3: âEU~What have we done!?âEUTM

This is the part I need filled, however my colaborator plans to ask on another site, so I do not know how many auditions there will be. There was only one audition for this role the first time, so if you do chose it, your chances are prety high.

<Blank>

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-15 18:03:15

While I am too busy for this, I will give you some advice; To be honest, most people are definitely going to want SOME sort of payment for this type of work. So I suggest you run NG flash ads in your work and offer a cut of the revenue to the animator(s). Good luck!

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-16 04:17:59

At 10 hours ago, CartoonWarStudios wrote: While I am too busy for this, I will give you some advice; To be honest, most people are definitely going to want SOME sort of payment for this type of work. So I suggest you run NG flash ads in your work and offer a cut of the revenue to the animator(s). Good luck!

Sounds like a good idea, I guess I will offer a cut of the revenue then. I'm still unsure of how this will work, but if they want payment, then I can do that easily.

<Blank>

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-16 10:06:25

lol awesome so what percent of 2 dollars from the ads will the animator get?

Current Projects

Bloodline Champions Comedy Series! (episode one in progress)

Project Godai Dynasty (Game)

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-16 16:15:29

At 3 hours ago, Zachary wrote:
At 2 hours ago, cmkinusn wrote: lol awesome so what percent of 2 dollars from the ads will the animator get?
I was thinking the same thing. Sadly, it really isn't a good option to just give the animator the ad revenue. There may be an animator who needs an idea and will be willing to work for free, but don't get your hopes up.

Ah, so the amount isn't that much.
...*Musing*...
How much would an animator normally get per clip?

<Blank>

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-16 16:19:49

I know someone who's making a project that sounds exactly the same.

http://www.zombiemurderexplosiondie.com/

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's worth seeing if there's anything similar.

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-16 17:26:29

lol godamnit OP just offer 20 dollars and people will bite, just ask your parents or something

of course there is this guy who offered 50 for a 20 second black and white ROUGH lines fight animation last month and nobody fell for it, personally i think that was a good offer

dunno, fact is that animation is too hard and shit so people would rather not spend a month of work for 20 dollars when they could be doing...dunno, naked skateboarding

ama gon chill

Response to In need of an animator. 2012-02-17 00:23:20

At 7 hours ago, nathanielmilburn wrote: I know someone who's making a project that sounds exactly the same.

http://www.zombiemurderexplosiondie.com/

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's worth seeing if there's anything similar.

The basic plot is indeed similar, and probably better written. However my characters are different, if not as well developed.
But this was my first time doing this, so there is bound to be some 'childish' problems.

And besides that, the plot is completely different the second episode. It's called Survovor story, not zombie story after all.
(Though I will admit most of the content is bad puns then anything else.)

At 6 hours ago, Sacros wrote: lol godamnit OP just offer 20 dollars and people will bite, just ask your parents or something

of course there is this guy who offered 50 for a 20 second black and white ROUGH lines fight animation last month and nobody fell for it, personally i think that was a good offer

dunno, fact is that animation is too hard and shit so people would rather not spend a month of work for 20 dollars when they could be doing...dunno, naked skateboarding

I'm 18, I make my own money.

20 bucks...while I am willing to pay that I don't think my project is worth that much. The animators skill, of course, but my shoddy script? I don't know...

If anyone is willing to turn my script into something decent for 20, then I will pay them that.
But like you said above, they could be doing better things with their time, and this was a slim chance either way.

<Blank>