00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why don't you smoke/do drugs?

4,240 Views | 76 Replies

Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:19:32

I don't know why NG has this obsession over marijuana lately but I'm seeing lots of mixed shit.

My question to you is, how many of you smoke? if you don't smoke marijuana; why not? Have you ever done it before? Do you believe it's harmful? What do you think about people who smoke?

After you answer some questions about Marijuana, what about psychedelics?

I smoke usually at least once every day or two and I'm fully functional on or off of Marijuana, I've been smoking since 16 and I haven't changed as a person because of it. I don't lose motivation because of lack of marijuana or get depressed when I can't smoke so why do some people think it's the fucking devil?

I feel I have every right to experiment with my mind and subject it to any type of drug I want for either spiritual refinement or straight up tripping balls for fun. I enjoy bending my mind, seeing what it wants to show me, getting lost in stuff normal people would never even imagine in their wildest dreams.

I've done Mushrooms, LSD, Dimethyltryptamine as well. Nothing has opened my eyes and my mind farther than DMT. By far the most spiritual drug on the planet, my soul is cleansed and refreshed every time I smoke it and visit my millions of fractal friends.

Share stories / opinions nao.

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:21:12

Just because you enjoy it doesn't mean other people do. A lot of people suffer from serious anxiety because of marijuana.

Lost the love of heaven above, Chose the lust of the earth below

Eleven saintly shrouded men, Came to wash my sins away

Sig by Valjylmyr

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:22:38

Why DON'T I? That's a really stupid question. That shit costs money, you know. Why don't you collect dragon dildos?

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:23:18

At 1/25/12 02:21 PM, CoCo wrote: Just because you enjoy it doesn't mean other people do. A lot of people suffer from serious anxiety because of marijuana.

Define "a lot of people."

I'm not saying they HAVE to enjoy it, I'm asking why don't you? As in, what is the reasoning behind why you do not experiment with drugs and what do you believe these drugs do to a person?

Marijuana has been proven to help a lot with anxiety so I'm confused as to how it causes it in some people but I believe that is just human chemistry, not everyone reacts the same to the same thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:24:04

I just started smoking weed, I've only done it like 6 times so far, always with other people. I can't help but think getting high by yourself would be kind of worthless. I've heard all of the things marijuana supposedly does to you, but I don't plan to stop any time soon. Whateva, mang, fuck da police and da govmint.

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:27:42

Yeah, I used to smoke often, but not so much anymore. I still do it, but I have limited access right now.

harmful? not that much, especially if you don't do it too often.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:28:41

Because TV told me not to do it 17 years ago, and I'm not kidding either. Those anti drug commercials from the early 90s are the main reason I don't smoke.

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:31:12

I don't smoke becuase I'm broke and don't feel like wasting it on smokes...despite how shitty life is at the moment.

However, I do get buzzed every now and then if that counts...nah not really

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:31:28

I've had a couple of blunts, but I decided a while ago, I'd be happier learning to find peace inside myself for free. Besides, drugs are a liability.

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.

Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:33:49

People dont get anxiety from pot thats a load of shit. People get anxiety because if you're a stoner its like you're Bruce Wayne, you've got this secret alternate life, and if anyone dicovers it all your friends and loved ones will suffer. Leaving you with one option: Get a gay little boytoy and name him Robin, or bang the shit out of catwoman, the choice my friend, is yours.

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:33:58

I used to smoke.
I wish I still had a source for weed.
Just let all all the problems fade away/
Not really.
Doesn't work that way.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:34:02

At 1/25/12 02:23 PM, Yert wrote: because youre a fucking faggot

You're a super douche and I instantly don't like you.

At 1/25/12 02:24 PM, hitman1993 wrote: I can't help but think getting high by yourself would be kind of worthless.

I try not to smoke alone because it is very boring, especially if you don't have any plans and you just sit around being high and bored.

It's fun to get high alone and actually do something though, even cleaning is good. Makes it tolerable.

At 1/25/12 02:28 PM, Dragoonwing wrote: Because TV told me not to do it 17 years ago, and I'm not kidding either. Those anti drug commercials from the early 90s are the main reason I don't smoke.

Are you fo' serious? Didn't think those would ever work on anyone.

At 1/25/12 02:28 PM, RacistBassist wrote: I forgot to mention the part where I absolutely do not fucking care that it is harmful though. You could smoke your lungs into oblivion, it's not my place to stop you. I'll only say something if somebody touts bullshit claims or starts trying to get younguns to smoke.

Yous a cool and tolerable dude.

At 1/25/12 02:29 PM, BareNakedMike wrote: I have smoked only two or three times. And they were all given to me at parties. But normally even smoking cigarettes is just too expensive, and I don't like the whole stoner appeal people I know have. It's not attractive even when women are like this. It doesn't matter to me if it's harmful because people can do what they want.

I genuinely find all these responses intriguing, moreso than I thought I would when I made the thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:35:38

I don't smoke or do drugs because I have other things to blow my money on.

And have no interest in visits from the friendly neighborhood police force.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:36:11

Why?

Not interested in trying. I actually prefer hearing about experiences with drugs instead of actually experimenting with them myself, hallucinogenics especially.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:37:08

Lets go spend our valuable money on a drug that'll make us feel good for a little bit while putting us at risk of being arrested

No I don't smoke, I think it's incredibly stupid. I don't have a problem with other people doing it unless they think they're cool for it and sit around bragging about it. My brother has been smoking and drinking since he was in 8th grade, and their combined result was making him quit doing karate, be on probation for 6 months, spend 10 days in juvie, get his driver's permit suspended until he was 17, get his driver's permit taken away once he finally got it with his driver's license suspended until he was 18, and made him get into arguments with my parents every other day. People who go "There's nothing wrong with it, it doesn't hurt you," apparently don't realize that just because it doesn't cause medical damage doesn't mean it's not harmful.

/rant

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:40:28

i smoke and yes psychedelics are wonderful. and no, it is impossible to depend on them like an alcoholic- just doesnt work. research chemicals are my favorite.

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:42:26

At 1/25/12 02:34 PM, Xavon wrote:
At 1/25/12 02:28 PM, Dragoonwing wrote: Because TV told me not to do it 17 years ago, and I'm not kidding either. Those anti drug commercials from the early 90s are the main reason I don't smoke.
Are you fo' serious? Didn't think those would ever work on anyone.

Thanks to Kids WB and Catholic school, I skipped the drug talk, drink talk, and even the sex talk.

Though I did promise my freshman roommate I would smoke once under a special circumstance, but that never happened.

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:44:43

I don't smoke. I had my first and only puff on a cigarette when I was seven, courtesy of my mother's then-boyfriend. That one puff was enough to put me off for life. I was fortunate enough not to come any peer pressure to take up smoking when I was at school.

I've never had any encounters with any other sort of drugs, nor do I personally know anyone who does, though I was involved in a drug-related incident around eight or so years ago. Not that that's relevant.

So no, I've not ingested, snorted or smoked any variety of drug, nor have I any inclination to do so.

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:44:44

Lol i smoke on the daily herp derp

i did it for the lulz

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:49:24

Don't smoke, have before. Its generally fun but I don't have the personality for it. I have fun for awhile, and then start thinking I'm having too much fun, and then start thinking that everyone else is thinking, "What the hell is wrong with this guy" So I get really self conscious and worry about 1000 different things and fell trapped by being high and just want it to be over.

I also get really tired.

I wouldn't try psychedelics simply because I'm to afraid of how I'd react.

And I have no problem with people that smoke weed, to me its less taboo then getting water cup and filling it up with sprite.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:50:53

At 1/25/12 02:19 PM, Xavon wrote: if you don't smoke marijuana; why not?

I don't want to depend on a drug for happiness.

Have you ever done it before?

Nearly, but no.

Do you believe it's harmful?

Yes. I've seen it being harmful in the long run, and if you're prone to pyschopathy, schizophrenia, etc, it definitely has the potential to make that a whole lot worse.

What do you think about people who smoke?

I would have to consider the individual.

After you answer some questions about Marijuana, what about psychedelics?

What about them indeed? I don't think it's wise to consume something that alters your brain chemistry, if that's what you're after.

I smoke usually at least once every day or two and I'm fully functional on or off of Marijuana, I've been smoking since 16 and I haven't changed as a person because of it. I don't lose motivation because of lack of marijuana or get depressed when I can't smoke so why do some people think it's the fucking devil?

It all depends on the individual. Don't brand something as 100% harmless because of your circumstances. For some people it's fine, for some people it causes irreparable harm.

I feel I have every right to experiment with my mind and subject it to any type of drug I want for either spiritual refinement or straight up tripping balls for fun. I enjoy bending my mind, seeing what it wants to show me, getting lost in stuff normal people would never even imagine in their wildest dreams.
I've done Mushrooms, LSD, Dimethyltryptamine as well. Nothing has opened my eyes and my mind farther than DMT. By far the most spiritual drug on the planet, my soul is cleansed and refreshed every time I smoke it and visit my millions of fractal friends.

And people say weed isn't a gateway drug.
I don't believe in the existence of souls as there is no evidence for such things, nor "spiritual refinement", whatever that is. I think you're altering your brain chemistry, and it's not something I would consider a valuable use of my own time, nor worth the health risks for me.

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:53:13

At 1/25/12 02:35 PM, Ejit wrote: Several reasons. Being around those on drugs whilst you abstain is possibly the most irritating experience imaginable and my preferred response is to fuck off rather than join them just because then I'll be as bad as they are. Another contradictory reason is that I find alcohol sufficiently removing and understand it to be considerably less dangerous in moderation.

I completely agree with your situation, I've heard it before. Being the sober one around a bunch of fucked up people is most likely not a fun experience, but I've actually got a couple really good friends that have nothing but stoner friends and yet they do not smoke themselves.

I'm not sure how or why they tolerate, but they're really nice people.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this last part right though, alcohol is /less/ dangerous than marijuana in moderation? From what I understand, alcohol is far worse for your body/liver than marijuana is to your mind/lungs but you are able to moderate both of them to prevent this type of extensive damage.

At 1/25/12 02:36 PM, UncleABCD wrote: Why?

Not interested in trying. I actually prefer hearing about experiences with drugs instead of actually experimenting with them myself, hallucinogenics especially.

Yes, psychedelic experiences are super fun to read. Maybe I'll post a couple of mine later in the thread.

At 1/25/12 02:37 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: Lets go spend our valuable money on a drug that'll make us feel good for a little bit while putting us at risk of being arrested

I can already tell where this is going. You put an incredible negative spin on it.

No I don't smoke, I think it's incredibly stupid. I don't have a problem with other people doing it unless they think they're cool for it and sit around bragging about it.

Anyone bragging about smoking is a fool.

My brother has been smoking and drinking since he was in 8th grade, and their combined result was making him quit doing karate, be on probation for 6 months, spend 10 days in juvie, get his driver's permit suspended until he was 17, get his driver's permit taken away once he finally got it with his driver's license suspended until he was 18, and made him get into arguments with my parents every other day.

Newsflash, your brother did that to himself. Not the marijuana.

People who go "There's nothing wrong with it, it doesn't hurt you," apparently don't realize that just because it doesn't cause medical damage doesn't mean it's not harmful.

/rant

Whether your brother had started smoking or not, it sounds like he was bound to fail regardless. Sounds like you're just playing the blame game and Marijuana is the easiest target.

Also, it's no fucking wonder if he started when he was in 8th grade. Just a couple years too young to be involved in that shit.

At 1/25/12 02:28 PM, Dragoonwing wrote:
Though I did promise my freshman roommate I would smoke once under a special circumstance, but that never happened.

If you've never done it, I'm not gonna say you should; but it might be fun to try one day around a close group of really good friends. Who knows, more power to you though.

At 1/25/12 02:44 PM, Travis wrote:
Smoke in your lungs is harmful. Either way...

Agreed, but this seems to be your only excuse so far. Far more people smoke cigarretes, something MUCH MUCH MUCH more harmful to you than marijuana smoke. You should be hating on them if this is the only thing you have for harmful.

I've seen some people become asshats and cocksuckers, while I've seen others not change and stay the same person.

Protip: People can be dicks, on or off drugs.

And no, I'm not talking about while smoking, I'm just talking their lifestyle in general.

I feel like, whatever floats your boat, but don't act like it's cool, good for you, or try and push it onto others.

Agreed, people who act "cool" about it and push people into it are douchers. Not cool at all to force someone into it.

Why do you insist on defending it with your "I'm okay when I do it, so why do people hate it" argument?

What do you mean insist? I'm just stating. I understand not everyone will like it, and as such that is the whole point of this thread; to ask and find out why you people hate it. The answer was in the question.

I really doubt you don't change when you smoke. I gurantee it slows you down as is the effect of the THC in it.

Not exactly. Why do people associate weed with slowing down? There are different strains meant for different buzzes, some of which give lots of energy and enthusiasm to the user.

There are strains meant for falling asleep to and sinking into your chair, or for getting up and doing stuff and being active.

Oh watch out, because this guy smokes marijuana he is on a higher spiritual plane than the rest of us. All hail the high and mighty...

Grow up.

This is where you personally attack me and I get dickish on your ass. Where the FUCK do I even say that I'm better than anyone? Mightier? Smarter? This just shows you're picking words out of my post and tying yourself to them like a martyr. I don't believe I'm better than anyone, just more open minded.

Don't tell me to grow up when what I'm doing isn't childish.

Lol your soul is cleansed? Shut the fuck up...

You've never experimented with psychedelics so it's clear you wouldn't understand the meaning. I'm not even going to argue this because it's like arguing with a christian about how their god isn't real, you'll just bury your head in the sand and refute all outside knowledge.

Seriously, I can tell you are one of those people that will defend it to the grave and no matter what, just because of your own experience with the shit, you won't listen to any other views or points.

This is bullshit, I'm listening now; you're just being a douche and I'm not even going to consider your points because none of them are backed up.

For one, I do drugs. That will not stop until my 30s or when I have a family. I will LISTEN to views and points, but it will not CHANGE anything about the way I view it.

I am still open minded.

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 14:56:54

At 1/25/12 02:53 PM, Xavon wrote:
At 1/25/12 02:28 PM, Dragoonwing wrote:
If you've never done it, I'm not gonna say you should; but it might be fun to try one day around a close group of really good friends. Who knows, more power to you though.

Well I'm not saying I'd never do it. Just I'd rather do it during spring break when I can just relax and hang out with my friends who do smoke.

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:02:34

I want a real job.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:08:34

I treat marijuana like alcohol, I only use it when I am around friends where I would have a good time.

I believe that becoming dependent on it would make reality seem boring. And I would be depressed whenever I'm not high. That's not a state of mind I wish to ever be in.

As for psychedelics, I've never had any, but I would use those cautiously. I think I would try shrooms, given the right company and a set place to do it... but anything beyond that I don't think I'll ever try.

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:09:26

At 1/25/12 02:19 PM, Xavon wrote: My question to you is, how many of you smoke?

I do not Smoke

why not?

I dont need to, and I dont really want to.

Have you ever done it before?

No, probably never will.

I believe their may be some long term effects for those that use it way too much. But I don't really know and since most studies are biased I can't really agree with either side of the argument.

I don't really care, it's their life. Just skip me if you're going to pass a blunt around.

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:11:01

I've personally never tried it, but i know a lot of people who have, and a lot of my close friends do. The reason i don't smoke is because I see them when their high, and they just become the most annoying people. One girl i know, never wanted to touch the stuff, she tried it, now she smokes it all the time and is just so fucking annoying, all she does is say "I love weed" over and over again. Also I don't care what anyone says, that shit turns a lot of people just fucking stupid, they loose a lot of their long term memory and a lot of people become anxious mother fucker.

>Rant's done.

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:11:39

Getting a high, is not required to enjoy yourself.

Why would I change who I am?
To fit in...?
...with other people who do drugs?

I used to smoke pot a long time ago.... but I grew out of it.

I realized that the people who do drugs all the time let it take over their life.

Pretty soon they are asking people left and right.... do you do this?
Why don't you do this its fun... "Dude I was high on this yesterday and..."

No thanks.... its sad

Take weed for example...

Not a day goes by where some pothead douchebag posts on the forums... OMG "weed this" or "pot that"

People who smoke weed almost need to search out more people that smoke in order to make themselves feel better about it. They have to label themselves in their signature or in their username or anywhere they can think of.... they try and send a message "Hey I'm a pot smoker... and I advertise it so you can be my pot smoker friend"

They even have a club here on Newgrounds. Its sad really.

Doing drugs and/or smoking pot is not an activity in itself.
You do whatever drug it is... AND then you go out and do something, to make your experience better.

If you are a loser.... you end up using it as a calling card to make friends...
Hey I smoke pot... I'm cool.

No you aren't.

I don't need to alter who I am to have a good time..... I don't need to "get stupid" in order to impress others or make new friends.

I don't need to get high for any reason.

So why would I?

Its illegal.
Its a waste of money.
It jeopardizes your ability to get a decent job.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:13:43

At 1/25/12 02:53 PM, Xavon wrote:
Newsflash, your brother did that to himself. Not the marijuana.

Oh I know, but the fact that he smoked got him involved with the wrong kind of people, which lead to him getting shitfaced at parties and being arrested, getting pressured into shoplifting booze, etc. I realize it's his own fault, but if he'd never started smoking in the first place, he'd still be fine.

People who go "There's nothing wrong with it, it doesn't hurt you," apparently don't realize that just because it doesn't cause medical damage doesn't mean it's not harmful.

/rant
Whether your brother had started smoking or not, it sounds like he was bound to fail regardless. Sounds like you're just playing the blame game and Marijuana is the easiest target.

He and I were raised the same way and taught the same values, the difference is that he had friends who started smoking because their mom was an enabler and he got caught up in it.

Also, it's no fucking wonder if he started when he was in 8th grade. Just a couple years too young to be involved in that shit.

Probably, but about 75% of the people I go to school with started when they were younger than him. He actually didn't get in too much legal trouble before the past 2 years, but ever since he's started he's fought with our parents constantly.

Response to Why don't you smoke/do drugs? 2012-01-25 15:40:14

Because I cant smoke, its expensive and I dont see the point.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature