00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Screw you Disney.

2,619 Views | 24 Replies

Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 20:30:25

Expecting us to pay to see the same movie that we've seen 14 years ago (except now it's in 3D) isn't a good thing. I thought The Lion King 3D was going to be a one time thing, but now Disney is pulling the same crap with The Beauty and the Beast. Why can't you just let classics be classics, and make something original?

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 20:32:41

Beauty and the Beast is already a fantastic movie

Why not watch it in 3-D if you want to? It would be fun.

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 20:42:53

If you wanted to see Lion King or Beauty and the Beast in 3D, why not just go to see them "On Ice" or Broadway.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 20:55:46

They do this every few years, they re-release a re-release of an old movie, usually "remastered in X" (this time hopping on the 3D bandwagon).

Disney knows they can profit off of these franchises because they're classics, they bring nostalgia to those who've seen them as children and introduce the movies to a new generation.

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 21:00:59

At 1/9/12 08:33 PM, Natick wrote:
At 1/9/12 08:31 PM, Xenomit wrote: They ran out of ideas about 10 years ago
Pretty much this. Hopefuly, Pixar won't get lazy as well.

*Cough* Cars 2

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 21:05:32

Ignore trivial things that you're not interested much?

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 21:09:56

At 1/9/12 08:33 PM, Natick wrote:
Pretty much this. Hopefuly, Pixar won't get lazy as well.

A sequel is the worst sign of laziness, and looking at their last couple of movies... you're fucked.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 21:13:56

At 1/9/12 09:01 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: Coming soon:

Beauty and the Beast in 4D!
Where the characters actually come out of the screen and eat your children!

Holy shit!
That sounds like the greatest idea ever!

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 21:15:35

I'm waiting for The Beauty and the Beast in 5D, that one where they come out of your screen and start skullfucking your pets.

Sig made by the awesome AnonymousOfCali.

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 21:16:28

Then how about, wait for it, you don't go see it? Fans of the movie like the opportunity to see it on the big screen again. You also have to factor in parents that want to give their kids the same experience they had with it when they were kids. If you don't like Disney, it's fine, but families have made it part of their history and it's nice to share experiences with their kids.

Hope you're not surprised when Aladdin is released in 3D next. Or The Little Mermaid, or Mulan, or the million other Disney movies.

"As I'm sure you're aware it is full of silhouettes of girls. The one on the M looks like she has a dick, just saiyan." -Shade-

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 21:19:05

Beauty and the Beast is coming out in 3D?! Fuck yeah I'm gonna watch that! Sounds like the perfect time to take my daughter to her first theater experience, too!

Bounce Bounce Jiggle Bounce :3

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 21:20:42

At 1/9/12 09:19 PM, InDuStRiEl wrote: Beauty and the Beast is coming out in 3D?! Fuck yeah I'm gonna watch that! Sounds like the perfect time to take my daughter to her first theater experience, too!

Nice.

It's been out on 3D Blu Ray for a while. The Lion King 3D made so much money in theaters they decided to go ahead and throw it on the big screen as well.

"As I'm sure you're aware it is full of silhouettes of girls. The one on the M looks like she has a dick, just saiyan." -Shade-

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 21:22:02

I'd love it if the re-released old Disney movies in theaters. It'd not only bring in revenue and exposure to older movies making a rotating prophet.

But I did go see Lion King 3D despite that I hate 3D and think it's a waste of money.

It was a nice overdose of nostalgia but it was so annoying to have to wear the glasses.

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 21:25:09

January is a slow month for movies. Give it time.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 21:39:34

I got some red and blue 3d glasses in a cereal box once. I just wear those when I go see any movie. Works just as well. Just as fucking worthwhile as what they're pushing already.

No matter how good you are at something, there is always someone better. I'm living proof of that.

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 22:18:51

All Disney has been doing since the begining is taking stories form centuries ago and remakeing them in animated form plus they are appealing to the new generation of kids who are unfamiliar

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 22:25:15

So is there anything new or different with the 3d versions of the animations exactly? Like I see maybe a few additional frames coming but that's probably it as far as Traditional animation goes.

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 23:36:33

At 1/9/12 09:15 PM, yoshikoshi wrote:

I'm waiting for The Beauty and the Beast in 5D, that one where they come out of your screen and start skullfucking your pets.

That's nothing compared to Beauty and the Beast in 6D, where it will blow your freaking mind in a literal sense, not to mention the fact that you don't even need any type of special glasses to see this.

Seriously though, this is their way of introducing classics that the previous generation enjoyed and with the advancement of 3D, they figured that kids nowadays would get a kick out of this. I also find it ironic that the previous generation would hate on the very same movies that they loved, just because it's been remastered and into 3D for the new generation.

Talk about trying to have it both ways.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-09 23:44:12

The only thing to be pissed at Disney for is for f**king up release dates for potentially great films
here are some results of Disney's tomfoolery

The Princess and the Frog lost to Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakuel
Winnie The Pooh fell victim to the last Harry Potter film and Captain America: The First Avenger
and recently, The Muppets suffered the Twilight curse by losing out to....."The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1"

at least there are 4 Disney films to look forward to this year: The Secret of Arriety, Brave, Frankenweenie and Wreck-It Ralph

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-10 01:04:11

I think it'd be good for the new kids to watch it since they missed all the classics back then. But, yea, all this rehashing that companies are pulling are annoying.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-10 01:04:24

Please, those 'classic' movies you love so much were all based on tales that predated Disney by decades and even centuries. Only the Lion King is their original classic and even then it's very similar to Hamlet and some biblical stories. Not to say that doesn't make them good, but their only ideas are how to sugar coat the hell out of every sad ending.

PSN ID: Zeldafreak701 | Gamertag: Zeldafreak701 | 3DS friend code: 0301-9780-8157

You shouldn't have done that....

Sig by BlueHippo <3

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-10 01:18:33

Actually they don't want YOU to see it. They want the kids of today who maybe haven't seen Disney films to watch it.

I approve more of them releasing classics with the 3D gimmick then them making straight to dvd sequals.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-10 06:27:14

They do make original stuff. They did The Princess and the Frog and recently Tangled. Besides it's nice to be able to see these old movies on the big screen again. A movie seen in a theater has a different effect than a movie seen at home.

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-01-10 06:31:39

Weird thing is that Disney has gotten away with this for a very long time, releasing old movies in better formats adding behind the scene stuff thing and etc. Then put them out on the market for a "limited time only" so if you don't get (for an example) this new "better" blue-ray release of Beauty and the Beast you'll never get it.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Screw you Disney. 2012-06-23 18:03:58

At 1/9/12 08:30 PM, SloppyMoe606 wrote: Expecting us to pay to see the same movie that we've seen 14 years ago (except now it's in 3D) isn't a good thing. I thought The Lion King 3D was going to be a one time thing, but now Disney is pulling the same crap with The Beauty and the Beast. Why can't you just let classics be classics, and make something original?

I always hated Disney. Click the link.
http://wholeass.newgrounds.com/news/post/729106

Kill noobs for free.

BBS Signature