00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Its been a while since I was banned

2,764 Views | 39 Replies

I don't know if it's my memory playing tricks on me again, but it seems like I used to get banned a lot more when I was a new member on newgrounds. It would seem as though, the older you get, the less you get banned. It's mainly about you maturing, understanding how newgrounds work, but also the mods realising that maybe your crappy joke was actually an ironic joke...It can't just be you.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-07 23:25:23

I think mods have a tendency to give hair-trigger bans to newer users. Having been on the BBS for a while, you will recieve less bans even if you act up.

Just make an alt and act like your usual self, you might confirm this.

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-07 23:26:52

At 1/7/12 11:25 PM, MushookieMan wrote: I think mods have a tendency to give hair-trigger bans to newer users. Having been on the BBS for a while, you will recieve less bans even if you act up.

Good theory but using alts for certain purposes sometimes can mean your alt and main get deleted or perma-banned.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-07 23:26:57

No, I'm still getting banned at a fairly regular rate. I'd say it's more that the 2009/10 period was a cesspool of spam threads that lured in new users like moths to a bonfire.

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-07 23:29:43

i had just been banned for saying i didnt like pony threads so it still happens

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-07 23:31:46

I think it's a maturity thing, I got lots of 3 day bans in 05 when I was 14, I don't think I've had one since then (knock on wood). I've grown up since then, I don't post in obvious spam topics or spout memes I think were/are cool, since it's an obvious trap.

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-07 23:33:24

It's quite logical, when you think about it. They punish them at an early stage, so that we'd have less problems in the future.

Heh, that's quite ironic, since newgrounds moto used to be "The problems of the future, today!"

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-07 23:40:37

At 1/7/12 11:37 PM, Ilssm wrote: I've been here for only 3 months, and I've posted like 5 or 6 spam threads in that time, but I haven't gotten banned yet, so Idk. But I did space them out accordingly, like one every few weeks.

I'm probably going to get banned for saying that now, though.

Something like this happened a few years ago to me. I posted the exact same thing you just did, and Zerok tracked down and deleted 50 of my posts and banned me lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-07 23:42:18

AND THEN THE OP WAS BANNED

Its been a while since I was banned

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 00:09:46

At 1/7/12 11:42 PM, STEM wrote: AND THEN THE OP WAS BANNED

aawwweeee

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 01:30:42

ASKING FOR IT

It tolls for thee.

Thanks to IncendiaryProduction for the sig!

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 01:31:33

I haven't been banned once since my previous account.

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 01:33:44

I've mostly just learned to stop posting in spam threads, which was the reason for most of my bans.

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 01:36:56

I sincerely hope this isn't the case. The idea that I'v earned some sort of unspoken benefit because of seniority on a website makes me feel nauseated.

That being said please don't ban me.

But in all honesty I don't think its true. I probably don't get banned as much as I used to because, well, I became a better poster. I think thats generally the case for everyone.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 01:39:53

It's been a while since we had a full team of mature and dedicated mods.

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 04:23:22

I have not been banned in a long while either. Maybe it's because I don't post much anymore, so less chance of getting banned I guess. Or when I do get banned I don't notice because I don't post much anymore

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 10:46:50

The last tiem I got banned was a week or two ago and I forgot what it was for, I almost got banned by Poozy for making a really stupid thread (albeit the point of it was to draw out JarlaxleArtemis so I could challenge him to a fight)

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 11:12:59

I've never been banned

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 11:19:28

At 1/7/12 11:26 PM, J-Rex wrote:
At 1/7/12 11:25 PM, MushookieMan wrote: I think mods have a tendency to give hair-trigger bans to newer users. Having been on the BBS for a while, you will recieve less bans even if you act up.

Good theory but using alts for certain purposes sometimes can mean your alt and main get deleted or perma-banned.

Those 'certain purposes' usually relate to rule violation/evasion (getting around the posting time limits for example) or malice/abuse. There's no problem with having an alt for sensible, mature posting.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 11:39:01

Eh, half the time, more like 9/10, I expect the ban, but I post anyways on the principal of not compromising my comment for the sake of rules. But yeah, I feel you on the crappy/ironic part.

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 11:41:27

At 1/7/12 11:42 PM, STEM wrote: AND THEN THE OP WAS BANNED

That was the most epic ending for a tale ever

Twist ending.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 11:41:39

At 1/7/12 11:23 PM, Lorkas wrote: I don't know if it's my memory playing tricks on me again, but it seems like I used to get banned a lot more when I was a new member on newgrounds. It would seem as though, the older you get, the less you get banned. It's mainly about you maturing, understanding how newgrounds work, but also the mods realising that maybe your crappy joke was actually an ironic joke...It can't just be you.

I have no idea of what you might possibly imply. My banishment status is redone periodically.

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 11:42:21

At 1/8/12 11:39 AM, Shady wrote: Eh, half the time, more like 9/10, I expect the ban, but I post anyways on the principal of not compromising my comment for the sake of rules. But yeah, I feel you on the crappy/ironic part.

Oh thats right you are that immature anarchy kid, of course you are against forum rules.

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 11:51:03

I never really got banned before because I hardly posted in 08/09. And now I still don't get banned.

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 11:53:39

yes, people tend to act in a more mature way as their post counts rises. i don't know why, but i start to realise that i take things more seriously now, and am more willing to take my time to contribute to the dicussions, after making several hundred posts on newgrounds.

this might be true in general if you have received early bans. however, i suspect that the rate will stay constant after a while. sometimes i just can't resist the temptation to make some bad posts or post in a spam thread, (which will ultimately get me banned), and it has nothing to do with the maturity level.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 12:05:22

At 1/8/12 11:42 AM, slugathor wrote:
At 1/8/12 11:39 AM, Shady wrote: Eh, half the time, more like 9/10, I expect the ban, but I post anyways on the principal of not compromising my comment for the sake of rules. But yeah, I feel you on the crappy/ironic part.
Oh thats right you are that immature anarchy kid, of course you are against forum rules.

So you're saying that the forum rules are unbending and always conducive to the best possible results?
Of course you're not. Allow me to reiterate to you what anarchy really is, which I already stated in the thread you're referencing (you didn't have shit to say then). Anarchy is actively involving yourself in your environment so as to create the best result regardless of PRESENT authority, phosophically speaking.
I believe in government as a necessity with 6B people on earth, but I do not think the rules should be unbending, do you?

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 13:10:37

At 1/8/12 12:05 PM, Shady wrote:
At 1/8/12 11:42 AM, slugathor wrote:
So you're saying that the forum rules are unbending and always conducive to the best possible results?
Of course you're not. Allow me to reiterate to you what anarchy really is, which I already stated in the thread you're referencing (you didn't have shit to say then). Anarchy is actively involving yourself in your environment so as to create the best result regardless of PRESENT authority, phosophically speaking.
I believe in government as a necessity with 6B people on earth, but I do not think the rules should be unbending, do you?

I do believe that useless rules should be up for debate but as long as they are stated by the creator or creators of a forum it is dissrespectfull to just break them to prove a point instead of presenting enough reasons to have them changed to something you and others think is reasonable.

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 13:14:45

I do not break rules to prove a point, I don't know what I said to make you believe that.
I break them when they are not conducive to the best result. What the fuck does respect have to do with your response to authority? You sound like a little bitch right now. :p

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 13:20:29

The problem is becoming regular, or being liked. When I was newer to the forums I generally posted in the same way I do now but less good, I did the occasional good post mixed between piles of pointless crap. When I was newer however the mods generally saw the pointless crap and just banned it. However even keeping to such things I find myself getting less banned every year. It is likely the result of "oh its him again doesn't matter" or "oh hey him, may as well leave" etc. and they generally don't seem to bother to ban, knowing that the resulting posts I would make wouldn't be worth paying attention to fearing I would be posting goatse or something. Also the problem comes that I know several mods now, and as a result they tend to not ban due to it, unless Bahamut who generally throws a ban if any of my posts contain the word pony.

Sure I still get banned now, but in many cases I can be trying hard to get banned without breaking a huge rule and never gain a mods attention, personally its a double edged sword. One side its nice to be able to post, the other side it makes it seem like no mods love me. Spread the love mods!

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Its been a while since I was banned 2012-01-08 13:44:20

At 1/8/12 01:14 PM, Shady wrote: I do not break rules to prove a point, I don't know what I said to make you believe that.
I break them when they are not conducive to the best result. What the fuck does respect have to do with your response to authority? You sound like a little bitch right now. :p

I don't really see what rules that have to be bent or broken to produce a better result so having that in mind you still manage to sound immature.