00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpyBaby just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animater's Hardware

569 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Animater's Hardware 2011-10-28 13:06:47

I'm new to the animators world and was wondering what the best computer hardware was as to laptop tablets or any other hardware that makes the actual animation process a bit easier. As of right now I'm using my laptop's touchpad which get's a little bit annoying at times, haha.

Response to Animater's Hardware 2011-10-28 15:19:06

You can get Adobe flash for 699 or 700 USD. Also there are tablets like the Bamboo or Cintiqu I think you can get to draw by hand but on the computer. Photoshop is helpful as well. There's also Toon Boom.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Animater's Hardware 2011-10-28 15:22:27

I personally prefer using a mouse. I hate touchpads because I have this nervous thing where my hands get really sweaty and ends up screwing it up. I only use the touch pad if I need to be extremely accurate and can't be with the mouse.

As for what makes animating a lot easier? Have a really good computer processor and high RAM, my 3 gigs suffices even though I get a few "Not Responding" times yet it still works. Any mobile processor of 2009 or later seems to suffice enough in CS5.5, so I say if you're around that you're golden for the time being.

I'm only messing with sprites, however, so it could be different for hand-drawn animations and much much longer animations.

The statement below is true.

The statement above is false.

Response to Animater's Hardware 2011-10-30 02:16:53

Know of any tablets that you plug into your computer and they act as your actual computer monitor?

Response to Animater's Hardware 2011-10-30 05:07:47

At 10/30/11 02:16 AM, AnimatedIdiots wrote: Know of any tablets that you plug into your computer and they act as your actual computer monitor?

Yes, there is the Wacom Cintiq series. The small 12" version costs $999, but it sucks. The 21" one, on the other hand, is $1999. Finally, the huge 24" version is $2499. As you can see, they aren't cheap. If you're a beginner, I would suggest getting an Intous4, or a Bamboo if you're on a budget.

U SO WELCUM!

I need a new sig that fits the new design, but I am too lazy.

Response to Animater's Hardware 2011-10-30 08:50:43

Macromedia Flash/Adobe Flash
Macromedia is easily obtainable from torrent websites :3

Also mouse's are hard to work with they can be a bit jumpy.
I would reccomend the Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch :D

Hope that helps ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Animater's Hardware 2011-10-30 16:54:56

Just get the Bamboo Pen, chap! Amazon has it for like EU30 and there's no features in the double priced pen&touch that you're actually going to use. It's easier to just keep one hand on your keyboard than press buttons on the tablet.

I've worked with both, they're just as good.

Response to Animater's Hardware 2011-10-31 18:53:41

Thanks for all the help and info! :) I'll just start off with the Bamboo Pen & Touch. Only $32.95 USD. And save my way up to the Cintiq 24", haha.

Thanks again, everyone!

Response to Animater's Hardware 2011-10-31 19:56:58

At 10/30/11 05:07 AM, ArtyomL wrote:
At 10/30/11 02:16 AM, AnimatedIdiots wrote: Know of any tablets that you plug into your computer and they act as your actual computer monitor?
Yes, there is the Wacom Cintiq series. The small 12" version costs $999, but it sucks.

What are you talking about..how does the 12" suck? because its the smallest cintiq?

Click my sig for my mo-fuggin website.

BBS Signature

Response to Animater's Hardware 2011-10-31 23:56:16

At 10/28/11 01:06 PM, AnimatedIdiots wrote: I'm new to the animators world and was wondering what the best computer hardware was as to laptop tablets or any other hardware that makes the actual animation process a bit easier. As of right now I'm using my laptop's touchpad which get's a little bit annoying at times, haha.

You can get a graphics tablet, obviously if you prefer to draw by hand. Also a nice big monitor doesn't hurt. :P

BBS Signature