00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpyBaby just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Oh Shoot Nooooo! Help!

930 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Oh Shoot Nooooo! Help! 2011-10-21 20:05:48

We spent hours and days on an animation to help get blood donors. :)

Then we had an argument :(

Then I thought I would be really smart and delete the whole project- I deleted the flash file, then I deleted it from the recycle bin :(

Then we kinda want it back. Its important and urgent and it might just literally save someone's life.

I still have the latest swf and I seem to think that when you first delete a file the computer only takes the label off the data- its kinda still there, but I suppose if there is any hope of getting it back I've got to act soon.

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to Oh Shoot Nooooo! Help! 2011-10-21 20:09:05

Lol your a fucking idiot.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Oh Shoot Nooooo! Help! 2011-10-21 21:17:01

At 10/21/11 08:09 PM, Jomillex wrote: Lol your a fucking idiot.

Really? Oh, great! Thats a great idea! Thanks so much. I was afraid I would have to recreate the whole thing, but wow, that will save me hours. Oh, its such a relief. I felt such a fool, but now we can get on and do this thing!

Jomillex- I hope somebody helps you in the same way when you do something stupid! Not that you've ever done something like this in your life- no suree, I'm sure you are a really smart guy who would never lose his temper and do something he regrets.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh Shoot Nooooo! Help! 2011-10-22 12:25:19

That .fla is gone forever. But you could import the .swf into a new .fla.

it'll just be something of a nightmare to work with, though. You'll know when you see it.

Response to Oh Shoot Nooooo! Help! 2011-10-23 09:09:30

Well, now thats more like the community we know and love!

Thanks to Krinkels and Alex I can sort this thing out, hopefully.

To anyone who is interested, the SWF file is what you publish and the FLA is the flash when you first make it. Krinkels told me something I didn't know - that you could convert the former into the latter, and Alex took the trouble to give me a link- which is great for me, since despite being here for years, I am not really very computer literate.

The link he gave me gives you the chance to buy a program to do it, or download a limited trial. The catch with the limited trial is that is doesn't convert any coding, so you get a file with a whole sequence of images that I will need to re-assemble, as Alex said.

However, subject to sorting out the dispute that lead to my stupid decision, Since I have a quiz template to drop images onto, it should be OK.

Conclusion:

1. If you get stuck, try and figure it out then ask on NG. Whats the worst that can happen? Being called names didn't kill me.

2. Agree terms and credit before starting a collaboration and negotiate any changes as you go along.

3. If you argue- stop and sleep on it. Things may seem different in the morning!

4. Try and help people a little as well as insult them. If the great Krinkels can spare a second, so can we all.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh Shoot Nooooo! Help! 2011-10-23 09:14:45

, the SWF file is what you publish and the FLA is the flash when you first make it. Krinkels told me something I didn't know - that you could convert the former into the latter,

Actually, no- Krinkels was proposing importing the SWF into a FLA, which would also work. I remember now I tried that years ago and its a $"£^ ! to work with - I gave up, but if the work is precious enough you can do it.

Thanks again, guys!

BBS Signature

Response to Oh Shoot Nooooo! Help! 2011-10-23 23:00:03

It's a very depressing process, but I'd create a new project file and do a combination of the above suggestions. Then I'd decompile the latest .swf you've got. Then I would transfer major elements like movieclips or unreconciliable audio from the decompiled .fla to the new one. Under no circumstance should you use the the new .fla as the new project file.

Also, decompiling can do some annoying things, like changing the color fills and the shapes so watch out for that.

Response to Oh Shoot Nooooo! Help! 2011-10-24 00:37:25

At 10/21/11 08:05 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: I still have the latest swf and I seem to think that when you first delete a file the computer only takes the label off the data- its kinda still there, but I suppose if there is any hope of getting it back I've got to act soon.

Google an SWF to FLA converter, I recall using one a while back that worked although you'll need to still have any bitmaps, audio, things made outside of flash on your computer.

BBS Signature

Response to Oh Shoot Nooooo! Help! 2011-10-24 11:53:21

dear ice dragon:

first off, you are gay in the sense you like big black men with big dicks

secondly, theres programs that can recover deleted files as long as not much time has elapsed since you commited the felony, as to how are they called, ill encourage you to do your own research but i remember the one contained in "tuneup utilities" was nothing short than awesome

now that your help needs have been convered i have to strongly insist on the fact that you are sexually disoriented

with love, tom fulp

ama gon chill