00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crypticfauna just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Call out to Animators! Please read.

489 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Dear NG,

I have been a avid fan of NG since I was in early teens, and have stumbled across the site from time to time consistently throughout the years. I am now 21 and can say I've always had high respect for some of the animators on this website.

That's why I'm calling out to see if any animators could help me out with a painful feeling in my life.

This morning I woke up from a dream that almost had me in tears, and even writing it down in my journal, I knew the dream, although with different people (in some cases completely unrealistic situations) most of the dream's theme was one that has been visiting me for the past 10 months.

About 10 months ago I went through a break up with my girlfriend of 4 years, over her seeing some other people throughout the period of our relationship, and me forgiving her multiple times, she had continually hurt me over and over relentlessly and over the last 10 months I have been through one of the darkest periods of my life, involving suicidal thoughts, meth addiction and hyper delusional sleep activity.

But with all that bullshit that has gone on, I never stopped caring about her. And with her bestfriend committing suicide a few months ago, she has completely numbed. I try to reach out to her but she is sadly spiralling out of control, in a web of guilt, self-destruction and mourning.

I was wondering if anyone could help animate my dream, as to try and show her, how she is affecting everyone around her and those people she thinks are her friends that care about her.. are really not doing anything to help what lies under the surface.

The premise of the dream follows as such;
-young boy + girl meet.
-feelings develop, on the beach (a important theme here is water.)
-girl eventually breaks away from boy, after revelations of mistrust and betrayal.
-girl and boy continue to see each other from time to time, but the girl has now lost her sight (vision).
-being that she can no longer see, she builds anger and upset inside herself.
-the girl and boy often visit the beach (the water).
-but when ever the girl now visit the water, she walks into the ocean, blind, until she can no longer stand.
-she waits there, with the darkness and cold surrounding her.
-the boy pulls her from the swells multiple times (different occasions), every time screaming her name to bring her back to reality, sometimes only just in time.
-after being pulled to shore, she breaks down and is scared of what her heart/head is making her do.
-She eventually asks not to be rescued any more, as she knows she is not being delusional, and this is what she truly seeks.
-boy lets her go and she walks into the water.

So thats pretty much the synopsis. It was horrible to wake up from that, but to be honest theres been more painful dreams and sleep activity I've had to deal with. But they've changed to this, as I think I'm starting to get very upset and worried about her self destruction.

Im not sure how well this is going to work, but if any animators would like to collab and use the story in an animation I would be extremely grateful.
I understand the risk of being honest and open on the internet, but I'm willing to try anything at this point.
Not sure if anyones been in a similar situation but it sucks pretty hard.

Thanks in advance,
Corey P.

music could be anything, but something that sets the tone well [Defeater - head stone.]

Response to Call out to Animators! Please read. 2011-09-08 09:34:36

I would be more than happy too..Ill give you all my studios details through PM or add it on skype; FreeDoomMedia.

Sounds like a great project, hit me up as soon as you can.

--BenKNG

Click my sig for my mo-fuggin website.

BBS Signature