00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Manchester Meet 2012

32,038 Views | 453 Replies

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-10 18:04:06

luis, if you want to come and taste actual proper beer on the thursday afternoon (or for that matter, the evening as nothing is planned yet, right?) you're more than welcome to join me. same goes for anyone for that matter. beer fest i'm going to will have literally hundreds to choose from.

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-11 19:12:36

At 11/10/11 06:04 PM, jonthomson wrote: luis, if you want to come and taste actual proper beer on the thursday afternoon (or for that matter, the evening as nothing is planned yet, right?) you're more than welcome to join me. same goes for anyone for that matter. beer fest i'm going to will have literally hundreds to choose from.

I'll probably join you. it'll be my birthday and i see no bad reason why there should not be a beer fest planned around it.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-11 19:32:44

I went ahead and booked a room at last years Premier Inn at Printworks and also at Holiday Inn Exp at Printworks. If you prepay at Premier Inn its running at 58 quid for two nights, which is like pretty damn cheap for 2 nights (Fri, Sat). I figure if you split that with someone its like 29 bucks each. Anywho yeah, that's the area i'll be in, for anyone persuing lodging.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-11 19:54:14

Good, now I know where to book. However, I'll need to wait until Christmas to see where my working status is at that point.

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-11 20:02:57

At 11/11/11 07:51 PM, LazyPint wrote: That's a bargain and a half right enough. The only thing in my mind was that last year they were checking names off a list at night so they knew who was coming back in. If you reserve a double room do you have to specify the people staying in it or could you leave it open in case of cancellation.

Nah you only need one persons name on the room. I just did it myself. I put two adults in anytime i book a room anywhere regardless if its me or not.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-11 20:17:02

At 11/11/11 08:06 PM, citricsquid wrote: When we checked in and they asked for names they only wanted the name of the person that checked in, but they were counting the amount of people going in. So if you have a room for 2 people they'll take your name and only let 1 other person walk in with you.

get sneaking.

yeah if you plan on having more than 2 people in your room its a little trickier. At 60quid a room tho that seems kind of silly to be that sneaky for the sake of saving whats not all that much money already.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-11 20:18:15

I may be having a room for myself (which I can easily cover the costs for) but I'm willing to share it with some particular individuals providing they are going. ;)

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-11 20:20:23

I'm posting in this thread because I'm still butthurt about not having more meets near where I live.

Fuck Manchester.

That is all.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-12 12:41:54

Woo! Manchester! Yeah!

Never thought I'd say that about manchester.

Anyways see you chumps there, let's get messy

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-12 13:48:22

I work 0.8 miles from that kyoto lounge. I could go and have a drink but prob wouldn't hang around for too long.

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-13 05:48:40

Rather curious, I've found myself this morning looking at coach and hotel prices and times. I can actually get a coach from my own town, which while being 7 hours each way is perfectly managable for me. Still looking around for accommodation. The city's Premier Inn seems decently priced. And cost is really my main worry just after Christmas with both my parents birthdays in January. Wondering where others are staying if they've booked already?

Still not 100% sure but I'm liking the sound of this meet more and more.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-13 11:36:21

At 58 quid for 2 nights it's equal to the hostel I was at in London.

I saw a mouse in there.

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-13 11:56:14

At 11/10/11 12:24 PM, Gagsy wrote: Why are so many people I like going (besides Dean).

Shut up Gagsy >:C

Assuming my financial situation doesn't drastically worsen (although Christmas is coming up) I should be there. £22 for my travel and about £30 on accommodation isn't so bad for the weekend. I was hoping to stay a little longer than Fri-Sun this time, but it will be a busy time for me with coursework and all that jazz so I can't afford to skip too many days.

Krum also seems quite keen to go if any of you lot remember him, but I think he'll only be attending if I'm able to accompany him on the trip. We live in the same town see.

I'd still like to see Tramps confirm that he will be able to come, even if that is a little hypocritical of me currently being in a "hopefully attending" situation. You're probably the user that I've been in contact with for the longest on this site. Get your act together and come say "hi" to me. I was hoping to see Ejit as well, but sadly he's a no :(

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-14 06:45:04

At 11/11/11 07:12 PM, Luis wrote:
At 11/10/11 06:04 PM, jonthomson wrote: luis, if you want to come and taste actual proper beer on the thursday afternoon (or for that matter, the evening as nothing is planned yet, right?) you're more than welcome to join me. same goes for anyone for that matter. beer fest i'm going to will have literally hundreds to choose from.
I'll probably join you. it'll be my birthday and i see no bad reason why there should not be a beer fest planned around it.

I very much want to go!

Any idea how much the buffet and beers will be?

I've never been to a beerfest before...

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-14 07:25:35

At 11/14/11 07:05 AM, citricsquid wrote: 90% sure Ejit is someones alt, he never attends events, only explanation.

He is a Cornish man of mystery indeed.

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-14 08:41:03

At 11/14/11 06:45 AM, Bezman wrote:
At 11/11/11 07:12 PM, Luis wrote:
I very much want to go!

Any idea how much the buffet and beers will be?

basically standard pub prices. depends on what you're drinking obviously, if you're having some 9% barley wine or imported belgian tripel, that will likely be more expensive than a ~4% bitter

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-14 08:46:38

I may come but it depends on where I can get to Manchester or not. Shouldn't be a problem though as it is only an hour train journey away.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-14 11:03:14

At 11/13/11 05:48 AM, Gagsy wrote: Rather curious, I've found myself this morning looking at coach and hotel prices and times. I can actually get a coach from my own town, which while being 7 hours each way is perfectly managable for me.

Yeah, I just checked National Express and it looks like £15 to get to Manchester from Birmingham, but then I've got to pay for a ticket from Kiddy to Birmingham, which shouldn't hurt all that much.

:Still looking around for accommodation. The city's Premier Inn seems decently priced. And cost is really my main worry just after Christmas with both my parents birthdays in January. Wondering where others are staying if they've booked already?

If, and I'm not offering guarantees just yet, I go, I'll be using the cheaper of the Premier Inns in the city - what's a little longer on a bus route, after all?

That's my two pence, for what it's worth.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-14 11:42:23

At 11/14/11 11:03 AM, Coop wrote: Yeah, I just checked National Express and it looks like £15 to get to Manchester from Birmingham, but then I've got to pay for a ticket from Kiddy to Birmingham, which shouldn't hurt all that much.

If I book early it'll £20 each way for me which from Kent seems like a pretty awesome price. Think it was £15 each way when I went to Brummmy.

Kiddy.. What a great nickname, or the perfect place for shop browsing pedophiles.

If, and I'm not offering guarantees just yet, I go, I'll be using the cheaper of the Premier Inns in the city - what's a little longer on a bus route, after all?

Ah, see I'd probably rather one want closer to the city and just generally because I worry about public transport outside my area (unless it's the tube which is easdy peasy). I don't think I'd want a place to stay which, though cheaper, would mean me needing to get a complex (IN THEORY) bus route and remember which way to walk from bus stops to get to there, when I can just pay a bit more and know it's like smack in the middle of the city. I don't know.

That's my two pence, for what it's worth.

Thank you.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-15 15:04:35

At 11/14/11 11:42 AM, Gagsy wrote: Ah, see I'd probably rather one want closer to the city

Well, I can honestly say that the MEN Arena/Printworks Premier Inn would be your best option. I've stayed there twice now and aside from it being a nice enough place, it is near enough right in the centre. Piccadilly Station is about a 15 minute walk, the bus station is probably a 5 minute walk away and you can get to the city centre in about 15 minutes on foot as well. I guess it just depends on what the prices are like because they seem to enjoy raising and falling quite sharply.

Unless the option wasn't available, it's definitely the hotel that I'd go for in Manchester.

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-15 15:56:44

At 11/15/11 03:04 PM, Dean wrote:
At 11/14/11 11:42 AM, Gagsy wrote: Ah, see I'd probably rather one want closer to the city
Well, I can honestly say that the MEN Arena/Printworks Premier Inn would be your best option. I've stayed there twice now and aside from it being a nice enough place, it is near enough right in the centre. Piccadilly Station is about a 15 minute walk, the bus station is probably a 5 minute walk away and you can get to the city centre in about 15 minutes on foot as well. I guess it just depends on what the prices are like because they seem to enjoy raising and falling quite sharply.

Unless the option wasn't available, it's definitely the hotel that I'd go for in Manchester.

Yeah i think any of the premier inns in manchester should do just fine honestly. I think the one at MEN arena might be running cheaper, cause it mentions that there is construction going on nearby. It had that same message last year, but it probably is irrelevant if youre going to just crash when you get back anyway. I guess if you want a full nights peaceful rest then probably one of the other premier inn's would be better. I think there is one closer to picadilly gardens if you wanted to be near the main train station. That puts you farther than the main meet point though. Still walkable, but yea.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-15 19:09:33

i mean seriously, i do not see how it is possibly 15 quid each way on national express from brum to manchester. if you're actually quoting a round trip that's fine, but seriously, you SHOULD be able to get 5 quid each way from NX/Megabus/heck even a train at this level of notice

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-15 20:11:00

Hm. I missed London last year, then this year by accident, now there won't be one in London 2012. Rats!

I suppose it is possible I will make Manchester, but not likely.

If anyone wants to meet up in London in 2012, PM me. If a few people want to do it, maybe I will gather a few of the Dragons & Spirits, like we were supposed to do for 2011.

As you can see from the Picture, we tried to get to the London Meet in 2011, but didn't make it due to tube closure. I'm the good looking one.

As we live in North London, it may be possible to meet up here- say Alexandra Palace instead of central London. If y'all want to sort something out, then OK but don't expect me to organise much, its not going to happen.

Manchester Meet 2012

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-27 06:58:48

I turn 18 in December so I see no reason not to go.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-27 14:43:55

I think I will be attending this event, since it's not at all far from me unless I'm up Wolverhampton or something. Still, have a railcard and I'm sure I'll have the cash for it.

Fo' reel this time.

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-27 14:51:33

At 11/27/11 02:43 PM, DumbassDude wrote: unless I'm up Wolverhampton

Don't you mean "down Wolverhampton"? But yea, wise decision Lee.

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-27 14:58:14

At 11/27/11 02:51 PM, Dean wrote:
At 11/27/11 02:43 PM, DumbassDude wrote: unless I'm up Wolverhampton
Don't you mean "down Wolverhampton"? But yea, wise decision Lee.

What am I, a physicist?

We'll be knocking back Tennants lager and Guinness before you know it.

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-27 15:02:12

At 11/27/11 02:58 PM, DumbassDude wrote: We'll be knocking back Tennants lager and Guinness before you know it.

"Knocking back" might be a bit strong, after last years prices. It's harder than you think, being a Scotsman. Alcoholism and tight-fistedness don't really go well together.

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-27 15:06:33

At 11/27/11 03:02 PM, Dean wrote: "Knocking back" might be a bit strong, after last years prices. It's harder than you think, being a Scotsman. Alcoholism and tight-fistedness don't really go well together.

I'm forgetting that us Northern hard men are prone to excessive 'rough housing' after a few pints. It's alright though, i'm sure you can MODERATE how much you're drinking.

BBS Signature

Response to Manchester Meet 2012 2011-11-27 15:10:51

At 11/27/11 03:06 PM, DumbassDude wrote: i'm sure you can MODERATE how much you're drinking.

Ohohoho.

But yea, it will be good to see you. Assuming you go and assuming I go. Northerners unite.

BBS Signature