00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BUNKUMBITCH just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Concert/Gig Goer's Association

31,405 Views | 308 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-11-09 15:58:32

Some of the bands I saw live :

Agalloch (2)
Musk Ox (2)
Symphony X
Cynic
Stanley Clark Band
Kalmah
Abigail Williams
Les Cowboys Fringants (2)
Loco Locass (2)
Scale The Summit
The Ocean
Forteresse
Chasse-Galerie
Infernal Stronghold
Glorior Belli
Keith Jarreth, Jack DeJohnette, Gary Peacock
Ultra Vomit
All That Remains (2)
Gojira
Chimaira
Beast
Dark Tranquillity
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Machine Head
Stratovarius
Children Of Bodom
Amon Amarth
Threat Signal (2)
Taurus
Sanctity (2)
BlackScorn
Putamen Insula
Trivium
Worm Ouroboros
WarCall
Your Last Wish
Disaster's Gates
Oh, Sleeper
iwreastledabearonce
Vanna
Mononc' Serge & Anonymus
Mutiny Within

Can I join ? :)

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-11-09 16:09:41

At 11/9/12 03:58 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:

no

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-11-09 16:15:30

At 11/9/12 04:09 PM, Oliver wrote:
At 11/9/12 03:58 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
no

I didn't realise you were a member of this club. I don't want to join anymore.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2012-11-10 00:22:10

I didn't know tribute bands counted, if so I saw:
Vitalogy(Pearl Jam Tribute) my favorite and the singer dedicated my favorite PJ song to me. (Glorified G)
Red Not Chilli Peppers(RHCP Tribute)
The Hollywood Stones x2 (Rolling Stones Tribute)
Queen Nation(Queen Tribute)
Tombstone Shadow (CCR Tribute)
Which one's Pink? (Pink Floyd Tribute)

I love tribute bands when I don't have the means to see the real bands. Most are EXTREMELY good.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2013-03-12 14:58:14

bump

notable things that have happened since i last posted here that i can remember right now:

-bestival, saw some incredible acts, being at the front for stevie wonder was a highlight
-bloc party
-foals

upcoming gigs:

-little comets
-love saves the day festival
-bestival 2013

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2013-05-20 15:34:26

Oh snap. Sex Pistols tribute bands playing in my town next month. Not sure who yet and I highly doubt it'll be The Sex Pistols Experience (probably the best of all Sex Pistols tribute bands) but that's one gig I definitely wont be missing out on. It's even free entry which makes a change because usually I have to pay £5 to see the decent tribute bands that come in from out of town. Hope this doesn't mean they're going to be crap.

Been to see a few local bands recently but they were all cover bands. Was out three weekends in a row watching them. Full Metal Racket, FatLips and The Volts (AC/DC tribute).

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2013-05-21 13:26:18

mungo's hi-fi and top cat did a set in a club near me last friday, that was mental. this sat i'm going to love saves the day festival, which has a ton of electronic artists like bonobo, bondax, and alunageorge, i'm psyched

also fatboy slim got announced as the third bestival headliner, which is pretty rad

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2013-10-31 13:14:56

Good grief, scrolling though this page it seems like I go and see the same bands all the time. Two weeks back I went to see Fatlips again. They were awesome as usual. Last week I went to see The Counterfeit Clash again and they were just as good as always.

Just won two tickets to go and see The Volts (AC/DC cover band) tomorrow night. They're not expensive but 2 tickets would have cost £10 on the door so I'm not complaining. That'll allow me to buy a few extra pints instead. It's also the first time I can really think of me winning a competition, ever. Wasn't really that hard. Just had to be the first person to unscramble the letters and guess the AC/DC song. Letters were "NOTOLNCILRKRA" but the only answer I could come up needed another R. Submitted my guess anyway and it turned out to be right. Guess they just fucked up on the original set of letters.

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2013-11-08 14:11:02

Four bands in four weeks. I'm on a roll. Going to see a band tonight which, again, I've already mentioned in this thread: Full Metal Racket. Been a while since I last saw these guys and when I did last see them they had a new singer who I wasn't as keen on. Their old one was definitely better. Not sure if it's going to be the same guy as last time or not. They're a pretty good band regardless.

I think I'm also in a band myself now. Initially thought I was just messing about with them during one of their practice sessions because their guitarist was ill. They then said they wanted me to play a gig with them in December. Then just last week they said their guitarist is unlikely to be returning to the band so they want me to be their new guitarist. Drummer and bass player are a couple of local bikers I met in the pub one night, probably in their late 40's. They told me they're a blues rock cover band but so far they've seemed to do bits of everything. They were asking me if there's any songs I'd like to do so I've been getting some punk stuff in there too.

BBS Signature