00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

akmoreth just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Large Collaboration! - Look!

503 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Large Collaboration! - Look! 2011-07-05 22:18:37

Hey,

I recently had a BrainStorm about a project which could happen and there seems to be none like this out there. I am not going to release the full details of my idea here, but the following are needed :-

HTML / PHP / Javascript : Programming.
Database / MySQL : Programming.
Flash / AS3 : Programming.
Dedi. Server : Hosting.

Now, I own a Dedicated server and I can do a majority of the things needed in he Flash/AS3 section for this project. If you HAVE great skills with HTML / PHP / JavaScript / MySQL / AS3 then add me on Skype @ 'JoeyC2410'. I would look forward to hearing from people.

Money, you say? Well, this project after completion will be free, but with paid extras (if you want more, you pay etc.). If the project gets completed, then any money earned will be split EQUALLY between all workers. I look forward from hearing from you.

I am willing to work just as hard as anyone else in the group, I just don't want to let this idea go, I have had it in my mind for weeks!

Stage3D is awesome.

Response to Large Collaboration! - Look! 2011-07-06 09:33:59

It looks like you're asking for a lot of skill in different areas. You also never mention the time frame of this project. I don't think many professionals will want to be working for an indefinite amount of time, with no guarantee for payment, and with an unfair split where everyone gets equal shares regardless of the work involved.

Usually, you either pay a flat rate for such work, or if you're broke, you post more details of the project, and if people find it promising, they might agree to work for a pre-agreed upon percentage.

I am willing to work just as hard as anyone else in the group, I just don't want to let this idea go, I have had it in my mind for weeks!

That doesn't sound like a very long time for any market research. How can potential interested developers know this won't be just another inexperienced dev's folly? Because those happen a lot actually.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Response to Large Collaboration! - Look! 2011-07-06 11:27:57

At 7/6/11 09:33 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: It looks like you're asking for a lot of skill in different areas. You also never mention the time frame of this project. I don't think many professionals will want to be working for an indefinite amount of time, with no guarantee for payment, and with an unfair split where everyone gets equal shares regardless of the work involved.

Usually, you either pay a flat rate for such work, or if you're broke, you post more details of the project, and if people find it promising, they might agree to work for a pre-agreed upon percentage.

That doesn't sound like a very long time for any market research. How can potential interested developers know this won't be just another inexperienced dev's folly? Because those happen a lot actually.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

That's because I don't know how long the project will take, that depends on the skills of the Developers and depends on how fast they can get the tasks completed. I am not trying to get a company or business created, simply create a new idea that will be useful on the web. I didn't say I was looking for professionals, just experienced people.

This project in the long-term won't just help people around the internet, but the Developers that make it, so they would essentially be making an application for themselves to use too. I simply said if somebody would like to hear more, add me on Skype :)

I would release all the details of the project here, if I was not stupid, so if somebody thinks it's an inexperienced developers folly, then good for them, but if somebody wants to create something different and new, then add me on Skype :)

Stage3D is awesome.