00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VolublePally just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

should i start smoking?

5,073 Views | 81 Replies

Response to should i start smoking? 2011-06-07 16:22:01

Sure. Do it. Go and tell cancer "You can come in, my lungs are all screwed up!"

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 06:20:13

Do whatever you want, do not listen to anybody on this forum.
If you enjoy it, then do it.

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 06:35:21

Absolutely. Gunk is good for your lungs.

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 08:18:48

At 6/6/11 01:41 PM, B220 wrote:
What is it because its cool? Peer presure? You think it will help your mental state? There are loads of reasons give yours or stop posting.
ok, you got the right! i think that it will help me to chill at my free time, to make me feel relaxed.

Not worth it.

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 08:30:00

Well don't start based on outside influences instead start to smoke if you like that delicious taste of them.

I started because I liked the taste while others might start because they think that it will make them cool (lies) or because they want the buzz.

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 08:46:04

Why the fuck would you WANT to get addicted?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 08:59:20

At 10 minutes ago, Slint wrote: Why the fuck would you WANT to get addicted?

I think this is another subtle criticim of the girl to the right.

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 12:12:37

I smoked for years without getting addicted. It's once you start smoking everyday multiple times a day at the same time that it gets really hard to quit. Once it becomes a routine you are screwed.

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 12:18:03

As long as it doesn't become a daily thing then I don't see why not.

In my case, I smoke once I feel like it(which ranges from once every few days to once a few weeks) and when I'm at a party. I do it only because it is a good conversation starter and I just feel like smoking when I'm drunk. But the point is I can control my smoking habit, I can smoke whenever I want. And for me, if I ever get the feeling that my smoking habit takes control of me, I quit. I'm not going to be a bitch of some addiction.

I create music from time to time, you should check it out. Or not. No pressure.

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 12:30:59

Not sure if trolling or serious.
Don't touch the stuf, you don't need it to look cool.

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 12:39:43

At 6/6/11 01:28 PM, B220 wrote: well, i think about starting to

No

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.

My "art" :D

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 12:44:55

At 6/6/11 01:28 PM, B220 wrote: well, i think about starting to smoke. yeah, i know, it's unhealthy. yeah, it costs. but i've got need to start, don't get why. can someone tell me how long does it take to habit and what are the health changes?

Whats the point?

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 12:53:18

At 6/6/11 01:28 PM, B220 wrote: well, i think about starting to smoke. yeah, i know, it's unhealthy. yeah, it costs. but i've got need to start, don't get why. can someone tell me how long does it take to habit and what are the health changes?

You can get addicted in matter of days, but of course it's also dependent on how many cigarettes daily you'd smoke. As for health changes I will name just a few:

- negative change in your sense of smell and taste
- short of breath
- higher risk of heart disease
- lungs are losing the ability to clean itself
- escalating risk of cancer

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 13:50:50

At 6/6/11 02:45 PM, Danavers wrote: Smoke neither cigarettes nor marijuana, both are bad for you.

Weed isn't bad for you, infact it is actual good for you. (the weed itself)

Youtube (Voice reels and shit soon!)

Check out my art :D

Go check out my NG User page or something, i don't know how this shit works.

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 14:12:17

If nothing else, smoking makes you feel cool. Others have their opinions on whether it actually does or not, but everyone feels cooler when they smoke. Luckily, I've never become addicted to the nicotine, so I can turn it on and off. Imagine being that cool

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 14:18:31

At 19 minutes ago, Ilssm wrote: When used properly, yes, like in medicine, for cancer and such. Just smoking it is not good for you, granted it's not that bad for you either, but smoking anything usually isn't good for your lungs, no matter how small the amount or what it is, it won't increase your health.

I'm not saying it relieves pain, but, i'll put it this way.

Weed > Alcohol
Weed > Tobacco

Youtube (Voice reels and shit soon!)

Check out my art :D

Go check out my NG User page or something, i don't know how this shit works.

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 14:26:10

At 6/6/11 01:31 PM, Squidbit wrote:
So, you want to start smoking for no reason at all? That's fucking stupid, and I fully support this idea just so you get cancer and learn your lesson about doing stupid shit for no reason.

More or less how I feel, you're 14, and fucking retarded as far as I can tell. I don't care if you do it to try and impress a girl, find a girl with better tastes. Or if you are doing it to try and fit in with cool kids, there is 0 excuse to start smoking, why so much of our population does it still boggles the mind. Fucking hate the fact we haven't banned it yet, it literally has 0 benefits at all what so ever.

There is literally nothing, 0 things, NONE OF THE FUCKING THINGS that smoking cigarettes does for you.

Now I say cigarettes, not hookah's, or marijuana, one is much much much less addicting and doesn't have 1/2th the chemical bullshit, while the other has proven medical uses, and other assorted things that it -can- potentially do for people.

Now one other thing to make clear, before you bitch me out saying we can do what we want with our bodies. You're right. You are completely right. However, if it weren't for shitty money grubbing tobacco companies, we wouldn't have these disgusting things if the first place, they are literally a money maker laced with things to physically addict you and keep you coming back. "Relaxing" or whatever, there are other ways to calm your shit.

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 14:27:15

I highly reccomend smoking a 12 pack of marijuana cigarettes everyday.
It has no effect.
Let's get it legalized people because there is a point to smoking this crazy shit.

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 14:30:23

At 1 minute ago, fuzzum111 wrote: Fucking hate the fact we haven't banned it yet, it literally has 0 benefits at all what so ever.

Money mah boi. Although I do agree since there genuinely isnt one good reason to start. Also I laugh when people tell me they smoke to calm down because cravings are the reason they are so tense in the first place.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 14:40:22

At 7 minutes ago, BumFodder wrote:
At 1 minute ago, fuzzum111 wrote: Fucking hate the fact we haven't banned it yet, it literally has 0 benefits at all what so ever.
Money mah boi. Although I do agree since there genuinely isnt one good reason to start. Also I laugh when people tell me they smoke to calm down because cravings are the reason they are so tense in the first place.

Exactly, and if you read all of my post you'd see, that's exactly why they exist in the first place. Money, only money. At least Weed has some real fucking uses, and if you smoke the Tobacco straight, without all the bullshit they put into today's cigarettes I believe it has little/no effect on you outside of inhaling smoke willingly.

My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 14:41:57

At A few seconds ago, fuzzum111 wrote: and if you smoke the Tobacco straight, without all the bullshit they put into today's cigarettes I believe it has little/no effect on you outside of inhaling smoke willingly.

Yeah but then it tastes like shit.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to should i start smoking? 2012-02-20 14:54:44

At 7 minutes ago, FattyWhale wrote:
At A few seconds ago, fuzzum111 wrote: and if you smoke the Tobacco straight, without all the bullshit they put into today's cigarettes I believe it has little/no effect on you outside of inhaling smoke willingly.
Yeah but then it tastes like shit.

That's the whole fucking point, you shouldn't be smoking a useless dried leaf in the first place. The only -only- cigarettes that I have ever tried that even remotely tasted like anything other than ass, were the sweet n slims(or whatever they are called) that are like mini cigars. The 'flavor' they have is actually there, and the smoke actually smells great, in addition to the physical tube itself.

If we didn't -make- cigarettes to be a addictive substance, that will make you physically ill if you are deprived of them, them the population of smokers would go down by a massive percentage, remove any form of 'flavoring' and it becomes all but 0.

Hooka would probably taste like shit too if we didn't flavor it, but it beats cigarettes outright anyways lol.

My Youtube channel

BBS Signature