00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dumbuhgly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

If a multiplat game went exclusive?

638 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Say that a title yet to be released, set to be multi-platform product, because an exclusive for a console you don't own?

Would you consider buying said console? How many games before you would? How would you think it would affect the game and console sales (especially in the case of CoD franchise).

I think, if Battlefield 3 went PS3 exclusive, I would very much consider picking one up, but if say MW3 went PS3 exclusive, I couldn't care less.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to If a multiplat game went exclusive? 2011-05-23 05:14:58

Battlefield 3 would never be a PS3 exclusive, because it is built from the ground up for PCs, and is being ported over to consoles.

Consoles are not the center of the gaming universe anymore. THANK JEEBUS. PCs are capable of so much more, and have been consistently held back by consoles.

Response to If a multiplat game went exclusive? 2011-05-23 05:25:52

At 5/23/11 05:14 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Battlefield 3 would never be a PS3 exclusive, because it is built from the ground up for PCs, and is being ported over to consoles.

Consoles are not the center of the gaming universe anymore. THANK JEEBUS. PCs are capable of so much more, and have been consistently held back by consoles.

Yeah, this is a hypothetical thread, I am WELL aware of the fact that BF3 is being primarily developed for PC, I intend on buying it on PC.

Consoles never were the center on the gaming universe, PC's have always been there.

BBS Signature

Response to If a multiplat game went exclusive? 2011-05-23 05:37:43

Thinking about it, I really don't know what I'd do. I used to have all the current generation consoles, but since I never used the PS3 and my brother preferred the Xbox, it was sold for another Xbox. Platform wasn't really an issue for me back then, but for some reason I still never bothered buying PS3 exclusive titles.

I don't think one single title would be enough to convince me to buy another console. It would need to have a lot of what I consider to be good series exclusive to it.

If Skyrim were to be PS3 exclusive, I think I'd have to buy a PS3 again. It's really the only exception to the rule.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to If a multiplat game went exclusive? 2011-05-23 06:08:26

I would quit it. I have this with Final fantasy in a way. I have the games FFI to FFXII for the PS and PS2. But I am not going to blow a whole lot of money on the PS3 for FFXIII, nor the PSP for Crisis core. I'm a bit sad that I can't play those, but we've already opted on a wii and I'm not going to buy every new generation console to play every fun game.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to If a multiplat game went exclusive? 2011-05-23 06:17:22

At 5/23/11 06:08 AM, RubberTrucky wrote: but we've already opted on a wii

I don't get how people ever saw the Wii as a good investment.

BBS Signature

Response to If a multiplat game went exclusive? 2011-05-23 06:24:19

At 5/23/11 06:17 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote:

It seemed like a good idea when I was 10.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to If a multiplat game went exclusive? 2011-05-23 06:32:03

At 5/23/11 06:17 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote:

One word: women.
Having a girlfriend sadly means not having to make every or any choice ever again.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor