00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Utubj just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Civilization V online game?

2,359 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Civilization V online game? 2011-05-14 22:54:07

Just trying to drum up interest. Potentially something like next saturday or something?

I know I tried to organise a civ iv game but it didn't work out because it wouldn't let us connect to each other due to it being a gay game.

So I propose we try again with the latest in the series. Hopefully should go a bit more smoothly. It's better integrated into steam.

So yeah.

Step 1:
Say here if you're interested, and if so what dates around next weekend are good for you

Step 2:
Add me on steam if you don't have me yet: thehypocrite

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-15 00:13:10

next Saturday around 3 too hopefully the end of the game. i'll add you later and yeah im actually still kinda clueless in the game so for this week ima try and spam learn.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-15 04:01:40

Wasn't Civ V multiplayer hopelessly broken?

Anyway, be sure to write an LP/recap of the match if it works out.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-15 06:01:05

I'm game, but Civ 5 multiplayer is pretty rubbish compared to 4. Should still be fun though.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-15 07:08:48

yeah I got steam and civ 5, im intrested

"let's throw the babies into the air and catch them with our bayonets, whoever catches the most wins!"

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-15 08:30:11

At 5/15/11 04:01 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: Wasn't Civ V multiplayer hopelessly broken?
At 5/15/11 06:01 AM, TheMaster wrote: Civ 5 multiplayer is pretty rubbish compared to 4.

Oh? I get lag at beginning of turns which can get kinda silly but that's my only real complaint that I can think of off the top of my head. IDK, not played it online extensively.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-15 08:55:35

how many people can you get into a game? and also can people be the same civilisation? because we may wanna decide whos playing who.

"let's throw the babies into the air and catch them with our bayonets, whoever catches the most wins!"

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-16 19:16:46

At 5/15/11 08:55 AM, yonokowhat wrote: how many people can you get into a game? and also can people be the same civilisation? because we may wanna decide whos playing who.

we can get as many as we want realistically (pretty sure civ cap is 16 but we're not gonna get that many)

no you can't play same civ as anyone else. i propose people just square off in lobby chat if they disagree. i play as random civ anyway

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-17 04:59:58

Bags on Genghis.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-17 10:39:58

I've got the mac version of civ 5 and it is not compatible with the windows version until firaxis version the game the same on both platforms. If anyone has the mac version on steam, it would be good to get a multiplayer game going. :)

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-17 16:10:27

At 5/17/11 04:59 AM, TheMaster wrote: Bags on Genghis.

im betting even if were on a gigantic map and china is on the other side of the planet, your still gunna raid them.

I'll probably go japan seen as its different from always playing britain but also to piss off anyone else wanting to be japan so they cant get samurai.

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-17 16:14:24

At 5/17/11 04:10 PM, yonokowhat wrote: im betting even if were on a gigantic map and china is on the other side of the planet, your still gunna raid them.

I just love Keshiks. Best unit in the game for the era you get them in. I'm not sure how well their hit and run attacks will work with simultaneous turns, though.

I quite like Egypt in single player for the absurd cultural bonuses you can get by spamming wonders and farming great engineers, but cultural is no fun online, got to go for conquest.

I'll probably go japan seen as its different from always playing britain but also to piss off anyone else wanting to be japan so they cant get samurai.

Japan's bonus is better than their unit. One of the best in the game.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-17 17:14:49

YES.

Except I could only do sunday :(

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 11:30:44

As for times, I suggest we start the lobby at like 8PM GMT == 3PM EST

How does that sound? That gives everyone who might realistically be interested a chance to play. I'd probably rather do saturday (sorry griffon) :x but sunday's still good for me if anyone else prefers sunday.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 11:38:05

At 5/20/11 11:30 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: As for times, I suggest we start the lobby at like 8PM GMT == 3PM EST

How does that sound? That gives everyone who might realistically be interested a chance to play. I'd probably rather do saturday (sorry griffon) :x but sunday's still good for me if anyone else prefers sunday.

I can do Saturday, can't do Sunday.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 12:02:37

At 5/20/11 11:30 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: As for times, I suggest we start the lobby at like 8PM GMT == 3PM EST

8PM?! : ) I can probably make that sure count me in! I thought you were going to start before 5 or something!

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 14:03:17

Okay saturday current list

yes:

bananabreadmuffin
themaster
armouredgriffon
ledgey
yonokowhat
kidd25
mrpercie

awesome. yeah guys if you don't have me already add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/bbm

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 17:43:50

saturday at what time? on a sad note my internet has not been payed yet but by 9 it should, if not THEN LONG LIVE ROME! LONG LIVE ROME!
P.s. i call dibs on rome.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 17:50:50

Saturday as in tomorrow? I am so fucking down for that.

Though I wanted Japan ;<

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 17:58:20

Are we all going to go on the same difficulty? Like everyone picks the neutral one (I forget what it's called, it's number 4, one below King), so no one gets the production buffs/debuffs?

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 18:18:24

At 5/20/11 05:43 PM, kidd25 wrote: saturday at what time? on a sad note my internet has not been payed yet but by 9 it should, if not THEN LONG LIVE ROME! LONG LIVE ROME!
P.s. i call dibs on rome.

Fuck I wanted rome.

Well watch your back for Mother Russia.

Dibs on Russia.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 18:20:00

At 5/20/11 05:58 PM, TheMaster wrote: Are we all going to go on the same difficulty? Like everyone picks the neutral one (I forget what it's called, it's number 4, one below King), so no one gets the production buffs/debuffs?

Prince

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 18:28:45

At 5/20/11 06:20 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 5/20/11 05:58 PM, TheMaster wrote: Are we all going to go on the same difficulty? Like everyone picks the neutral one (I forget what it's called, it's number 4, one below King), so no one gets the production buffs/debuffs?
Prince

Aye, that's it. I get confused because Noble was the neutral one in 4, and Prince was the first one where you're at a disadvantage.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 18:58:41

Sorry I cant make it, so japans free for the taking and my space

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 19:05:41

At 5/20/11 07:02 PM, MrPercie wrote: The thing I hate about this game, it promotes assholes.

I'm so harassing you with hit and run Keshiks if I spawn near you.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 19:08:08

Yeah may as well go on same diff, makes sense to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-20 23:03:56

I'd love to play as the Indians (No need to build roads muahahaha), but if you're a dirty torrenter like me, you'd understand why you can't.

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-21 05:22:25

At 5/20/11 06:58 PM, yonokowhat wrote: Sorry I cant make it, so japans free for the taking and my space

So here you guys go I'ma compile a list. Also I'm on my phone so fuck spelling...

Master - Ghengis
Myself - motherrussia
Kidd - Rome
Idocreating - Japan
Mr Percie - Ottos

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-21 05:35:12

Since Rome and Japan are taken (they have pretty badass traits) I don't mind going random or picking on the spot. Looking forward to it!

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to Civilization V online game? 2011-05-21 09:49:36

I have a friend on Newgrounds whos wanting to play too.

He wants France, and his NG username is Snowy1993. I'll invite him.

See you guyses there!

BBS Signature