00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArmoredRed just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Business Introduction

487 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Business Introduction 2011-04-23 04:51:41

Hello Newgrounds. I have been hired to create a business introduction for SketchyComics and I would like your opinion.

Sketchy® is a comic business so you know.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e652 22fcaff7daa01f3dc76af25b30cc
I hope you like it. DJThunderGod is still creating a music introductory piece.

Thank you

~Daniel Green

Please tell me what you think.

Do you need $10 000 in cash for a 30 second animation? Click here

Response to Business Introduction 2011-04-23 14:58:55

Reminds me of Amblin Entertainment quite a bit. I was/am confused why the first word we see is 'Entertainment', not only the 2nd word of the co. title, but also a word that.. well, means entertainment standing on its own. I can't explain it, but it's just weird.

Also, is that papyrus font? Used on the word sketchy? I think it would be more creative to have the word sketchy actually BE pencil sketchy-esque. It would demonstrate some creativity, I think.

Last bit: I know in California, at least, that using the word 'sketchy' implies.. untrustworthy. queer. unpredictable.. uhm, sketchy, etc. This would be like naming an investment company 'Pyramid Investments' - I know you're an investment co. but I can't trust the pyramid part.

At 4/23/11 04:51 AM, SteakandKidneyPie wrote: Hello Newgrounds. I have been hired to create a business introduction for SketchyComics and I would like your opinion.

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Business Introduction 2011-04-23 18:24:12

At 4/23/11 02:58 PM, maficmelody wrote: Reminds me of Amblin Entertainment quite a bit. I was/am confused why the first word we see is 'Entertainment', not only the 2nd word of the co. title, but also a word that.. well, means entertainment standing on its own. I can't explain it, but it's just weird.

Also, is that papyrus font? Used on the word sketchy? I think it would be more creative to have the word sketchy actually BE pencil sketchy-esque. It would demonstrate some creativity, I think.

Last bit: I know in California, at least, that using the word 'sketchy' implies.. untrustworthy. queer. unpredictable.. uhm, sketchy, etc. This would be like naming an investment company 'Pyramid Investments' - I know you're an investment co. but I can't trust the pyramid part.

At 4/23/11 04:51 AM, SteakandKidneyPie wrote: Hello Newgrounds. I have been hired to create a business introduction for SketchyComics and I would like your opinion.

Yes, sketchy also means the same here, although it is a more suitable title and can be given a double meaning. Soooo many names are registered the company owner had said, do he decided something original and something that could easily be remembered.

Response to Business Introduction 2011-04-23 18:31:53

Also, papyrus was chosen as it was not to thin and not to bold. It also looked a little "sketchy". As in a lot of introductions, the name comes first, so I decided to create it differently. I have seen a few introductions featured in movies on the screen that have done similar.

If I had have created it with the sketchy part come first and drop the entertainment, it would be a lot like Marvel Studios.