00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ayumi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flood The Portal Fridays! 7

6,046 Views | 83 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-03-31 03:32:23

may make something... depends on how badly the collab is coming together... :P...

athough i am finding it hard to think of anything other then mono coloured piggies... :D

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-03-31 05:23:59

I just finished off something... Works well enough and now I feel good that I've contributed c:

How about us Australian out-backs? We have Friday a day before you guys do so, do we submit a day after (Saturday, being Friday in most other worlds) or continue within our time and submit tomorrow?

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-03-31 05:59:11

At 3/22/11 11:51 AM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
At 3/22/11 11:37 AM, J-qb wrote: I have problems getting an idea for this one
What's wrong with that?
Apart from looking a bit phallic.

there's nothing wrong with something phallic

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-03-31 06:38:50

At 3/31/11 05:23 AM, JKAmovies wrote: How about us Australian out-backs? We have Friday a day before you guys do so, do we submit a day after (Saturday, being Friday in most other worlds) or continue within our time and submit tomorrow?

We will have to submit it Saturday morning at exactly 8:30 AM, so exactly 35 hours from now.. ;D

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-03-31 08:36:46

My laptop is getting to be very unreliable; couldnt log on at all yesterday, and now today I can log in in safe mode and the green lines are gone...?! seriously weird stuff.
So yeah I might submit that worm thingy I posted on the first page if my laptop feels like it tomorrow evening.

also rob: that first and third pig are awesome... not a big fan of the second one though.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-03-31 19:02:42

Alright done.

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-03-31 20:19:58

At 3/31/11 07:02 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Alright done.

freakin awesome.

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-03-31 21:50:19

Here's mine.

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-01 15:39:23

good news, I'll be able to join in and upload in time after all.

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-01 15:43:30

At 4/1/11 03:39 PM, Zanroth wrote: good news, I'll be able to join in and upload in time after all.

2 hours, i probably wont

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-01 18:44:31

...man, after the first month, I figured we'd be having successful floods every time... it makes me sad that we STILL haven't done it! :'(

Guess I got scouted for nothing *disappointed*

Thanks to the people that participated though!! ...and awesome effort by ToaS tho!!! Your pics are all fantastically well done and creepy!!! :D

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-01 19:34:11

I'm ashamed of myself... I didn't do a single decent review.... All I did was give out funny comments that weren't that funny.....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-01 19:46:27

Awwww damn, I overslept and didn't even get mine finished. In my defense, I was roused from my sleep a total of 12 times due to drunk people getting back to my dorm and banging on doors and shit and took a 7 hour "nap". I guess I'll just put my flood picture up at a later time when I get around to finishing it. From what I could tell, the flood went well.

"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."

Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-02 05:59:41

yah... my laptop wasnt feeling it yesterday.. im at my parents` now so decided to grab my pic off the forum and upload it, sorry for the tardiness

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-02 06:09:29

At 4/1/11 06:44 PM, Nae wrote: ...man, after the first month, I figured we'd be having successful floods every time... it makes me sad that we STILL haven't done it! :'(

Guess I got scouted for nothing *disappointed*
Thanks to the people that participated though!! ...and awesome effort by ToaS tho!!! Your pics are all fantastically well done and creepy!!! :D

You know, if everyone posted on the exact 00:00 mark, we would only have needed 3 more to get a full page.

Also, any ideas for next Friday, friday, gotta get down on friday?

How about "fun, fun, fun"?

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-02 13:38:17

At 4/1/11 06:44 PM, Nae wrote: it makes me sad that we STILL haven't done it! :'(

dont worry Nae... il make sure we do it next time... i will make sure i have more then one and good quality... for next time... WE WILL FLOOD THE PORTAL!!!....

or else....

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-04 17:14:27

I'm not sure about a nice theme for the next flood, but if we want to refer to something that happened on that day (May 6th), I think these are some of the most interesting events:

The Eiffel Tower was officialy opened to the public.

The catastrophe of the Hindenburg zeppelin.

Coca-Cola goes on sale (while the first SOLD on May 8th apparently).

UK and France open the Channel Tunnel.

Althought I almost feel like a random theme would be a nice diversion. And please not another colour. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-04 17:28:47

At 4/4/11 05:14 PM, Luwano wrote: I'm not sure about a nice theme for the next flood,

Er...

Flowers?

Bees, maybe?

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 06:37:05

At 4/4/11 05:14 PM, Luwano wrote: The Eiffel Tower was officialy opened to the public.

Yup.

The catastrophe of the Hindenburg zeppelin.

Ok ... ish. I'd love to paint a zep, so maybe something looser, like "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"

Coca-Cola goes on sale (while the first SOLD on May 8th apparently).

Nah - I don't think there's much you could do with Coca Cola without coming across as a promotion.

UK and France open the Channel Tunnel.

Ok.

Althought I almost feel like a random theme would be a nice diversion.

Random theme? Do you mean like a tangible subject, or something chosen by a random word generator?
Bear in mind that, since the success of the Baked Bean Flood, vaguer topics work a lot better.

And please not another colour. :P

Pffff.

So far I'm leaning towards "France" as the next topic.

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 08:04:46

I suggest 'flowers', because nobody draws flowers anymore, and we could all use with some flowers.

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 08:25:14

I'm gonna suggest 'Mayday' as the next theme.

As in, the distress signal. People could draw disasters.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 08:41:02

At 4/5/11 06:37 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: So far I'm leaning towards "France" as the next topic.

Id rather go for the trains planes and automobiles one... with the canal tunnel And the Hindenburg And the first rollercoaster to go higher than 200 ft. And the first flight of the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt.

Alternatively its also the international "no diet" day... so I guess "obesity"?

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 08:58:50

May 6th is a day after Cinco de Mayo. A hommage to Luis?

"To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true."

Flickr | My "Art"

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 09:42:53

At 4/5/11 06:37 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 4/4/11 05:14 PM, Luwano wrote: Althought I almost feel like a random theme would be a nice diversion.
Random theme? Do you mean like a tangible subject, or something chosen by a random word generator?

No I just meant a theme that is not necessarily related to the date. But now that I think about it again the last themes were inspired by the date (St. Patricks Day for green for example) but were actually much broader terms.

I think that "Transportation" idea would be cool, but otherwise a Cinco de Mayo / Mexico theme would most likely result in some colorful and interesting entries.

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 10:00:18

April showers bring....

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 10:31:30

That friday is only two days after May 4th, the unofficial Star Wars day.

May the fourth be with you.

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 12:20:52

Argh, too many good ideas.

Ok, let's pinpoint this with a 2 day vote. Choose one of the following:
- Mexico
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles
- Star Wars
- Obesity
- Flowers

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 12:28:03

Mexico!
Though obesety could be funny.. but it seems so limited.

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 12:31:10

At 4/5/11 12:20 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

Choose one of the following:

- Mexico
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles
- Star Wars
- Obesity
- Flowers

as much fun as it would be to choose "fat Mexicans in the star wars universe driving over flowers..."

i think planes trains and automobiles may be a nice change from all these living creatures and monsters...

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 7 2011-04-05 12:35:49

At 4/5/11 10:31 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: That friday is only two days after May 4th, the unofficial Star Wars day.
May the fourth be with you.

I'm just a tight little bit too much of a nerd to ignore this. I would vote for Star Wars, but on the other hand next year the first friday in may would be exactly May 4th.

Yes I hope and expect these flood events to last until next year.

What do you think? Can't decide.....

BBS Signature