00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blue6panda just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

369,231 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 10:44:32

At 12/8/11 07:00 AM, DickBuns wrote: The shop keepers have random stock that is dependent on your level.

Yeah, I'm at level 30 and most of the blacksmiths have around 4 ebony ingots.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 12:34:20

Decided to start a new game with a fresh start. I liked how my khajiit came out in my last one but damn my foolish choices.

SPOILER ALERT AHEAD

At first I thought it was a good idea to side with the Stormcloaks, it seemed like they had a good cause going for them and Ulfric wasn't as bad as the Imperials made him, I was hella wrong. Stormcloaks are flat-out racist, siding with them actually benefits the Thalmor (who are the equivalent of Nazi's), and Ulfric isn't too far off from Hitler. Most unsettling of it all was when I sacked Whiterun. After your done occupying it for the Stormcloaks it seems so...depressing. Nobody there likes the Stormcloaks and they don't like them, the place just didn't feel the same and it doesn't feel any better either.

END SPOILER

Now my new character is a High Elf and I'm starting to like the magic aspects of this game. He's in College now, they grow up so fast ;_;

As far as Imperials or Stormcloaks go? I kill them all >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 13:29:35

At 12/8/11 12:34 PM, Drony wrote: At first I thought it was a good idea to side with the Stormcloaks

I only read to that part but whatever happens with the Stormcloaks, I want to do a second playthrough so I'm siding with the Imperials. I do need to check what else can't be done on a single save. Heh, if I intend to spend that much time on Skyrim.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 14:09:58

SPOILER:
Yeah, I just reloaded my savegame when Ulfric asked me to murder the Jarl of Windhelm. Seriously, the man probably helped me the most for the entire main quest. Why is there no option to say "No, I will not do that"? I think there should be.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 14:16:26

At 12/8/11 12:34 PM, Drony wrote: SPOILER ALERT AHEAD

At first I thought it was a good idea to side with the Stormcloaks, it seemed like they had a good cause going for them and Ulfric wasn't as bad as the Imperials made him, I was hella wrong. Stormcloaks are flat-out racist, siding with them actually benefits the Thalmor (who are the equivalent of Nazi's), and Ulfric isn't too far off from Hitler. Most unsettling of it all was when I sacked Whiterun. After your done occupying it for the Stormcloaks it seems so...depressing. Nobody there likes the Stormcloaks and they don't like them, the place just didn't feel the same and it doesn't feel any better either.

I wouldn't call the Stormcloaks Nazis. They're trying to free their country from a weakening Empire that has permitted unjust persecution of those who worship Talos. Most races in Tamriel don't have a problem with that since they either worship Daedra or follow one of the eight original Aedra but Talos was a Nord that was elevated to god status so he's important to the Nords. Don't get me wrong, they're still pretty racist and Ulfric is a complete jackass but they're not trying to ethnically cleanse Skyrim.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 14:34:52

At 12/8/11 02:16 PM, djack wrote:

I wouldn't call the Stormcloaks Nazis. They're trying to free their country from a weakening Empire that has permitted unjust persecution of those who worship Talos. Most races in Tamriel don't have a problem with that since they either worship Daedra or follow one of the eight original Aedra but Talos was a Nord that was elevated to god status so he's important to the Nords. Don't get me wrong, they're still pretty racist and Ulfric is a complete jackass but they're not trying to ethnically cleanse Skyrim.

True, I shouldv'e given the Nazi title to the Thalmor :P

But the only reason the Empire banned Talos worship was because of a treaty they signed with the Thalmor, it's the Thalmor that really doesn't want to permit it. If the Empire refused then they would still be fighting them and from what I read from the lores, they barely even stood a chance the first time. Now, if Stormcloaks and the Imperials joined forces against the Thalmor instead of fighting each other (with the addition of the Dragonborne), that'd be something.

lolo video game politics

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 14:35:46

Is there any way to name your dog? I just found a stray one on the ice flats, he killed a bear so I decided to take him along on my travels. He's weak as shit though, I'm scared he'll die on me. :(

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 15:24:09

Companions only die if you strike them yourself.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 15:33:32

At 12/8/11 03:24 PM, Wolfos wrote: Companions only die if you strike them yourself.

I've had companions die on me by the hands of NPCs multiple times...

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 15:39:24

At 12/8/11 03:33 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 12/8/11 03:24 PM, Wolfos wrote: Companions only die if you strike them yourself.
I've had companions die on me by the hands of NPCs multiple times...

It varies on the situation, I guess. The magic anomalies didn't kill my companion and they were keeping me on my toes. The ones that seem to strike down my companion easily are those nasty Chaurus.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 16:43:44

At 12/8/11 02:34 PM, Drony wrote: But the only reason the Empire banned Talos worship was because of a treaty they signed with the Thalmor, it's the Thalmor that really doesn't want to permit it. If the Empire refused then they would still be fighting them and from what I read from the lores, they barely even stood a chance the first time. Now, if Stormcloaks and the Imperials joined forces against the Thalmor instead of fighting each other (with the addition of the Dragonborne), that'd be something.

lolo video game politics

Most of the Stormcloaks were already soldiers for the Imperials during the war with the Dominion and they still lost. By the time the Dragonborn shows up there's too much political strife for Ulfric and Tullius to get along long enough to fight the Dominion together. Wherever the next game is based I'm betting the time period will be during the 5th era when the Dominion has taken control of all of Tamriel.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 16:53:45

Incorrect. Companions can and will die from NPCs/monsters. However, companions will yield to the NPC/monster and lose the aggro. The NPC/monster then begins to whomp you instead since you now have that aggro.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 17:25:13

At 12/8/11 03:39 PM, Bahamut wrote: The ones that seem to strike down my companion easily are those nasty Chaurus.
Chaurus

At first I thought that said "nasty churros"

Now I'm going back into my cardboard box.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 18:12:54

can you guys help me, Im leveling my hybrid warrior, its a warrior that uses restoriarion to heal himself ... what skill should I invest: smithing, alchemy or enchanting?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 18:35:16

There are still some skills that are really easy to level like in oblivion. You can just make a million iron daggers for smithing, spam illusion spells like muffle anywhere constantly, sneak attack the greybeards for sneak, and just block enemies with iron daggers or dwemer spider thingies for block and spam low cost summon spells for conjuration and talk to that guy in the black briar meadery for speech.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 18:44:43

At 12/8/11 06:35 PM, BumFodder wrote: spam low cost summon spells for conjuration

Conjuration doesn't increase unless the summoning is done in battle, I think.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 18:51:08

At 12/8/11 06:12 PM, Cap-Alvez wrote: can you guys help me, Im leveling my hybrid warrior, its a warrior that uses restoriarion to heal himself ... what skill should I invest: smithing, alchemy or enchanting?

Smithing is a warrior's skill, enchanting will let you enchant your armor so that restoration spells cost less. You should learn some ward spells while you're at it too, no need to heal when you don't take damage in the first place.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 19:44:39

At 12/8/11 06:44 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 12/8/11 06:35 PM, BumFodder wrote: spam low cost summon spells for conjuration
Conjuration doesn't increase unless the summoning is done in battle, I think.

I wasnt too sure about that, but I did remember that its easy to level enchanting by draining weapons quickly and then charging with petty gems.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 20:06:41

Are there enough levels that by the time you reach the cap, you can have every perk? I want to make my character a god among men, but i'm worried i'll end up missing a few perks.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 20:16:22

I want Spellbreaker, but I can not find a god damn flawless ruby. Pissin' me off.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 20:21:11

At 12/8/11 08:06 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: Are there enough levels that by the time you reach the cap, you can have every perk? I want to make my character a god among men, but i'm worried i'll end up missing a few perks.

Dont think so.

At 12/8/11 08:16 PM, hitman1993 wrote: I want Spellbreaker, but I can not find a god damn flawless ruby. Pissin' me off.

Gems are pretty common in those Nord burial urns. Its pretty easy to find flawless versions of any gem if you look in them all.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 20:42:01

At 12/8/11 06:44 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Conjuration doesn't increase unless the summoning is done in battle, I think.

Soul Trap on corpses can max it out in an hour.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 23:24:11

At 12/8/11 10:48 PM, Cootie wrote: I don't think either the Imperials or the Stormcloaks are lily white. They both have good and bad things going for them and that is the whole point of it. The Stormcloaks distrust the elves and are kind of racist, while the Empire represses religion and sucks the dick of the High Elves.

Yeah, nearly everyone goes for Stormcloaks first since the Empire kinda tries to chop your head off for no fucking reason, but one step into Windhelm tells you you might be fighting for the wrong cause. I thought my Dark Elf's service to Jarl Ulfric would change his mind about the Dunmer, but so far it hasn't happened :/

For my second playthrough I'll be doing Imperial... maybe dress in all black with an enchanted fire sword and pretend I'm Darth Vader. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 23:24:44

I haven't taken sides with either faction in the civil war as I want it to be the very last thing I do. But allow me to weigh in my issues with both sides here:

The Stormcloakes appear to be overly nationalistic assholes and after visiting the rebel capital it appears that their leader doesn't give a damn about the plight of the various minorities in his hold, also from reading one of the above posts the concept of killing the original jarl of whiterun is really fucked up since he's one of my favorite characters.

The Imperials operating under the white-gold concordant which ended the great war are now infringing upon the basic right to religion with the enforcement of their former enemies the Thalmor, basically collaborating with a group of racial supremacists do to their weakened position (Vichy France anybody?). And while I don't know the exact governmental structure the empire had I would assume that this crackdown of the Nords favorite religious figure is also undermining any level of autonomy Skyrim might have had.

And of courseSPOILER: reading the Thalmor journals in their embassy they seem to view the rebellion as an asset by keeping the empire weak while the Thalmor's own position in the region grows stronger. Though in the very last sentence in that entry it is specifically mentioned that if the rebellion succeeds that will also be an issue as well, and that the Dominion seems more interested in prolonging the conflict as long as possible than anything.

Well right then and there the Stormcloaks seem to have every right to launch an uprising for the sake of self government and religious freedom, but their ultra nationalistic tendencies seems to be their biggest flaw. Though this is true, one must remember that each of the holds seem to hold a significant degree of self rule from not only either of the two factions but also from each other. As a result, I can't really imagine Ulfric being able to promote any racist agenda he may have without the support of the Jarls, and with that said I would think that it is entirely possible that while one hold is segregationist the neighboring hold may be extremely diverse. Thus, my conclusion is nothing will go wrong entirly in Skyrim if the Stormcloaks take power so long as the Jarls that come to power as a result of the Stormcloak takeover are more moderate (though like I aid I haven't played far enough to see if they really had"

Another concern one might have with a successful stormcloak revolution is the possible destruction of the imperial remnants by the aldmeri dominion followed by the dominion marching into skyrim. Well from what I've read Hammerfell seemed to have been able to successfully drive them back on their own despite the empire abandoning them and I hear that place is just desert. I find it difficult to Imagine the dominion getting passed the massive mountains that surround skyrim let alone taking their cities if they couldn't even take hammerfell.

But then again, this is all just from the perspective of somebody who not only officially hasn't taken sides in the war yet, but hasn't played any other elder scrolls game other than Oblivion (which is soooooo much better than New Vegas by the way and they were released years apart)

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-08 23:25:25

At 12/8/11 10:48 PM, Cootie wrote: I don't think either the Imperials or the Stormcloaks are lily white. They both have good and bad things going for them and that is the whole point of it. The Stormcloaks distrust the elves and are kind of racist, while the Empire represses religion and sucks the dick of the High Elves.

While its true that the Empire isnt exactly the whitest shade, its definitely better than the Stormcloaks. The Empires surpression of the worship of Talos is notoriously lax, and everyone knows everyone else worships him secret according to in-game npcs. There arent really many other bad things that the empire are doing apart from the whole culture surression thing which obviously isnt working at all. Not to mention that it would probably create a domino theory scenario with every region getting unrest.

Id say the Stormcloaks are definitely worse. Theyre completely racist and Ulfric is clearly the bad guy if the backstory doesnt make it obvious enough.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-09 00:41:01

lol NERDS! Oh, who the fuck am I kidding...

I'm playing through on both sides. My main character, aDark Elf Rogue, is working on the Rebellion side and I'm just starting my new Orc heavy warrior on the imperials. As far as I'm concerned at this point, each side has it's ups and downs.

The Stormcloaks are semi-racist but it's not like they despise them, for instance, in the Gray quarter of Windhelm (the rebellion's capitol), they say that Ulfric does not hate them but is indifferent to their plight. Basically meaning that he doesn't care about them and will allow his people to treat them as well or as poorly as they want. Not an ideal situation but not one of terrible trouble. The Stormcloaks want their land restored to its people, they hate that the Imperials are stepping all over their rights and reminds me of the Confederacy of the American Civil War. They want their rights and be damned if some central government who impersonally dictates their lives FOR them tries to run the joint and tell them how to live and who to worship.

The Empire, on the other hand, is much like the Union. They want unity, they understand that if Skyrim breaks away from the empire than all the other dominions might attempt to do so as well and leave them vulnerable to attack by the Thalmor (which its really fucked up that they would win in a fight anyways, I mean, Bretons would kick the shit out of them with magic, Bretons have a resistance to magic and a big amount of Magicka while the High Elves have a weakness to ALL magic, I'd like to see how they stand against a troop full of Battle Mage Bretons). So they are trying to be fair but also need to bend in order to keep peace amongst all people, not just the Nords.

As for me, I think that if the Empire was better ruled, than a settlement could be reached between the Nords and the Imperials. I think that there are some ways in which the Empire could give the Nords more rights without heavy handidly opressing them or without irritating the Thalmor into action. Of course the Stormcloaks are a very proud people and wouldn't simply want to be lead by the nose with rights only for them never to come to fruition because of the Empire's fear of angering a foriegn force. So to be truthful, I'm on the side of the Stormcloaks, rights are very important and can't be stripped away merely to kiss the ass of the Thalmor. It's their land, some government from thousands of miles away has no right to simply walk all over its people like they understand the Nords' plight or people. But then again, Unity is also very important in turbulent times, sometimes sacrafices must be made, but perhaps the Stormcloaks fear those sacrafices to be permenant.

So which price is higher, Freedom or Union?

Epic History lesson, I have to tell my US History teacher about this. (she is never going to get it though)

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-09 07:42:03

All I know is that I'm in the Legion, and my favourite people to kill are Thalmor.

Fuck those guys.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-09 08:31:49

At 12/9/11 07:42 AM, Dromedary wrote: All I know is that I'm in the Legion, and my favourite people to kill are Thalmor.

Fuck those guys.

If the white-gold concordant is compromised and we all go back to war because of you I'm going to be sooooo pissed at you!

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-09 11:17:07

I'm just starting the Stormcloaks now, I'm not too bothered about what they want as this character is one without many morals, so killing innocents is fine by me, I just think it's fun doing all the battles.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-12-09 12:13:51

I finally bought a house that has mannequins and they're glitched. Whenever I put a piece of armor on them, that body part disappears. I can still get the armor back, but like if I put my helmet on the mannequin, the head will be invisible. Does this happen with anyone else?