00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Glass-Barnacle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,983 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-07-10 17:37:24

At 7/10/12 10:46 AM, SolidToad wrote: Holy shit, SPOILERS.

If you've done the quest that goes with the Aetherium Wars book, you'll know, but the Aetherial crown is obviously the best of the three items. TWO standing stone abilities?? Shit meng, that's worth it so hard for having no helmet.

I'm using the Lord Stone and then probably the Steed Stone or the Lover stone.

Go grab the Lover stone and one of the guardian stones. If my theory's right, they should stack.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-07-10 19:09:07

At 7/10/12 05:37 PM, Eddmario wrote:
At 7/10/12 10:46 AM, SolidToad wrote: Holy shit, SPOILERS.

If you've done the quest that goes with the Aetherium Wars book, you'll know, but the Aetherial crown is obviously the best of the three items. TWO standing stone abilities?? Shit meng, that's worth it so hard for having no helmet.

I'm using the Lord Stone and then probably the Steed Stone or the Lover stone.
Go grab the Lover stone and one of the guardian stones. If my theory's right, they should stack.

Wait... Say you're trying to power level smithing:

Equip the crown.
Get Warrior stone (20%)
Get Lover stone (15%)
Get Lover's Comfort from sleeping with your spouse (15%)

That's 55% skill increase bonus!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-07-10 19:30:09

At 7/10/12 07:09 PM, hitman1993 wrote: Wait... Say you're trying to power level smithing:

Equip the crown.
Get Warrior stone (20%)
Get Lover stone (15%)
Get Lover's Comfort from sleeping with your spouse (15%)

That's 55% skill increase bonus!

I KNOW RIGHT? I'm making an evil mage douche character and I need the Lord Stone to give me some Not-Die abilities, then the Lady Stone for when I'm a vampire :/

At least until I end the Sun.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-07-10 22:35:39

Finished main quest, killing Alduin.

Are any other quests as relevant or as engaging as the main one?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-07-11 04:47:07

At 7/10/12 10:35 PM, Slint wrote: Finished main quest, killing Alduin.

Are any other quests as relevant or as engaging as the main one?

No that's the end of the game you can't do anything else now just sell it.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-07-11 11:35:42

Oh Aela why can't you be real

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-07-11 16:39:22

At 7/6/12 02:56 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 7/6/12 02:51 PM, hitman1993 wrote:
Jimmies status: Rustled.
Oh man somebody said that to me once too. I mean, even though they don't know about the series so it's unfair to expect them to know, especially because everybody would refer to it as Oblivion or Skyrim, as opposed to saying it's full title.

Maximum Jimmies rustling.

I was talking to someone before Skyrim came out, and they said: "Did you know Oblivion 2 is coming out?"

There was much rustling that day.

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-07-25 00:02:11

I think the next DLC might be in Orisium where the Orcs live. Malacath could be involved.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-07-25 15:49:13

Patch 1.7 is coming. For PS3, 1.7 will have everything 1.6 had, including mounted combat (It's about damn time.) Also, Dawnguard came out exactly a month ago tomorrow, so it shouldn't be long until we see it on PS3 and PC. ALSO, apparently Zenimax filed a trademark for the phrase "Hearthfire" which is the same thing they did before Dawnguard was announced. You may also recognize Hearthfire as being a month in the Tamrielic calendar. This video sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IVdKNjOMew&feature=g-u-u

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-05 20:42:19

It's hilarious how much better every single DLC from Fallout 3 is far better than Dawnguard.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-05 21:05:34

At 8/5/12 08:10 PM, Strength wrote: okay i just bought this shit god damn i'm late but yeah.

played it multiple times at my boys house on his xbox, (i'm playing it on PC) had a high elf pure mage character, got him all the way up to like level 16

just created a dark elf (swag i know) and i plan on using a bunch of mods and cheats yuuuuuuuuuup

What kind of build are you going for? I could recommend some mods ya know.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-05 21:53:51

At 8/5/12 09:18 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
The only mod I use is the tobuscus sound mods. It just came out a few days ago I think.

I've heard of the mod and tobuscus before. Pretty funny, but not my kind of build I'm going with atm.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-05 22:08:02

At 8/5/12 08:42 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: It's hilarious how much better every single DLC from Fallout 3 is far better than Dawnguard.

I played Dawnguard for maybe 3 minutes. Most of the Skyrim quest were boring, IMO. The only quest I really enjoyed, and would consider memorable, was the main Markarth quest.

At 8/5/12 09:18 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 8/5/12 09:05 PM, mrpwnzer wrote:
At 8/5/12 08:10 PM, Strength wrote: okay i just bought this shit god damn i'm late but yeah.

played it multiple times at my boys house on his xbox, (i'm playing it on PC) had a high elf pure mage character, got him all the way up to like level 16

just created a dark elf (swag i know) and i plan on using a bunch of mods and cheats yuuuuuuuuuup
What kind of build are you going for? I could recommend some mods ya know.
The only mod I use is the tobuscus sound mods. It just came out a few days ago I think.

That sounds like one of the most annoying things ever. Tobuscus is obnoxious.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-09 16:55:17

Should I even bother getting Dawnguard when it's released on PS3? I'm absolutely bored of Skyrim and I think if I got Dawnguard that I would rush through the new questline and just put Skyrim away again until the next DLC. I know there's plenty of other things added, but I don't know if my interest in the game would be revived enough for me to even care.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-09 18:12:40

At 8/9/12 04:55 PM, hitman1993 wrote: Should I even bother getting Dawnguard when it's released on PS3? I'm absolutely bored of Skyrim and I think if I got Dawnguard that I would rush through the new questline and just put Skyrim away again until the next DLC. I know there's plenty of other things added, but I don't know if my interest in the game would be revived enough for me to even care.

It's not bad. I took my time enjoying the new sites and that totaled up to 13 hours. You get several neat things, the most notable one being that you get to become a vampire lord. There are also perk trees for the vampire lord and werewolf, crossbows, some new weapons and armor, new quests (even a great tribute to morrowind vets), a couple of new areas (both of which are pretty huge, though not shivering isles huge), 3 new shouts (though you only unlock 2, depending on what path you choose), a couple of new tracks, a couple of new enemies, and a new companion that's just adorable...okay companions because there are huskies. You can finally craft your own dragonbone weapons (and they looks pretty cool to). Compared to most of today's priced dlc, this one is actually good. There's actually enough content to change your gameplay. I'd definitely recommend starting this with a new character.

Is it enough to get you back into Skyrim however? It depends. I have the pc version so I've been modding on and off with it and I bought Dawnguard so I could get even more mods. It was a slightly disappointing in terms of content because they said that dlc for Skyrim would either be on par with the Shivering Isles or larger.

For you? I'd suggest to wait for a price drop. It's worth at least $15.

Although, it does have armored trolls.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-11 21:40:01

Welp, I've been fighting with a bug all day, and have literally run out of places to look for clues to get around it, so:

I'm playing the PC version, and currently trying to do the Imperial side of the civil war quests. I've been told to go to the camp in Winterhold and talk to Rikke for my next mission. The problem is that I've found Rikke, talked to her, and there's no option to start the next phase of the quest. I'm essentially stuck trying to report for duty, since there's no 'report for duty' option where there should be.

Has anyone else seen this bug? Did you fix it? How?
I've exhausted everything I can readily find online about this. It's a known issue, with no known apparent cause. I've tried reloading the game, waiting a few hours, going back to Tullius, freezing her solid, beating her up, setting a dragon on the camp, even screwing with the console IDs for the quest itself, all to no avail. The option to talk to her about what to do next just will not appear, no matter what I do.

(I'd trawl through this thread, but... 150 pages? Yeah... it's 2:30AM already here.)

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-11 22:57:40

At 8/11/12 09:40 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:

Seems like it was a common bug back in December. I'm assuming it's this quest?

Try using the console commands, fast travel somewhere else, then come back. It happened to me to and that worked, but that was because the old Unofficial Skyrim Patch broke a couple of quests.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-12 00:01:25

I found out in Dawnguard you can get two aedra items. I won't spoil the second item but the bow is Akatosh related.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-12 03:45:03

has anybody heard about dawngaurd for ps3?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-12 04:22:19

I just started playing! Holy crap this game is AMAZING. Words cannot describe. After watching Tobuscus on YouTube play after many episodes, I finally decided to give it a try. I didn't expect the atmosphere and gameplay to grab hold of me. I just discovered myself to be Dragonborn in Whiterun, and I now have Lydia as my companion. I think I spent 6 hours playing today.

So far, this game is already looking to be up there on my favorite games of all time list. It reminds me of Baldur's Gate on xbox, but so much more epic. To think how much voice acting was done...it eclipses what I used to think about GTA IV.

So, as I finish my quests in Whiterun, feel free to suggest things that may make my experience in the game better, of course without spoiling any thing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-12 06:42:26

At 8/12/12 03:45 AM, lukek386 wrote: has anybody heard about dawngaurd for ps3?

They said it's "not coming out for PS3 in the forseeable future" or something. :(

I don't know if I'd get Dawnguard now anyway, though. I think I've burned out Skyrim, since I can't force myself through more than 5 or 10 minutes of it on my third guy, and I don't know if it could get me hooked from the sound of things, everyone says it's just alrightish. I dunno but, the Falmer king and Aedric things you can get along with a couple other things make it sound really interesting.

Not like it matters until the PS3 actually gets it, though. :(

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-12 08:13:11

At 8/12/12 04:22 AM, TrantaLocked wrote:
So, as I finish my quests in Whiterun, feel free to suggest things that may make my experience in the game better, of course without spoiling any thing.

Ah to play this game again. Playing Skyrim for the first time is a wonderful experience.

I'd suggest to hold off on the enchanting and smithing skills. Doing those at least adds some challenge to Skyrim, but hey, be who you wanna be. Have some restrictions and go for it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-12 13:10:58

At 8/12/12 04:22 AM, TrantaLocked wrote: So, as I finish my quests in Whiterun, feel free to suggest things that may make my experience in the game better, of course without spoiling any thing.

Like the other guy said, try holding off on your smithing and enchanting stuff while you're at a low level, cause they take ages to level up after a bit and it gets really boring trying to.

Apart from that, I guess you could limit your guy to one way of fighting, that's usually pretty fun. Like if you're a wizard, then try to just use magic all the time. Or if your a warrior type guy, then hardly ever sneak around and try to not use magic. Or if you're a sneaky guy, just sneak around stabbing guys in the back. That should keep it pretty fresh.

Hope you have fun with it. :)

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-14 05:38:22

This game keeps getting better and better.

I think it was called "Skyroot," but I may be wrong. I was sent to find the Skyroot dagger guarded by witches on a large mountain, but half way up the mountain I still didn't know it was being guarded. In fact, I thought I would complete a cake walk mission to finish off my Skyrim session of the night. My first enemy was this BEASTLY ghost woman who could replicate herself and shoot ice balls. Arrows would not work on her. I kept trying to kill her at close range, but she would over power me every time. Now realize I did this without Lydia near by, as I apparently didn't care to summon her by walking into the nearby watchtower door that would teleport her to me to help. So, I finally decided to use as many of the dozens of potions I made as I could, including resistance to cold, magic, increased defense, increased stamina and increased two-handed weapon damage. I took my specially forged Companions Skyforge Greatsword and beat the living crap out of that ghost woman! Then, I discovered the mountain was SWARMING WITH WITCHES. Omg, these witches were annoying, and the main one was pretty ugly but quite powerful. I was able to slaughter most of them with my Greatsword while tabbing intermittently to replenish my health with potions as Lydia made easy work of the lesser witches at the base of the mountain. Then, I return to Whiterun and the lady wants me to do some thing else with this damn Skyroot dagger before the quest is over! She even said "oh, I did not expect you to return, but I am glad anyways. I don't want to touch that thing, please do this with it so I can relax here and watch you risk your life again."

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-15 15:04:31

At 8/14/12 05:38 AM, TrantaLocked wrote: This game keeps getting better and better.

dagger, witches, Whiterun, etc.

It's pretty obvious you're doing The Blessings of Nature and the dagger is called Nettlebane. How you got "Skyroot", I don't even know. So, I take it this is your first Elder Scrolls game? You should check out Oblivion whenever you can but please read up on it so you don't shit yourself when you see how insanely different from Skyrim it is. Also, seeing your posts makes me wish I was still in the days when I first got Skyrim and was thinking it was the greatest thing ever. That feeling wears off after you've done everything possible and you start to notice it's lacking in certain areas when compared to other recent games. You'd criticize it even more if you'd played the earlier Elder Scrolls titles. Personally, I think I'm starting to favor Oblivion. Well, have fun.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-15 16:19:23

At 8/15/12 03:04 PM, hitman1993 wrote: stuff

Stop shitting on his first experience. Let him figure things out on his own. You're such a negative nancy.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-16 05:21:05

At 8/16/12 03:06 AM, Xenomit wrote: Am I the only person here that does quests for people, only to go to their house and take next to everything, then sell it all and make a few hundred gold?

Probably, that sounds like far too much effort.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-16 12:03:31

At 8/15/12 04:19 PM, SolidToad wrote:
At 8/15/12 03:04 PM, hitman1993 wrote: stuff
Stop shitting on his first experience. Let him figure things out on his own. You're such a negative nancy.

Woah dude, he did nothing of the sort.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-28 13:01:24

ttp://youtu.be/TvhQZoyZn1gA minor DLC for Xbox called Hearthfire in which you can build your own home. It comes out on the 4th

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-08-28 13:02:53

At 8/28/12 01:01 PM, ToddM wrote: ttp://youtu.be/TvhQZoyZn1gA minor DLC for Xbox called Hearthfire in which you can build your own home. It comes out on the 4th.

Crap the link is dead. Can someone else put the trailer up?

BBS Signature