00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zaetalos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How To: 64-bit Ie With Flash Plugin

371 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Many of us now have 64-bit Operating systems in this day and age, and unfortunately 90% of these same people are browing in 32-bit because Adobe has refused to release an actual Flash plugin for 32-bit systems. IE will simply revert to 32-bit automatically, so you may think you're browsing in 64, but if you've got Flash content and you haven't downloaded Square - then you're in 32-bit.

I've finally got it to work for IE and Google was of no help at all, so I figured I'd post a write-up on what worked for me. Installing it alone did not work for me...

If you want to browse the internet in the full capacity of your computers speed, then you can download and install this beta version of Flash plug-in called 'Square'. I'm not responsible for any glitches and issues you run into, lol...although I doubt you could do much damage with just a Flash plug-in xD

1. Uninstall all versions of Adobe Flash Player. All of them.

2. Download 'Square' (adobe's 64-bit beta version of Flash player) [Square can be found here.] Make sure you read which one you're downloading. I couldn't get the one to work for other browsers, so I'm only vouching for IE.

3. Open your 64-bit IE. If you're not sure if you're running 64-bit or 32-bit IE, click the Help question mark, and click "About Internet Explorer." It will say 64-bit if you're running the 64-bit browser.

Just navigate to some Flash ;) Now you can browse at the full speed potential of your 64-bit computer! AND watch some Flash content =)

There's also a download for other browsers - I couldn't get it to work in Minefield so if you want to try that you're on your own. Chrome wasn't released in 64-bit for Windows :( Safari, Minefield, and IE are all I know of right now.

Any extra information on this would be greatly appreciated however.

Sorry if this doesn't fit the Wi/Ht forum, but posting this in General would be a joke. I mean, it is how to install flash player in a faster browser...pretty related to NG. What's better than browsing Flash faster? ;)

How To: 64-bit Ie With Flash Plugin

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature