00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ironbrandon22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Joint

47,781 Views | 1,020 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 16:52:49

sure, you can be in the club. me and mineworker are working on some more structure to the club, and will have some soon. for now just suggest your audio, review other audio, post audio program reviews, etc. I'd check out your material now but i have to be at work at 6 and i still have a shitload of homework, heh.

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 16:54:35

Currently I have a dillema. Is there some secret way to convert .WMA files to .WAV.

There is... its a WMA to WAV converter.

http://www.audio-video.ws/

or check downloads.com

they do exist and you can get decent trial ones to complete your music collection convertion

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 16:55:13

mineworker, use windows media player to rip the tracks off of a cd.

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 16:58:49

Thanks guys...If download.com helps me out then I should have Tech One up sometime...

DONT USE THE ORANGE_ENCODER...IT SUCKS

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 16:59:49

Media player... oh yer...

That works a treat, especialy if you have a fast PC. Very good quality etc.

Just to ask... does anyone here still use E-Jay or Cakewalks?

I use them two programs along with recording abilities and different file converters to make my music. I play guitar very well and plug them into my computer for music... but im bored with cakewalk style and quality... and need some good drum beats.

any surgestions?

E-Jay rules!

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 17:10:37

Ok I keep hearing aboot E-Jay..where can i get this from for future reference...if its for recording i may not be ale to use it beacause I still have tons of trouble tuning my drum kit. But if you have any info on either subjects its greatly needed.

Thanks,
Caleb

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 17:17:12

I got my E jay free when i opend my bank acount in the netherlands... yes odd i know... but hey i got a limited edition E Jay thats great!

other wise go to e jay. com or what ever thier site is... you can get downloads for free trials. i have tried it once.

Ok im logging off for the night but i leave you with a question/proposition.

Hows about a NG Jam ... for audio guys like us?

Bit of collaboration?

maybe we do a section each of different styles and try to combine them?

I know ive been wanting to collaborate for a while.

Lets see if we can get the attention of the Flash artists!

Contact me if you think its a good idea or have ideas...

mctwit@hotmail.com
im willing to use my PC to store and bring together the music (V-Big PC) :D

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 17:21:14

Great! Thats what I wanted to hear...collabration. But we need to develop some system for Reviesw and Collabration. To keep them seperate somehow. My self will contribute some drum shit when I get it. Only beeing a drummer for four years I hope we have a more expirienced percussionist join us.

Ask me directly if you need drum shit desperatly, but i will come out with some random stuff shortly.

Caleb

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 17:24:44

i can make really nifty drum beats with my keyboard.

a colaboration (sp) sounds like it would be a great idea, hopefully if we can get more members and a bit of teamwork, its not far off in the horizon.

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 17:30:05

BTW: Remember to mention if you want synthesis drums or the real thing...I know many of us can synth but i want some more percussionist for drum recording.

Ohh and as if you didnt know:

GO TO www.mxtabs.net I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT TABLATURE SITE!!!

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 18:03:32

Ok guys we need more members. If you have any audio portal friends...bring them here.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 18:52:05

The NG department of defense supports this club, Minworker68 your rank is Reviewer*, you can review on anything, from bbs post to games to audio submissions. i'll join this club.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-15 23:24:17

say what now?

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 01:31:47

At 4/15/04 11:24 PM, WelcomeToLife wrote: say what now?

I think it is another club that try's to help out other clubs.

I might be wrong though, I myself only join a few clubs, and only if I really want to join and like them, and even then there are only a few clubs I keep going to, and you sirs are lucky, because this is one of them.

Also, I have heard a lot of songs made in E-Jay, from what I can hear from all the different songs and from what other people have told me, it is a very easy program to use, but it doesn't offer much in the way of makine a different sounding song, seeing as it is a bunch of loops that you through ontop of one another.

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 03:04:10

BUMP!
WTF!?
POST POST POST POST POST!!!!!
We need more members!
What the fuck is wrong with people, do they not like music?

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 06:06:55

More members will help... although i dont know anyone else on NG :p

As for E Jay... yes it is rather simple to use and you could pull out a song in an hour... but if you really master it you can pull off some superbe stuff (check out my music) My music on NG is all E Jay and a lot of the stuff i have to put up is from E Jay allthough im moving into live recording of my guitars now (more fun but more difficult)

so if anyone wants help with e jay.. some custom loops for it or anything like that, Im the man :D

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 06:34:24

At 4/16/04 06:06 AM, i_want_to_explode wrote: More members will help... although i dont know anyone else on NG :p

The only way is to keep on posting, you will get to be online friends with a lot of people, which helps a lot, take a look at all the reviews for my music.

As for me, I am sticking to Fruity Loops, I like the complex programs that you have to put a lot of time into.
After I go to the mall once I wake up to see some of my friends, I will probably work on a new song.

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 08:59:00

Fruity loops issnt free is it? Do you know where i can get a trail version of it to download as it sounds good.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 09:24:44

At 4/16/04 08:59 AM, i_want_to_explode wrote: Fruity loops issnt free is it? Do you know where i can get a trail version of it to download as it sounds good.

http://www.fruityloops.com/
The Version I use is the pro version which costs 150 bucks, but you could still make good music with the free trail, you can export all your songs to wavs or mp3s but with the trial you don't get all the software and you can't save the song to update later, but again you can still export it.

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 10:17:00

Thanks for that. Ill check it out and let you know how i find it

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 10:21:42

The audio portal does not get enough respect. Good Job you guys.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 12:50:25

Too right...

as much as i belive that the Audio portal is a seperate entitiy in its own right i belive that it should be made in the same way as the Flash Portal. With that comes familiarit and support. Its part of NG and a damn big part of it! It needs more credit.

Also a good Blam/Protect system is needed for Audio like in Flash

Lets hope this new look for NG improves it.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 12:52:51

I'll join. I'm always looking for ways to promote my audio, I really want to know what people think about it.

I use Beat2000, an old program with pre-programmed sounds which you can mix as much as you want. I have 10 submissions already, and I have some more up my sleeve.

So, what else does this club do except listening to music members made?

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 16:05:07

So you want a BLAM/PROTECT for Audio...Great idea guys...hmm.

We need to compile a letter to send to Tom, or whos in charge of the Audio Portal, just to see what they think. If they cant help us we can post what we want to "Blam" and Go from there...maybe like mass voting on Audio or something...Give more ideas...

Caleb

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 17:32:28

At 4/16/04 12:52 PM, Feelfree wrote:

I use Beat2000,

Hmm i havent herd of that one.
Where can we see it and get it from?

Also... another quick idea... how about someone talking to every memeber here... and finding out all the music software we use... and putting a mark out of 10 for each wiht a link to the site it can be found at.. sort of a quick reference guide.

And in responce to the audio blaming etc... im up for putting a letter together to tom/who ever runs audio.. then sending it to everyone else for reading/rewriting. Just give us the go and ill see what i can do this weekend.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 17:39:42

At 4/16/04 05:32 PM, i_want_to_explode wrote:
At 4/16/04 12:52 PM, Feelfree wrote:

Just give us the go and ill see what i can do this weekend.

You have it. Good luck. And if you need help of any member just ask.

I'll look for a good place to have a review site...but Im not web site guru...If any of you are then I'll gladly hand that job over to you.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 18:22:18

OK i just downloaded Fruity loops and gave it a test... looks very imposing and complicated at first but after half an hour its suprisingly simple and so increadably versitle. you have total control. I recomend this one.. theres so much possibility... tempted to buy!

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 18:35:04

Ok ppl, Im looking for a free web page or forum so we can develop our club...if any of you have free domains or anything, inform me. All I can use are these shitty free sites like Tripod...

Caleb

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 19:26:12

Heres my shitty atempt at a website:

http://www.geocities.com/mineworker68/

Try it out, leave comments.

Response to Audio Joint 2004-04-16 20:05:58

And heres our official forum

http://audiojoint.hyperboards.com/index.cgi

Register!