00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why cant you submit photos

512 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why cant you submit photos 2010-12-02 20:02:46

Hello I am wondering why you can't submit photos to the art portal.

Response to Why cant you submit photos 2010-12-02 20:13:53

Do you think it is strange to disregard the processing and developing of photos along with the dark room manipulation which isn't considered hand made? Not to mention the hand work of using a manual camera's focus and F stops artistically. Digital art (which is the same field as photography) is significantly done by technology and it is widely accepted on the art portal while the cameras ability to capture the photo is a minuscule part of creating a print.

Response to Why cant you submit photos 2010-12-02 20:47:21

maybe 8-)

Response to Why cant you submit photos 2010-12-02 21:05:09

There was a thread like this when the Art portal was first unveiled, in which Bob explained it pretty clearly. Unfortunately, the searchbar's being a huge piece of shit and refusing to find said thread, so here's a summary instead:

Newgrounds is a flash site. The other aspects of Newgrounds besides the Flash portal are fun in themselves, but ultimately they were implemented to help people find resources for making better flashes (read: royalty-free audio; collab organisation via the forums, etc.). The art portal was, and still is, no exception: It's purpose was to identify people with artistic talent, and make them known to flash artists who wanted some good background art or related still images for their flashes.

Since photographs are almost never used in flash games / movies, there was little to no point in allowing photography in the Art portal in the first place. The one or two times it would've likely proved useful to someone simply wasn't worth allowing in the huge number of pictures of random shit people do with their cameras while drunk / stoned / bored off their tits.

If anyone knows where that damn thread went, I'd love to have a link back to it.

Response to Why cant you submit photos 2010-12-02 21:25:21

At 12/2/10 09:05 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: There was a thread like this when the Art portal was first unveiled, in which Bob explained it pretty clearly. Unfortunately, the searchbar's being a huge piece of shit and refusing to find said thread, so here's a summary instead:
If anyone knows where that damn thread went, I'd love to have a link back to it.

the closest thing I can think of is the Art Portal Q&A thread but bob never posted in it.

if you know what you're looking for, I'd highly recommend a google advanced search, put "newgrounds.com/bbs" in the "site" section.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Why cant you submit photos 2010-12-02 21:39:11

At 12/2/10 09:25 PM, Malachy wrote: if you know what you're looking for, I'd highly recommend a google advanced search, put "newgrounds.com/bbs" in the "site" section.

Note to self: if searchbars aren't working the first time, try harder.

It was right there in Bob's recent post history. I didn't even need Google. >_<!
Oh well, at least I now have a link to all the other reasons I forgot about him mentioning, too.