00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Title "9/5/07", has potential

445 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Title "9/5/07", has potential 2010-10-15 12:33:17

"This little life of mine, I'm going [to] let it die, let it die, let it die" giggled the small children as they skipped rope on the dry earth. They were careful getting home making sure that they didn't get caught by a soul. It was forbidden to leave the reserve and everyone knew it but the only one who were rebels enough to leave that reserve where the ones that didn't understand the consequences, death. After returning they waved their goodbyes as the small children separated into their houses. No one knew or wanted to know what was out of their city, their reserve but it was all they knew, they couldn't leave it.
Time progressed as more and more deadly diseases scoured the land killing plants, creating more health problems if not for the daily recommended vaccines and medication the people of that fair city would be long past dead. The city had no leader like they had no crime or no food, there was no use putting the energy into something not worth effort. The government was their lifeline, their only means of medication, food, and leadership. With each passing day there was better and worse news on the radios, more diseases found and more pills to cure it for the time being.
The loud, this provided, one sided, safe, ignorant world wasn't always this way. The war devastated every country to the point of poverty. "An eye for an eye left the whole blind" was the best description for that senseless war. Every country fell in, almost like dominoes till each [country] caught in the war zone was rubble and blood. All wasn't lost, the government stepped in and ended the war, along with the earth's life.
Now all we have to our name as Americans is the dead gray dried up lands of the countries that fell. The world is old and it's close to the end, if there was such an end. So along with the earth we as people are falling too. If it wasn't for our government that put cities on "biohazard" lockdown and constant stream of pills and vaccines we as a race would have fallen along time ago. It's 2100 and we are the last before this whole as an existence falls into darkness.

Response to Title "9/5/07", has potential 2010-10-15 14:10:48

Interesting concept, Only a few grammatical and formatting errors. Good job, keep going.

Response to Title "9/5/07", has potential 2010-10-25 21:13:39

Thanks for the insight, I kinda did a copy and paste on this one. It is so old felt it would be more insulting to change it lolz

Response to Title "9/5/07", has potential 2010-10-26 10:07:44

I must admit, the first line REALLY caught my attention, but the wall of text did not. If you format it correctly, you'll definitely have something here.