00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Iblok just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you use your tablet buttons?

672 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-10 21:32:16

Do you use them? personally, I think they're pretty useless because it feels awkward when I'm drawing. I have a intuos 3, so I have like 10 of them. I guess I'm more accustomed to the keyboard. What about you?

I am always right and

BBS Signature

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-11 03:10:35

nope, never use them. too lazy to remember what they are shortcuts for

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-11 04:32:24

I don't have any buttons on the pad part but I always use the buttons on the pen, they're set to double-click and right-click. I would probably use the keyboard over buttons on the tablet pad though.

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-11 07:27:29

oh, I do use them!
FN1 = start up Flash
FN2 = start up Maya

the arrows are just forward and back, en I use the touch-ring to scroll and zoom

Do you use your tablet buttons?

to Ben or not to Ben

YouTube

Wordpress Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-11 15:22:11

The Buttons on the pen, I highly unrecommend it, because when I'm drawing, and I accidently squeeze my pen, I sometimes accidently press a button, and that causes it to double click, and stops the line. It's VERY ANNOYING.

I am always right and

BBS Signature

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-11 15:44:10

Actually...I sometimes do a lot of right clicking in a movie. Like when using tweens. So I tend to use the buttons on the pen quiet often.
Well....1 button.

For the rest they could get rid of all that stupid fancy shit and use it for more drawing space.

I regret spending my money on this Bamboo piece of shit.

WHAT KIND OF FUCKING RETARDED NAME IS BAMBOO ANYWAY?!

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-11 17:49:33

I agree, Wacom should get rid of the buttons, and mark their products at a lower price. Like the intuos 4 has those LED screens and shit, and if we just remove them, we could save at least 50 bucks, and with that money, they could improve, maybe the calibration etc... Buttons are a waste.

I am always right and

BBS Signature

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-11 18:04:41

At 10/11/10 03:22 PM, Davidiot wrote: The Buttons on the pen, I highly unrecommend it, because when I'm drawing, and I accidently squeeze my pen, I sometimes accidently press a button, and that causes it to double click, and stops the line. It's VERY ANNOYING.

why ? are pretty useful i use to right click and left click

Youtube

DeviantArt

animation ...

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-11 20:23:59

Somewhat. Left slide thing I use as scroll up/down (for whatever reason flash only has a horizontal scroll). I have all the buttons on the left side used as frame creators and one opens library.

I don't use those much but I do use the ones on the pen. I have those two set as ctrl+Z (undo) and right click.

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-12 01:26:40

Yeah, but the buttons on the pen are spaced so awkward. The bottom one is so close to the normal grip, so that you might accidently press it, and disrupt the line that you were drawing, and the top one is spaced to high up, so that you have to stop, slide your finger up awkwardly, press the button, and slide down, when you can just use your left hand to press a key to do the exact same command.

I am always right and

BBS Signature

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-12 11:24:08

Nope, I did use them for a while but now I just have one hand on my keyboard.
It's just so stupid that Flash and Photoshop have such different shortcuts for the same things...

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-12 13:31:15

I use the pen buttons for Right Click and Scrolling.

Unlike most of you, I do use my tablet's buttons.
Not all of them, but some.
I really just have them set up for different undos and (I think) one is set up to run a monitor switch script so my tablet won't be mapped to 2 monitors, but only the one I'm working on.
Quite handy.

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-12 15:15:52

nope, never use them. too lazy to remember what they are shortcuts for

cop

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-12 20:47:30

I agree with Wolfos, I don't understand why Flash doesn't have shortcut keys for change brush size( in Photoshop, you can just click control I think, and scroll up or down). Also, it would be extremely useful if there was a shortcut to change brush settings, such as paint above, baint normal, and paint under.

I am always right and

BBS Signature

Response to Do you use your tablet buttons? 2010-10-16 10:46:21

Never used them on my bamboo, but can't NOT use them with the cintiq.