00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mihaithecool just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animations von Brettamatowski

839 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-09-15 21:30:15

Heyo, every bunny.

Figured I'd mix it up and post in this forum aside from the Art forum. I've got some animation test here and possibly I'll be dumping some WIPs of my larger works later on.

Practice_Jump
Practice_Run
Jace_HeadRef

Enjoy, loves.

Photographer - Digital Painter - Game Designer - Hawt Seckser

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-09-15 21:55:05

At 9/15/10 09:30 PM, brettamatowski wrote: Heyo, every bunny.

Figured I'd mix it up and post in this forum aside from the Art forum. I've got some animation test here and possibly I'll be dumping some WIPs of my larger works later on.
Practice_Run

I really like this, mainly because of the turtle, the animation quality is nice though too.

BBS Signature

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-09-15 22:34:12

Those are really good. The only one that doesn't seem right is the jump. When he goes into that last falling pose he should start falling faster than he does, then he should hit the ground with the same speed that he took off the ground with. The drawings are really good in all of them.

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-09-16 02:55:07

At 9/15/10 09:30 PM, brettamatowski wrote: Heyo, every bunny.

Practice_Jump
Practice_Run
Jace_HeadRef

Enjoy, loves.

I particularly enjoyed the turtle run, and the head reference was really nicely drawn.

However, the jump was very awkward. I feel the main problem was that he stayed in the air far too long, and didn't hit the ground with much force, as the character stayed far too static.

I would suggest that when he lands, animate his knees bending to get the feel of a real impact. Also, have only 2 or 3 frames inbetween mid air and landing. It will give the animation a real sense of weight.

Loving the other ones though :)

What a good looking mirror.

BBS Signature

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-09-18 18:08:55

I agree about the jump. I was mainly focuses on speed of transitional appendages and how they "stretch" to another action quickly. That was the first animation I've done since three months ago. I've been animating for nearly 3 years now. Thought I'd get back into it.

I plan on making an animated graphic novel soon, so be on the lookout for that. :)

Also, join my forum for more updates if you'd like.
Serverus Games Forum

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-10-01 02:59:48

A little something I started today. I think I'll continue the rest of the animations and eventually create a Flash Halo game.

Heh?

Halo Characters

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-10-01 03:33:36

At 10/1/10 02:59 AM, brettamatowski wrote: A little something I started today. I think I'll continue the rest of the animations and eventually create a Flash Halo game.

You've drawn the parts of the character well but the proportions are wrong. I think if the legs were 1.5x bigger it'd be good. It would also make the animation better if his body didn't remain upright the whole time but if he leant forwards and then back up with the walk cycle.

I think you need to add some more frames into the run cycle, he kicks back a bit too fast. Also halo characters are copyrighted so you wouldn't be able to get the game sponsored (legally).

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-10-01 17:20:46

At 10/1/10 03:33 AM, CloudEater wrote: I think you need to add some more frames into the run cycle, he kicks back a bit too fast. Also halo characters are copyrighted so you wouldn't be able to get the game sponsored (legally).

Oh I know it's copyrighted. And there's so many other Halo parodies out there that I'm not even worried about it. Proportions are how I want them and same with the animation. I know that he kicks back fast, also meaning he lunges forward faster.

No biggy.

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-12-22 20:39:50

New game concept.
Some character designs for my new game, Firefly.

Firefly Character Designs

Let me know what you think.

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-12-22 21:40:24

If you can't see the characters, maybe this will help.

Firefly Update

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-12-22 22:25:08

i think the weight transfer on your animations is what i'd concentrate most on. The run loops in most of them feel a bit stiff and floaty. Particularly the halo ones. You'd have to figure that armor weighs quite a bit so having alot harsher bounces would make it feel more lifelike and less puppety.

I think the jump in the first post of yours was pretty cool. i think it just had a bit more recoil and weight transfer while' hes in the air itd feel alot more dynamic. The blurring and stretching is working well, maybe incorporate more of that weight to your firefly jumping sprite?

cool work so far. I like how all of these practices are all different. You have good variety

None

BBS Signature

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2010-12-22 22:36:45

Hey Luis, thanks for the feedback.

I see what you mean about weight. That's one of the things I still need to work on. I'm glad you stumbled in here to see some of my work. A lot of it is old... I'll update more soon!

Cheers.

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2011-05-24 02:22:46

Hey guys, long time no see. Been in the Art Forum mostly. Also, been working on a game for awhile. Here's a little preview of what it will look like.

Spectrum Soldier Sample

Response to Animations von Brettamatowski 2011-05-29 20:31:03

New logo for my development company.

Serverus Games
2011 Serverus Games Logo