00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoJoshke just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Noob As3 Problem... Error 5001

2,059 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Noob As3 Problem... Error 5001 2010-08-03 04:01:18

Sorry to bother you guys with a noob problem like this.

Apparently, Adobe Flash CS3 is telling me that the package I defined "does not reflect the location of the file". RRRRRRRRRage

The program consists of two parts, an .fla, and an .as, which are located in a folder named ListenerTest, which is in turn, located in Exp, located in Flash, located on my C:.

Both files are located in: (C:/Flash/Exp/ListenerTest)

What should I name my package so that this error doesn't show up?

ambition and procrastination don't mix

Response to Noob As3 Problem... Error 5001 2010-08-03 04:07:36

At 8/3/10 04:01 AM, The-One-Banana wrote: Sorry to bother you guys with a noob problem like this.

Apparently, Adobe Flash CS3 is telling me that the package I defined "does not reflect the location of the file". RRRRRRRRRage

The program consists of two parts, an .fla, and an .as, which are located in a folder named ListenerTest, which is in turn, located in Exp, located in Flash, located on my C:.

Both files are located in: (C:/Flash/Exp/ListenerTest)

What should I name my package so that this error doesn't show up?

If both files are in the same folder you don't need to name your package anything.

pacakge {
     public class Test extends Sprite {
          public function Test(){
          }
     }
}

Response to Noob As3 Problem... Error 5001 2010-08-03 04:10:47

At 8/3/10 04:07 AM, Marsume wrote: If both files are in the same folder you don't need to name your package anything.

Wow, I am actually crying at this... I spent twenty minutes fiddling with the names, lol.

Thanks for your quick reply! If it wasn't for you, who knows how much time I'd waste.

ambition and procrastination don't mix

Response to Noob As3 Problem... Error 5001 2010-08-03 04:11:28

the package represents the folder structure where your .as file is located.
The difference to a normal path is, that you do not start with the drive letter, but with the root directory that you set up as your "classpath".