00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DecoQliao just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$)

6,516 Views | 92 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-26 23:21:35

Pyroscape - The Collab
This is a collab celebrating the Pyroscape series. The idea for the collab is for people to create mini games representing the style of Pyroscape games.

Here you can see the games that in total won 3 awards:

There won't be a limit to slots as we will put as many mini games in as we can. There will be prizes, but not normal prizes:

Individually or in teams make a mini game... that mini game you sent it to user "MonoFlauta", then, the creators of Pyroscape: Nick, Fro and MonoFlauta will select the best three mini games.

First Place: 40% of the money we get with MochiAds (distributes to each member if it is a team)
Second Place: 20% of the money we get with MochiAds (distributes to each member if it is a team)
Third Place: 10% of the money we get with MochiAds (distributes to each member if it is a team)

PS: MonoFlauta, Nick, and Fro's mini game or games will not be eligible to win these

Co-authored will be:
MonoFlauta, Nick and Fro (for making the menu and a special mini game)
And then in order until the spots are full: First Place, Second Place, Third Place, Fourth Place, etc. (We'll vote on the best)

Information:
-White background
-AS2
-640x480 (Original size for Pyroscape games)
-Needs to be like Pyroscape ones
-You will have to create a 300x200 mini image for you game (will be in the menu)
-No nudity, racist comments, or anything similar like that (sexual jokes and vulgarity is allowed though)
-Needs to be funny
-When you export it into a .swf size should be under 3MB, remember it's a mini game.
-Send it to MonoFlauta
If you have any question you can ask here or pm MonoFlauta or Fro.
Also here you got a free stuff from Pyroscape series if you want to use them:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CYRKU9F8
(We prefer if you make your stuff but feel free to use these :P)

We will upload also more stuff later and we hope you join!

UPLOAD DATE: Same as Pyroscape 3, the deadline to send your game will be decided later. For now we'll say 3 weeks.

Thanks to everyone! And sorry for my English :P
Best Regars,
MonoFlauta

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 11:38:44

Count me in nukka!

|Add me on XBL| My flash's|Thanks to SupraAddict for the awesome sig!

BBS Signature

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 11:52:44

So what kind of voices do you need? I can't make flashes, conduct music, or draw. If you need a bit younger male voice I'm good. I has no experience though.

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 12:02:31

At 7/27/10 11:52 AM, Duckchef wrote: So what kind of voices do you need? I can't make flashes, conduct music, or draw. If you need a bit younger male voice I'm good. I has no experience though.

eh? no, people that wants to make a mini game with someone or alone... dont care how will recieve that prize, but i will make my own minigame with fro and nick and we will put everyones and mine in one flash... so if you cant make flash games and you dont get a programmer to make team, sorry but you cant be in

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 12:40:32

I am interested in participating in this work, I'll try to make some mini-game!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 12:52:39

At 7/27/10 12:40 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: I am interested in participating in this work, I'll try to make some mini-game!

oh great... give me news when you can :D

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 13:18:05

At 7/27/10 11:52 AM, Duckchef wrote: So what kind of voices do you need? I can't make flashes, conduct music, or draw. If you need a bit younger male voice I'm good. I has no experience though.

Just find someone that needs voices. Perhaps one of the people in this thread that is creating a game will need some voices of some sort. It won't be necessary though as I'm sure many other voice actors will come along and if they don't I can voice act in most of the submissions if a voice is required.

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 14:22:41

oh sorry sorry sorry I FORGET THE FPS PER SECOND, THEY ARE 30 FPS PER SECOND

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 15:53:40

Ok, as I work with you coding on another projects, why I don't will work with you on this one? I'm in!
SpyS.

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 16:00:08

NEWS

More members:
We have now 3 more members... at least that give us a total of 4 games but people can make more that one game so great

DEMO of our Mini Game:
Here you got a demo of our mini game: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1d8e 4c02df02ae2449cf6bccec6fe93c. Still needing some improves, will have music, backgrounds and some more music stuff... anyway... this will not be our only game

More for YOUR mini game!:
We can add it leaderboards if you want, just contact me and we will add them when you got your game finished.

FOR EVERYONE WHO IS IN:
Please put our your library files in a folder with your NG user name and please put all your game in a movie clip!

Thanks everyone! if you have any question ask here!

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 16:46:01

Count me in for the art please i will do u some nice ones

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 16:51:39

At 7/27/10 04:46 PM, vogxhamraks wrote: Count me in for the art please i will do u some nice ones

Mmm great... just try to get programmmers that need artist

PS:

THE MINI IMAGES OF YOUR GAME SHOULD BE NOW 100x150, SORRY FOR THE CHANGE

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 18:58:17

I join! i will make a game!

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 19:50:07

At 7/27/10 06:58 PM, dragonroargames wrote: I join! i will make a game!

great!

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-27 23:55:44

Catch me fire if you can, the first mini game, it is done, just left to add the leaderboard and thats all... hope to see news from your ones... you got time anyway! its that i had the afternoon free :P

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-28 06:32:10

here's a little preview of the game
---------
-short story-

after "nick" and "fro" have defeated the giant fire in the second episode go away from the collage and return to the city where a giant monster that is destroying, the heroes manage to save the city?
---------

BBS Signature

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-28 11:49:48

At 7/27/10 11:55 PM, MonoFlauta wrote: Catch me fire if you can, the first mini game, it is done, just left to add the leaderboard and thats all... hope to see news from your ones... you got time anyway! its that i had the afternoon free :P

It's really looking good. I think I will create a quiz game where if you don't get the answer right then either Fro or Nick catches on fire. I also think I'll make a mini game where you can choose your own adventure or something such as that.

At 7/28/10 06:32 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: here's a little preview of the game

It's looking really awesome!

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-28 11:59:09

At 7/28/10 06:32 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: here's a little preview of the game
---------
-short story-

after "nick" and "fro" have defeated the giant fire in the second episode go away from the collage and return to the city where a giant monster that is destroying, the heroes manage to save the city?
---------

Great! its looks really awesome! Keep the good work! :D

At 7/28/10 11:49 AM, Fro wrote: It's really looking good. I think I will create a quiz game where if you don't get the answer right then either Fro or Nick catches on fire. I also think I'll make a mini game where you can choose your own adventure or something such as that.

Good, we need to make as many minigames as we can

Remember everyone that if you need to add a leaderboard just contact me!

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-28 15:35:22

By the way we forgot to mention this as well. You can't use anything copyrighted such as sprites from video games or music from video games. So make sure that you are using the resources that we supplied to you or make your own/use other free stuff. Keep track of anything you find in the audio portal so we can credit it properly as well.

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-28 17:06:53

A recommendation to everyone:

Remember that your game will be in a movie clip so

instead using _root when you are going to make for example
_root.gotoAndStop(1);
put like this
_root.minigame.gotoAndStop(1);

Dont worry in the case of variables, they can be saved in the _root. because there will not be for example two games at same time

Thanks Everyone!

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-28 18:51:22

Just started my Pyroscape Quiz for the collab. Some of the questions are hard enough that I had to go back and play the games again just to find the answers. :P

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-28 19:17:10

At 7/28/10 06:51 PM, Fro wrote: Just started my Pyroscape Quiz for the collab. Some of the questions are hard enough that I had to go back and play the games again just to find the answers. :P

Great send it to me when you finish it and make an image 100x150 of your game and well send it too to me

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-28 21:01:25

At 7/28/10 07:17 PM, MonoFlauta wrote:
At 7/28/10 06:51 PM, Fro wrote: Just started my Pyroscape Quiz for the collab. Some of the questions are hard enough that I had to go back and play the games again just to find the answers. :P
Great send it to me when you finish it and make an image 100x150 of your game and well send it too to me

And I sent it to you. I had a few problems, but I'm assuming you'll know how to fix them because you tend to fix all of the problems that I ever create in flash. :P Now I'm off to create my 100x150 for you and then when I have time I'll start a mini choose your own adventure type game.

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-28 23:18:22

Well now we have two games added... hope to get at least 10!

Good luck everyone and hope to see more news :D

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-29 06:04:36

my game is almost complete, after this I think I will create another game!

BBS Signature

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-29 09:28:07

At 7/29/10 06:04 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: my game is almost complete, after this I think I will create another game!

It's looking great man. You are doing everything at 30 fps right? I would hate to see you get this far through and not be using the right fps. :P

At 7/28/10 11:18 PM, MonoFlauta wrote: Well now we have two games added... hope to get at least 10!

Do you plan on doing like three games? I plan on doing two games, ugolegend94 is going to do two he says, and all Spy would have to do is three and I think he plans on doing at least two. I think we'll have at least 10 for sure.

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-29 11:12:21

At 7/29/10 06:04 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: my game is almost complete, after this I think I will create another game!

Awesome! when you finish it please pm me with the .fla and also show an .swf here in the topic so people can see it (if you want the last part, but the first one its neccesary so i can put it in the collab :P)

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-29 13:47:16

At 7/29/10 09:28 AM, Fro wrote:
It's looking great man. You are doing everything at 30 fps right? I would hate to see you get this far through and not be using the right fps. :P

in reality the game is very simple, do not expect a masterpiece, however I checked and everything is right (30 fps, 640X480 etc. ..)

BBS Signature

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-29 14:37:38

At 7/29/10 01:47 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: in reality the game is very simple, do not expect a masterpiece, however I checked and everything is right (30 fps, 640X480 etc. ..)

yes its a minigame, dont worry :P

Response to Pyroscape - The Collab ($$$) 2010-07-29 16:02:35

Sorry for repost but i will show you how is the menu up now...
it will be better.. this is an example only also left a lot more games and will have arrows to move