00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheForgottenWaugh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What games would be cool in 3d?

2,805 Views | 30 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-20 22:11:00

I was just thinking about how the new Tv's their coming out with and what games would be cool in 3d

I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-20 22:51:35

Only games I can think of are Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3, and James Cameron's Avatar: The Game.

I suggest you wait until the 3d tv becomes a fad.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-20 22:55:33

Any game I play on my computer.

NVIDA 3D ftw

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-20 22:55:40

At 7/20/10 10:51 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Only games I can think of are Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3, and James Cameron's Avatar: The Game.

Such a thing is not likely to happen. Not to stray from the thread, but 3D TVs will take quite a while to come into the market cheaply. I don't think there are many people who can afford a 3D TV at the moment, or, for that matter, I don't think there are many people who WANT one.

On to the thread; some type of shooter or puzzle game. Some kind of crazy 3D Hexic or something. I would love that. :P

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-20 23:25:22

At 7/20/10 10:55 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote:
At 7/20/10 10:51 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Only games I can think of are Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3, and James Cameron's Avatar: The Game.

Such a thing is not likely to happen. Not to stray from the thread, but 3D TVs will take quite a while to come into the market cheaply. I don't think there are many people who can afford a 3D TV at the moment, or, for that matter, I don't think there are many people who WANT one.

Actually, pretty much the same thing with HD is going to happen. It's sounds amazingly new at first, and it costs a fortune. Then, it becomes more and mroe prevalent, and the price drops and boom, it's affordable. What's funny, though, is that the resolution for HD is still smaller than my monitor's resolution. Same thing with 3d, many computers could already handle 3d, now they basically "move" 3d to the TV, and the media starts to cover it more, mostly since they themselves are on TV.

And back on topic. Any first person shooter would look amazing in 3d. Many graphics cards and gamer PCs are geared towards players who want that "realistic" experience, so giving it "real" 3d would further the claims.

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-20 23:33:35

All FPS would simply look the same in 3D. Now, GTA in 3D, that would be neat. Imagine a car driving right through you coming out of the screen

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-20 23:34:04

None, because 3d is a stupid fad that I really hope goes nowhere.

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-21 00:10:19

Pong would look really neat in 3D.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-21 00:16:40

At 7/20/10 11:25 PM, thenewbies wrote: Actually, pretty much the same thing with HD is going to happen. It's sounds amazingly new at first, and it costs a fortune. Then, it becomes more and mroe prevalent, and the price drops and boom, it's affordable.

I'm doubting that 3D TVs will become as common as HD TVs.

To be honest I don't care much for the 3D craze and am hoping that I can just stick to my 2D games.

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-21 00:52:45

At 7/21/10 12:10 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Pong would look really neat in 3D.

that or Tetris 3D... in 3D

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-21 04:46:19

From where I sit, I don't think 3D is going anywhere but up

Not only that, but why would you want to take away technological advancement to simply 'kill the fad'?
3D is simply a step towards the next big thing

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-21 05:04:20

Burnout would be pretty cool.
Driving around and then crashing while watching it all in 3D would be awesome.

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-21 05:15:57

At 7/21/10 04:46 AM, deathfun wrote: From where I sit, I don't think 3D is going anywhere but up

Not only that, but why would you want to take away technological advancement to simply 'kill the fad'?
3D is simply a step towards the next big thing

No it's not. It's gimmicky and, really, rather unimpressive. Plus, it can't become anything more than a fad until the technology is advanced to the point where people can watch 3d stuff without glasses and without getting headaches.

I honestly think it's the stupidest thing to happen with entertainment in the last few years.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-21 06:16:41

Simple : Any game that has a lot of crazy shit going on. Example, Split/Second / Burnout (any). Imagine hurtling down the tracks, objects and cars hurtling towards you, explosions and particles whizzing through the screen. Or, any SHMUP, providing that it's always packed full of enemies. A FPS wouldn't look that much better in 3D, unless of course there were some sniping missions, racing missions etc. Online 3D would be useless, also might make it more laggy (what with the constant layer adjustments for 16 people). Pong might look cool, but there would have to be loads of special effects, like say lightning, missiles, moving backgrounds.

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-21 07:24:08

Uncharted 2, 3. Pong, Tetris, Gran Turismo, Rachet and Clank, God of War 3, LBP2 and Space Invaders would be steller in 3D

personally i dont see myself buying a 3D TV for a few years, but then again i still dont have a HD TV. so its only a matter of time

if 3D/Move/Kinect survives then it will be in thousands of peoples homes by 2012

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-21 13:24:15

Wii games would actually be perfect in 3D. Think Super Mario Galaxies 1 and 2.

Made Grill'd Cheez Sanwich, helped with condiment wars. Check them out!

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-21 13:32:00

3D takes away detail, and also reduces the amount of time you can play without getting a headache.
So, no game would be cool in 3D.

Steam ID: Major Sergeant Johnsonmanberg

It's been a while, hasn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-07-21 14:26:55

At 7/20/10 11:34 PM, slackerzac wrote: None, because 3d is a stupid fad that I really hope goes nowhere.

This. I can't understand the sudden fad for 3D... 3D have been around for decade, hell, even 3D that you don't need glasses. Like Slacker, I hope this sudden interest will die quickly...

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

-Albert Einstein

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-02 20:52:12

Also, Madden.

Imagine Peyton Manning running right in your living room!

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-02 21:07:10

chzo mythos series.. COME ON 3D TRILBY!!

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-02 21:12:10

crysis.

it'd be like being in the real world man

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-02 21:16:41

Oblivion would look cool in 3d. imagine someone hitting you and it looks real like hes really hitting you.

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-02 21:48:29

WipEout HD supposedly looks awesome.
Always wondered about:
Rez
Time Crisis
LittleBigPlanet

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-02 22:59:15

Crysis. It would be a performance race all over again.

+1 Post plx [Dr. Pepper Crew] [Mushroom Dick]

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-03 03:47:17

At 7/21/10 01:24 PM, NinjaLlama15 wrote: Wii games would actually be perfect in 3D. Think Super Mario Galaxies 1 and 2.

yeah you're right wii game would be perfect for 3D but the example you made is completly wrong
The ability of 3D vision must have only games which are sci-fi and they have realistic graphics ex;gta iv (but it isn't sci-fi).Games like halo or metroid.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-03 04:09:31

People, people... there's no need to worry...

Just take a look at the 3DS's lineup of games. All your dreams have been answered, and without the need for a silly 3D TV...

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-03 05:50:50

I think the real issue behind 3D TVs is the glasses that are needed to get the full effect. Truthfully, 3D accomplished through wearing glasses is really not a new technology.

What would impress me much more would be 3D TVs that work WITHOUT the glasses.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-03 07:14:35

At 8/3/10 05:50 AM, RazorHawk wrote: What would impress me much more would be 3D TVs that work WITHOUT the glasses.

This, when they can produce 3D without the glasses, then I might be slightly excited.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-03 11:05:59

i dont like 3d

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to What games would be cool in 3d? 2010-08-03 23:18:58

I guess I'll post, but these might cause more people to be in the hospital than that Japanese episode of Pokemon:

DJ/Guitar Hero series
Halo: Reach (and Halo series in general)
Fallout: New Vegas
Twisted Metal series
Ratchet And Clank series
Jak and Daxter series
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Spyro trilogy for the original PlayStation
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos and Croc 2
Pokemon series (the good ones, not the crappy ones like Mystery Dungeon)
Duck Hunt
Sly Cooper series, although the 3-D in the third one kinda lokked dusty, literally
Mario series
basically, the classics

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature