00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MAYHEMWEIRDO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is this a good graphics card?

842 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-01 22:02:52

Hi guys, I'm new in this thing of computer gaming. I've own consoles all my life, but i'm not exactly a computer geek, so i have no idea if this would work for me.

I've found this card in several stores where I live, it's not so expensive, but i havent found much info about it. Some say it's good, others say it's utter crap.
I was hoping i can get your opinion guys.

This is the card:
http://eu.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/
Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1047&Catego ryID=5&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=25&LanI D=0

Anyways, if you think it's not a good enough card, post your suggestions, but keep in mind I have around $700-1000 USD and I live in Mexico, so it might be harder to find it, or i'll have to pay for the shipping.

Thanks in advance!

Is this a good graphics card?

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-01 22:07:55

This really is an Okay-Bottom tier card. If you buy this one, you'd have to upgrade within 1-2 years. Mostly from the OpenGL and Direct X level is a little outdated.
I'd recommend you go to the GTX 280 and above series. That way you won't have to upgrade for a while.

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-01 22:11:22

At 7/1/10 10:07 PM, CompleteDouche wrote: Direct X level is a little outdated

It supports 10, and 11 is brand new. The DX is not a problem.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-01 22:28:46

Also here are my pc specs.
The video card is a crappy NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a with 64 MB, so it works for nothing really.
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 245
RAM
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. M68M-S2P (Socket M2)

I want the card for games like Fallout 3, and for a good speed when using Phothsop, as well as a good quality for movies and videos. I'm planning on getting a bluray optical drive, and i want a compatible card that gets the best out of it.
I have an HP w2408 monitor, with an hdmi input.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-02 03:30:45

For compatibility questions and such, you'd be better off posting in the Computer Construction Crew. They will be able to help you with the whole process. Choosing a card, making sure it's compatible and how to install it.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-02 11:11:20

Thanks GodsBitch. I posted it there, I hope they can help me.
Anyways, if someone here has any adviced too, it would be of great help.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-02 11:31:56

You would be better off with a HD card with a HDMI output.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-02 11:34:08

At 7/2/10 11:31 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: You would be better off with a HD card with a HDMI output.

It has an HDMI output.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-02 11:38:58

At 7/2/10 11:34 AM, enquencle wrote:
At 7/2/10 11:31 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: You would be better off with a HD card with a HDMI output.
It has an HDMI output.

In which case I recant my previous statement.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-02 12:49:29

I have a GTS 250, and its kick ass :3

P.S: Do not trust Canyourunit.com... They said I could only play Crysis with low-medium graph but I can actually play with everything in max with good FPS.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

-Albert Einstein

BBS Signature

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-02 14:22:03

At 7/1/10 10:02 PM, enquencle wrote: I live in Mexico, so it might be harder to find it, or i'll have to pay for the shipping.

all I needed to hear yeah just go to amazon and pay the shipping it would be worth it if you dont want to upgrade in 2-3 years with some shitty knock off you guys get down the BUY AMERICAN.

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-02 15:11:54

At 7/2/10 02:22 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: all I needed to hear yeah just go to amazon and pay the shipping it would be worth it if you dont want to upgrade in 2-3 years with some shitty knock off you guys get down the BUY AMERICAN.

Yes, that's an option, but i want to know if this card is worth it. It costs around $60-$70 USD here, and if it's not, suggestions about one thats about $100.

So far just 1 or 2 comments that are really opinions about the card itself...

BBS Signature

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-02 16:13:33

At 7/2/10 03:11 PM, enquencle wrote: Yes, that's an option, but i want to know if this card is worth it. It costs around $60-$70 USD here, and if it's not, suggestions about one thats about $100.

So far just 1 or 2 comments that are really opinions about the card itself...

just compare it on amazon and check the prices and buy it there.

Response to Is this a good graphics card? 2010-07-02 18:23:39

At 7/1/10 10:07 PM, CompleteDouche wrote: This really is an Okay-Bottom tier card. If you buy this one, you'd have to upgrade within 1-2 years. Mostly from the OpenGL and Direct X level is a little outdated.
I'd recommend you go to the GTX 280 and above series. That way you won't have to upgrade for a while.

This ^. Then again, that is one hot half naked sword-wielding babe on the front. I'm sure it's worth it for the packaging

Response to "dumbest person you ever met" :

"Some girl I knew once forgot how to breath." -Dlxrevolution

BBS Signature