00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Damned "Play" sites

795 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Damned "Play" sites 2010-06-23 16:23:19

I hate this. When a flash game is submitted and I'm ready to rate it. The opening screen comes up and then I see a button that says "Play" then I click it and I'm taken to another site, only to go back to NG to see another word dropped next to play advertising the site. Like earlier I went to play Super Mario Bomber(or whatever) and it said Play for a bit and I clicked it. Then it said "cow" after play. It popped up so slow I didn't notice. I honestly think these guys do that on purpose.

Response to Damned "Play" sites 2010-06-23 17:05:19

assholes

Response to Damned "Play" sites 2010-06-23 21:22:30

Spawning a pop-up when you click Play? Isn't that malicious (and thus Whistle-worthy)? Or is it some other "play" button with the main Flash being watchable or playable here?

Response to Damned "Play" sites 2010-06-23 21:24:59

The solution: use Adblock.

I've got it and I haven't seen an ad since. :D

Response to Damned "Play" sites 2010-07-01 17:37:57

At 6/23/10 09:22 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Spawning a pop-up when you click Play? Isn't that malicious (and thus Whistle-worthy)? Or is it some other "play" button with the main Flash being watchable or playable here?

No it's not. Usually it's used to promote the site that the game was submitted by. Frankly, I see it as nothing short of annoying.