00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

thelan8 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Embedding & Transforming fonts...

642 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Embedding & Transforming fonts... 2010-05-26 20:46:44

I'm having problems with the use of dynamic fonts in my game. It seems that whenever I try to transform the font by rotating it or otherwise, whatever variable I have displayed in there doesn't show up. When I return it to its original position however, it appears again. It's worth noting that if I refrain from assigning a variable to it, and simply type stuff in the box, embedding works, however transforming it is still not possible.

I'm using Flash 8. Anyone think they know what might be the problem? I tried adding the font to the library, but that didn't change anything.

Response to Embedding & Transforming fonts... 2010-05-27 13:36:07

Try to draw the untransformed text into a bitmap, and transform the bitmap.

I don't mind when I'm a hypocrite.

Response to Embedding & Transforming fonts... 2010-05-27 18:21:54

Have you tried it with a different font? Maybe it's the particular face you're using.

Balderdash and PoppyClock

BBS Signature

Response to Embedding & Transforming fonts... 2010-05-28 02:32:43

At 5/27/10 01:36 PM, chesster415 wrote: Try to draw the untransformed text into a bitmap, and transform the bitmap.

That actually sounds like it could work... unfortunately not though. Thanks for the suggestion! I forgot to mention that I had also tried using different fonts; the situation stays the same regardless of what font I'm using.

Response to Embedding & Transforming fonts... 2010-05-28 07:24:49

What Anti-Aliasing do you have on the text box? If it's "Use device fonts" that can cause dynamic text not to show up when you rotate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Embedding & Transforming fonts... 2010-05-29 22:48:56

At 5/28/10 07:24 AM, Torrunt wrote: What Anti-Aliasing do you have on the text box? If it's "Use device fonts" that can cause dynamic text not to show up when you rotate it.

I've got Anti-Aliasing for readability on it at the moment (I believe that is the default).