00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread

65,135 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-13 17:34:57

Well, I'm officially out 1 R1 button

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-13 18:22:38

T-Hawk takes up half the screen and is slow as hell. I havn't played in ages, might pick it up again but we'll see.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-13 18:38:13

At 10/13/10 06:22 PM, Quinny wrote: T-Hawk takes up half the screen and is slow as hell.

Yeah, but at the same time he has Condor Dive and Condor Spire to move him faster across the screen. Not to mention you can mix up the timing on Condor Dive which makes it ideal for punishing or baiting.

I havn't played in ages might pick it up again but we'll see.

I'm still really sloppy and I've only started playing about a week ago. Still, it's nice to be back in the game when I'm not getting gipped.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-13 18:58:39

At 10/11/10 12:30 PM, explodingbunnies wrote:
Also : Scetch, you can't deny my dudley has gotten better. You just play a lot different from the average Ken, and I really need to get used to your extremely awkward playing style.

He has, but I'm rusty as fuck too. Not gonna deny you learned a bit though. And play a lot different from the average Ken? A.K.A. playing competitively? I wish I played more often cause I actually forgot what I can FADC into -.-

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-13 19:32:13

Nobody replied with any tips on how to use cody.

You guys are the suck.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-13 19:36:24

At 10/13/10 07:32 PM, Maverick-Alex wrote: Nobody replied with any tips on how to use cody.

You guys are the suck.

I didn't realize you were serious

I don't play Cody much, but the best thing you'll want to do that I've seen is make use of spacing and Zonk Knuckle.

Against a number of characters Cody can use his rocks to control space fairly well, especially since you can mix up the timing. As long as you keep them blocking, or even if you hit them, you can mix it up with Ruffian Kicks and even Criminal Upper if they're close enough.

Zonk Knuckle is just a great attack in general. There are few attacks better for punishing wiffs and even moving through other character's attacks.

Basically, from what I know as a Zangief playing against Cody's, the best Cody's control space by throwing rocks, using Fierce Ruffian Kick to Anti Air. and using Light Ruffian Kick to put pressure on block or to land a quick hit.

If anyone else would like to help please correct or add anything I just said.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-13 21:12:30

Hmm, I always get raped by Chun Li's when playing balrog. I think I dash punched into like 5 kikosho's so far :(

Can't even jump in against her at all cause her standing fierce is godly >:(

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-14 05:12:33

At 10/13/10 07:36 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 10/13/10 07:32 PM, Maverick-Alex wrote: Nobody replied with any tips on how to use cody.

You guys are the suck.
I didn't realize you were serious

I don't play Cody much, but the best thing you'll want to do that I've seen is make use of spacing and Zonk Knuckle.

Against a number of characters Cody can use his rocks to control space fairly well, especially since you can mix up the timing. As long as you keep them blocking, or even if you hit them, you can mix it up with Ruffian Kicks and even Criminal Upper if they're close enough.

Zonk Knuckle is just a great attack in general. There are few attacks better for punishing wiffs and even moving through other character's attacks.

Basically, from what I know as a Zangief playing against Cody's, the best Cody's control space by throwing rocks, using Fierce Ruffian Kick to Anti Air. and using Light Ruffian Kick to put pressure on block or to land a quick hit.

If anyone else would like to help please correct or add anything I just said.

Well I sub Cody so I'll give some advice. First of all, don't rely on Zonk Knuckle too much. Easily baitable and punishable. It's a great attack but if you use it in a pattern you're fucked.

For anti-airs, Back MP works wonders. That move will be your best anti-air so rely on it often. From far use Standing HK or if you have meter, HK Ruffian Kick FADC Crack Kick into EX Criminal Upper.

Cody is great at frame advantage so when up close use close standing MP and link into Crouching HP from a counter hit which links to EX Rocks for a clean hiting Ultra 2. Use forward MP Into Crouching LP. If it hit, it links, if it's blocked, it makes for a great blocki strong. Use your Rocks as pressure since you recover fast from them.You can use Crack Kick to close the distance. A tactic I use is rocks into forward HP since most like to block everything low and it's an overhead.

For Ultras, choose depending on your play style. If you have great reaction, good at comboing, and good at FADCing HK Ruffian Kick stick with Ultra 1 since you'll be able to land it easier. If you are good at punishing, great and getting those counter hits, or good at option selecting, choose Ultra 2. it combos off EX rocks which you'll be using quite a lot and you have plenty of time to combo into it. I use Ultra 1 since I'm more into combos and such.

C.LP, C.LP. C.MP into HP Criminal Upper is your bread and better combo, use it whenever you have the chance. Jumping MK is your basic cross up. With the knife, the combo I use is C.LP, C.LP, S.LP, C,LK, into MK Ruffian Kick.

I will explain more tomorrow if you'd like.

Anyway, I use Seth nowand I miss raping some of you guys, especially exploddingbunnies. Damn internet makes me lag. :(

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-15 17:24:00

Season's Beatings stream this weekend. There's a TON of top name players there for the event, including Wong, Daigo, Marn, Mike Ross, Sanford, Yipes, Momochi, Juicebox, Sabin, Gamerbee, Choco Blanka, and more.

http://teamspooky.com/content/?page_id=1 71

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-15 17:26:53

Well, I tried to put my R1 button back in and I ended up making it worse

Now I have neither of my R buttons and I won't be able to get another controller until at least Christmas

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-15 18:18:46

At 10/15/10 05:26 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Well, I tried to put my R1 button back in and I ended up making it worse

Now I have neither of my R buttons and I won't be able to get another controller until at least Christmas

If you don't care about Rumble or Six-axis...

You could get a PS2/PS3 controller adapter and a PS2 controller from amazon for under $20.

I've got 2 Dualshock's 3, and 2 PS2 controllers and 2 converters.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-15 18:29:08

At 10/15/10 05:24 PM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote: Season's Beatings stream this weekend. There's a TON of top name players there for the event, including Wong, Daigo, Marn, Mike Ross, Sanford, Yipes, Momochi, Juicebox, Sabin, Gamerbee, Choco Blanka, and more.

http://teamspooky.com/content/?page_id=1 71

Sweet, thanks for that.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-15 23:41:11

Anyone see this tournament? Sako(Cammy) Vs. Daigo(Ryu)

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-19 07:43:13

Man, I haven't played in a while, and a tourney's coming up, no less! Time to hop back on and get my skillz back in order.

Gamertag: Calcos323

Message me if you feel like playing my sorry ass in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, SSF4, or SSF2T HDRemix.

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-19 21:40:20

I was pretty surprised to hear about Marn beating Daigo's Ryu with Dudley

Pretty impressive on his part

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-20 10:49:32

At 10/19/10 09:40 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I was pretty surprised to hear about Marn beating Daigo's Ryu with Dudley

Pretty impressive on his part

No kidding. After that, I don't think we'll be seeing much of his C. Viper anytime soon.

The whole tourney was filled with excellent matches and unexpected upsets. How come Daigo can get put down like that at Season's Beatings, yet he trumps everyone at EVO? The fact that it was on the East Coast rather than the Weast Coast may have had something to do with it, but I digress. The stream was fantastic, and all of the players were, too.

Message me if you feel like playing my sorry ass in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, SSF4, or SSF2T HDRemix.

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-20 17:36:23

At 10/20/10 10:49 AM, Calcos wrote:
At 10/19/10 09:40 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: The stream was fantastic, and all of the players were, too.

I forget who that OMG a Woman person said her tag was but she played some beastly Makoto. There were some pretty neat matchups and a lot of variety in them too.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-20 18:42:59

Her name was Guilty. Apparently she talks trash a lot during moneymatches, and even gave one guy lube and said "you're gonna need this", lol

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-21 05:06:06

At 10/20/10 06:42 PM, MAYORMCHEESE wrote: Her name was Guilty. Apparently she talks trash a lot during moneymatches, and even gave one guy lube and said "you're gonna need this", lol

I can't tell whether she's being hardcore, or pretentious.

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-21 18:11:54

super street fighter comes with loads of characters, but honestly you get bored of it after a couple weeks

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-21 23:53:51

At 10/21/10 06:11 PM, AlexMac wrote: super street fighter comes with loads of characters, but honestly you get bored of it after a couple weeks

Not me. I play this quite often, and I don't think I'll stop for another 3 years or so.

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-22 01:07:03

At 10/21/10 11:53 PM, Calcos wrote:
At 10/21/10 06:11 PM, AlexMac wrote: super street fighter comes with loads of characters, but honestly you get bored of it after a couple weeks
Not me. I play this quite often, and I don't think I'll stop for another 3 years or so.

In all honesty Street Fighter for me is just like riding a bicycle,i couldn't picked up a controller for months and the second i do i play as well as i always have just about.

Question i have loads (80-100) of great replays that involve either epic comebacks/finishes or just pure humor,i was wondering what the best way would be to share them with you guys,i thought bout just recording them from my webcam and just uploading them to youtube but i wonder if there is a better way,if any ideas let me know. :D

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-22 11:31:16

At 10/22/10 01:07 AM, illuminate wrote: Question i have loads (80-100) of great replays that involve either epic comebacks/finishes or just pure humor,i was wondering what the best way would be to share them with you guys,i thought bout just recording them from my webcam and just uploading them to youtube but i wonder if there is a better way,if any ideas let me know. :D

Get yourself a capture card, and use that to upload them to Youtube. You'll get the best quality videos that way. I'd love to see what you have, but I don't want to see them through a webcam.

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-22 17:07:30

I myself have some badass replays that I have accumulated.

How much are capture cards?

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-23 13:21:26

At 10/22/10 05:07 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: How much are capture cards?

Fuck if I know. Browse teh Intarwebz for a good one.

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-27 04:28:18

A friend of mine could be getting a SSF4 stream up on the Internet soon, so keep a lookout for my awesome skillz!

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-10-29 14:12:52

Last bump before I leave the thread to die.

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-11-06 16:40:12

I just recently picked the game up.

I am not a fan of how difficult it is to get Akuma.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-11-06 19:22:43

At 11/6/10 04:40 PM, puddinN64 wrote: I just recently picked the game up.

I am not a fan of how difficult it is to get Akuma.

You picked up the older game )=

Super Street Fighter IV, the newer version, has all of the characters unlocked at the start.

Message me if you ever want to play SFIV or BlazBlue on XBOX Live!

I also enjoy Quake Live.

Response to Off. Super Street Fighter 4 Thread 2010-11-08 19:53:10

Recently Ono tweeted an image that showed a mysterious character being hit with Dhalsim's Super

The character was obscured but a lot of people have speculated that it might be Alex or Urien