00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Buzzy1916 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Download Fable 2 Free??

1,008 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Download Fable 2 Free?? 2010-04-12 00:02:19

So today I decided to check out all the new content on the Xbox Live Marketplace and noticed a number of new Games on Demand. So I had a quick flick through them, and when I had a look at Fable 2... I found it was downloadable for free!

So I decided to have a look and see if it's legit. I downloaded it and I've been playing it for about half an hour and so far it seems like the full game. However it's not as smooth as I remember it being when I rented it and the people seem to twitch a little every now and then. But aside from that it works okay, I'm just wondering why the hell would they be giving this game out for free?

Come crawling faster... Obey your Master!

Your life burns faster... Obey your Master! MASTER!

BBS Signature

Response to Download Fable 2 Free?? 2010-04-12 00:13:11

What you downloaded was the first part of the game.
It was only 1-something Gigabyte.

Have fun with your demo.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Download Fable 2 Free?? 2010-04-12 00:37:26

At 4/12/10 12:13 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote: What you downloaded was the first part of the game.
It was only 1-something Gigabyte.

Have fun with your demo.

Well why was it listed under games on demand and not game demos? And it seems way too long for a demo.

Come crawling faster... Obey your Master!

Your life burns faster... Obey your Master! MASTER!

BBS Signature

Response to Download Fable 2 Free?? 2010-04-12 00:44:35

Fuck downloading it, I thought the episodes would be like 400 points but each episode costs 1200 FUCKING POINTS. SERIOUSLY. just get it pre-owned dude. Thats what i did.

::fuck your shit Molyneux.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Download Fable 2 Free?? 2010-04-12 00:52:58

At 4/12/10 12:37 AM, Da-Master-of-Puppets wrote: Well why was it listed under games on demand and not game demos? And it seems way too long for a demo.

Regardless, it's just a portion of the game. They released it in like five parts, and the first one is free. I still remember when they launched this, and I thought it was really boring.

+1 Post plx [Dr. Pepper Crew] [Mushroom Dick]

BBS Signature

Response to Download Fable 2 Free?? 2010-04-12 02:59:51

I agree with pretty much everyone....it's probably a demo =/

Response to Download Fable 2 Free?? 2010-04-12 14:23:53

At 4/12/10 02:59 AM, XplosiveAwesomeness wrote: I agree with pretty much everyone....it's probably a demo =/

No, Fable 2 can be downloaded into chapters. I don't know how many there are but the first ones free then you gotta pay for the other chapters of the game.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Download Fable 2 Free?? 2010-04-12 14:26:37

At 4/12/10 12:37 AM, Da-Master-of-Puppets wrote: Well why was it listed under games on demand and not game demos? And it seems way too long for a
demo.

Answer: because it is the game, but it is only part of it. The game is split into Episodes, to allow someone to download a sampler for it, and not the full thing. So yeah. You honestly thought a 1GB file could be a full game though? It should be 5.-something GB minimum if it's the full thing, I think.

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Response to Download Fable 2 Free?? 2010-04-12 17:32:28

Fable creator are money-leech... They'll will suck all the money from you...

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

-Albert Einstein

BBS Signature