00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nsflave just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Primary school kids learn with GTA

1,056 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Apparently kids aged 9 and 10 are learning about violence by being shown still images from Grand Theft Auto games.
Link.

Obviously people (conservative losers) are freaking out about this but I bet they would freak out even more if they knew that the picture halfway down the page is actually from Manhunt not GTA.

Don't you wish they had these lessons at your school?

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 00:05:42

At 4/11/10 12:01 AM, sushi13 wrote: Don't you wish they had these lessons at your school?

Are you fucking kidding? This is just more of GTA getting a bad name.

BBS Signature

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 00:05:58

My parents get the Daily Mail and out of boredom yesterday (I don't like newspapers) I flicked through it just to find that article. I literally facepalmed when I saw it and was trying to explain to the nearest person (my mother) how stupid it was as it was from Manhunt which is much worse than GTA. Of course parents don't really know or care too much, but they would if you tell them kids are learning from games that just want you to kill for a snuff movie.

Anyway it would be cool to learn this in school yes :(

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 00:36:39

Sometimes, I wish they would just stop.

BBS Signature

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 00:55:25

It'll only be a matter of time untill Frumpy middle aged mum writes something about this...

2nd on | PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: BogKid | Never try, never fail...

BBS Signature

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 02:58:22

So, let me get this straight: A newspaper article framed the GTA series for violence from the game Manhunt, right?

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 04:13:49

Sounds like another bullshit solution just to get funding, throughout the whole article they never give a real reason why that would work.

Sig by Maximus

BBS Signature

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 06:36:07

At 4/11/10 02:58 AM, aturtledoesbite wrote: So, let me get this straight: A newspaper article framed the GTA series for violence from the game
Manhunt, right?

Made by the same developer, who are much more famous for GTA than they are for Manhunt. So I guess it isn't impossible. I can't be the only person who actually found this amusing? Most of the kids will probably have played Grand Theft Auto IV at this stage in the game's cycle, so I really don't see how the images are going to be graphic to them. Most of them are probably sitting discussing getting home from school and reliving all the events in GTA themselves online. So all in all I imagine it's pointless. Although I'm hoping that it will be brought into high schools, because it looks like a great way to waste time.

I'm on Last.fm!

Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 07:11:57

At my old primary school talking about GTA was the shitnoodles.
I traded my GTA Vice City with some 11 year old (a year under me,) and he never gave it back. Bastard.

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 11:01:04

At 4/11/10 07:28 AM, MrPercie wrote: "ok kids, what is the momentum of the old lady when a 1000KG car hits her at 50 MPH"?

50,000?

BBS Signature

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 15:22:57

At 4/11/10 11:01 AM, letiger wrote:
At 4/11/10 07:28 AM, MrPercie wrote: "ok kids, what is the momentum of the old lady when a 1000KG car hits her at 50 MPH"?
50,000?

Have to remember to convert Mph into metres per second! Thats right... its the metric system

"I don't got nothin'... but I'll give what I got"

-The Nightwatchman

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 15:27:14

..........if pisses me off how there aloud to post bull shit like "omgz gta makes kids kills"
its not true they need another thing to blame frirst comics, then rock and rap music then movies and now video games whats next?they should blame the parents not some random thing kids use

I don't hate anybody. even if you occasionally piss me off.

The Man who made my Sig

I am a huge brony.

BBS Signature

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-11 20:27:33

This perfectly exemplifies one of my biggest issues with the whole anti-violent video game thing: how fucking stupid do they think kids are? I think I knew the difference between fiction and reality by the time I was 9.

How is this supposed to help kids? It seems to me like all it does is patronize them, make them more aware of violent video games (which I'm guessing is not what the program wants), and waste valuable class-time. Basically, these kids are being flatly told that they're incapable of making even the most basic decisions and judgments until authority figures plainly spell it out for them. Isn't that...y'know, bad?

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-12 09:11:01

At 4/11/10 11:01 AM, letiger wrote:
50,000?

But how many joules of energy is that. Show full working out.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-12 09:19:39

Whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired and kept from persuing any scholarly career. Seriously, they're just looking to give people like Thompson a reason to bitch...

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Primary school kids learn with GTA 2010-04-12 11:15:22

there just blaming all these games for violence but have you ever looked at the world lately the war terrism and its just the crazy one who copy what they seee on video games

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature