00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kuyraisus69 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Days of Wrath

668 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Days of Wrath 2010-04-04 19:53:07

First chapter completed. Can be found here.

Excerpt:

I'm strolling down the long road. There's sand below my feet but it stays firm as I walk. One by one, my footprints multiply. Step by step my feet push me forward. This road, I know where it leads to...Why then, am I not able to say the name of that place? Like the light of a falling star, a droplet slides down my forehead. I can feel my body becoming drenched in sweat. Yet I still don't feel any tiredness, despite the distance. The wind brushing against my cheeks brings me a pleasant sensation. Shining above me, as if absorbed by the sky, there's a blue moon.

After what seemed like hours, my knees and legs finally give up. I can't find the strength to stand up, and I sink deep into the sand. It's neither hot nor cold. Its velvety grains cling to my legs and hands as I struggle to get back up on my own again, I feel something in my hand...something warm. A pale, gentle hand holding my own, pulls me up. Illuminated by the blue moonlight, the raven haired girl with a black umbrella shows me a simple smile.

"There you go". Who was that person? I know her. I can't exactly say why, but I feel like I do.

"Can you stand up? Just a little bit further". Gripping her hand tightly, I wiggle my legs out of the sand. For some reason this makes me remember something important. I look back at the road I've been travelling on. A long streak of footprints extended through that deserted landscape. Staring at the disappearing footsteps gave me a feeling of unease.

"Do you intend to turn back from here? It's a long distance back to where you came from." I simply nod. I came all this way by myself. To suggest now that I couldn't walk back? No. I could not return. That was not an option. To whatever... was left at the beginning of that road. "Can I ask you why?" she said. She's still facing me with the same look. I let go of the hand still holding mine. The comfortable wind is getting increasingly colder. "I see. So that's how it is". She says this sternly. 'Then please close your eyes for a moment'. I do as she requests, and I feel something touch my face. Something warm, with the texture of a feather, brushing my cheek. Pressing against my back, embracing my chest. "This is goodbye."

From inside this warm darkness, a soft voice echoes, followed by the sound of fluttering wings.

Those last words I hear before I'm thrown into the void.

Inside that void, from the inside to the extremities of his body, sharp cold pierced through me. Every inch of me was frozen solid with death. I wanted to scream, but only blood came out of my frozen throat. I desperately struggled to open my eyes, only to realize that I was no longer on the ground. At that moment, all the pain in my body disappeared. Before me was that very blue moon. Imposing, beautiful, soothing. Inside that soundless void " that silence-filled world where I woke up " I heard a noise.

Embracing my body with both of my arms, I felt a pulse.

Like a faint beacon of light; it was the only part of my body that still moved.

I turned my eyes to the moon below me.

There's no mistake. Going back. Going there.

Stretching my arms and reaching out for it, my blood slowly began to flow again. Red blood coursed through my veins; once again I could feel heat. The once-frozen blood filled me with life again as I was wrapped up in a red haze.

I fell towards the immense blue moon.

My illuminated arm burned. Red flames consumed me from the inside. My flesh burned, fires springing up all over it, and all that was left of me is that faint beat inside my chest. But even with no eyes, I was still able to see that blue moon.

So close, yet so very far...I was finally going to return to that place.

Once again, it was that same surreal dream with the abrupt ending

I close my eyes and calm my breath in order to chase the remaining part of that dream for a meaning, but it's too late.

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-04 21:43:43

Thoughts anyone?

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-04 22:18:30

Ahh, two things stood out for me in that piece of Literature. How the narrator could not remember "that place". The place from which he had just come. And how he tries to find what the dream meant before he forgets everything about it. Two concepts I thought only I experienced in my dreams.

Or did I totally misinterpret? Either way, very good way of writing.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-04 22:19:59

At 4/4/10 10:18 PM, Gustavos wrote: Ahh, two things stood out for me in that piece of Literature.

Sorry, should have said "excerpt". Because that's all I read. Not the whole thing.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-05 09:59:31

I see. Thank you for your input. Has anyone read the whole thing yet?

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-05 22:11:31

Anyone?

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-08 19:29:32

Any thoughts anyone?

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-08 20:03:53

At 4/8/10 07:29 PM, Sahariel wrote: Any thoughts anyone?

I am a member of that website so I just posted my comment there.

A little story I'm trying to write, named Two Halves

"jumping off a cliff only hurts if you forget how to fly" -Taj Mahal Badalandabad

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-08 20:30:12

Thank you very much

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-09 21:40:06

Can anyone please read the whole thing for me and be brutally honest with me?

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-11 23:54:40

Anyone?

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-12 00:17:00

At 4/11/10 11:54 PM, Sahariel wrote: Anyone?

Oh god, so many +1 bumps. SO MANY BUMPS.

I'll read and review this if I get the time and interest to sit down and do so, but is there any reason for not posting the whole story on the forum? It'd just be a copy and paste job, and lot of users, myself included, are not interested in having to go to an unfamiliar site to read the story, then review a story they are largely unable to easily quote in order to present examples.

You can't possibly expect us to copy and paste from another website when you won't do so yourself.

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-12 03:21:44

At 4/11/10 11:54 PM, Sahariel wrote: Anyone?

You need to quit having all these bumps. If people are going to notice, they'll notice. One bump from time to time is enough. No need to bump it 3 times in a row, twice.

Response to Days of Wrath 2010-04-14 10:04:27

Sorry...