00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GMan2006i just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pokemon Gijinkas.

25,913 Views | 253 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 20:03:07

Ill post a better version in a little but... its munchlax! :P

Pokemon Gijinkas.

ENGORGE!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 20:14:13

At 4/1/10 07:45 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I say we go for it!
it would be nice if the one person does a pokemon and it's evolutions. it would help the art look the same. and we wouldn't need so many entrants.
so how many are we going to do?
All 500 and some? o.0...%u2248%u2248%u2248

i think we better run it by danopus, im sure he wont mind but its not nice to just run this thread as a collab without him saying its ok, plus it would be partly his collab, also when weve got everything sorted someone should have a newspost about whats in and whats not, i dont know how to do this but if it becomes a collab we need quality control

stealing ideas from the levels collab ftw

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 20:24:23

At 4/1/10 08:14 PM, Ashman wrote: i think we better run it by danopus, im sure he wont mind but its not nice to just run this thread as a collab without him saying its ok, plus it would be partly his collab, also when weve got everything sorted someone should have a newspost about whats in and whats not, i dont know how to do this but if it becomes a collab we need quality control

stealing ideas from the levels collab ftw%u2248%u2248%u2248

lol
Sounds like a plan Ashy.
I guess I could do a 3D Pokedex and a short 3d animation for the start

fuck the new ones. Were going old style pokedex!

Pokemon Gijinkas.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 20:33:08

this seems like a more appropriate place
HOW COME WE WERE NOT INFORMED!!!!!!
anyone have any info on this?

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 21:16:27

3ds is throwing a shit fit today for some reason, so this is as far as I got for the moment.

I wanna do this !!! >:O

Pokemon Gijinkas.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 21:20:07

At 4/1/10 08:24 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 4/1/10 08:14 PM, Ashman wrote: i think we better run it by danopus, im sure he wont mind but its not nice to just run this thread as a collab without him saying its ok, plus it would be partly his collab, also when weve got everything sorted someone should have a newspost about whats in and whats not, i dont know how to do this but if it becomes a collab we need quality control

stealing ideas from the levels collab ftw%u2248%u2248%u2248
lol
Sounds like a plan Ashy.
I guess I could do a 3D Pokedex and a short 3d animation for the start
fuck the new ones. Were going old style pokedex!%u2248%u2248%u2248

That PKDex looks awesome I wonder why they changed to the new one. I support this being a collab but my only question is what would we do for images like Vero's? If this ever happens I call dibs on making icons for each one of the pokemons so they can be show on the side of the poke screen like if they were gym badges. This will be amazing. I got to do a few things before I do this but I shall be doing a humanmon very soon.

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 21:22:08

At 4/1/10 08:33 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: this seems like a more appropriate place
HOW COME WE WERE NOT INFORMED!!!!!!
anyone have any info on this?%u2248%u2248%u2248

yeah but you have to download the game and loads of unrelated crap to play it and i really dont trust it since its fanmade, i prefer this one and this one since theyre browser based and only require a sign up

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 21:26:07

At 4/1/10 09:20 PM, Mabelma wrote: That PKDex looks awesome I wonder why they changed to the new one. I support this being a collab but my only question is what would we do for images like Vero's? If this ever happens I call dibs on making icons for each one of the pokemons so they can be show on the side of the poke screen like if they were gym badges. This will be amazing. I got to do a few things before I do this but I shall be doing a humanmon very soon.%u2248%u2248%u2248

if we ended up doing all 500 that would be quite a work load. you might need some help on that one.

It's funny how somethings can come together like this

is anyone else fond of strict and I do mean strict time limits on something like this?

I think we can put it together easily and quickly since we are pretty much doing a quick slideshow :P

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 21:45:53

I'm not going to make a few humanmons maybe 5 or so. I think I can make all the icons alone, they are quite easy to do. I would just need to sketch them out and then ink them. It's an easy process that I can do alone but if someone wants to help me by all means do so.

you where talking about the icons right kinsei?

:Also why don't we do the pkdex on flash instead of it being a 3d image or are you just doing that for fun?

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 21:54:19

i was thinking flash pokedex flicking through each pokemon with the users name at the side, for ones like veros with 2 pokemon, simply easter egg, and whats this about icons we dont really need that if its a slideshow deal do we, iv got the plan down but we need to decide whether were using this thread or making a new thread entitled gijinka pokedex collab

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 21:59:51

At 4/1/10 09:45 PM, Mabelma wrote:
you where talking about the icons right kinsei?

yeah, unless you wanted to just to do Gym Badges :P

Also why don't we do the pkdex on flash instead of it being a 3d image or are you just doing that for fun?

Because I can move the pokedex in 3d space much easier in well... a 3d program rather than in flash
I'll have an example up in a few minuets
also with as short as an animation I am thinking of, then it would be easy to keep the file smaller. perhaps not much bigger than 1 mb maybe 2 at the most?

besides >:( got a problem with a 3D pokedex?

also this can give us control placement and a background/border all for one small cost of a jpeg :P

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 22:01:50

The icons would just be one of those visually looking goods that a great collab needs. An Easter egg? I was thinking that the dex could maybe flip and show it completely and then go back to it's position. I think that if the OP likes the idea and lest of leave it here then leave it here I'd not make a new one.

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 22:12:45

At 4/1/10 09:54 PM, Ashman wrote: i was thinking flash pokedex flicking through each pokemon with the users name at the side, for ones like veros with 2 pokemon, simply easter egg

aww.... bet we can do a decent 3D fly in with the 3D pokedex it's much easier, Also havening it open and having it opening and animating is much easier as well. at the end of the animation we can easily have the majority focus on the screen of the pokedex with out much issue
besides My 3Ds is working again and I'm on a roll :P

animation example

sorry for the crappy quality, but the 150 K is a killer o.0....

Pokemon Gijinkas.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 22:17:16

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 22:35:50

Some of these are really good.

Where did my soul go? Where did my spirit hide? Why won't they rescue me from the pain in my mind?

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 23:36:39

done with lineart! YAY!
Loltits

Fap! Fap! Fap!

Pokemon Gijinkas.

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-01 23:41:21

Poliwrath is a shady hooded bastard

Pokemon Gijinkas.

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 00:13:30

At 4/1/10 11:36 PM, M-Vero wrote: done with lineart! YAY!
Loltits
Fap! Fap! Fap!

Hey, woah, what?
How'd that get there?

Pokemon Gijinkas.

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 00:13:49

At 4/1/10 11:57 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: 2 minutes left this Bacon stuff should be finished just soon enough

flea why did you post that here, this is not the lounge

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 00:25:47

Let's combine a snow globe with a metal plate with a giant mutated starfish and you'll get this....a Staryu

Pokemon Gijinkas.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 01:55:26

Tentacruel is known as the "gangster of the sea"

Pokemon Gijinkas.

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 06:08:24

Alright, a collab seems like a good idea.

Ill ask TOAS if it's cool with him, and we can arrange this as an art collab. I say we only do the first 151, with some 2nd 3rd and 4th gen pokemon as bonus, if anyone is willing to do that.

We'll basically take one pokemon each, and all it's evolutions/prevolutions. We should probably include previous forms introduced in later games as well.

I think the pokedex animation would be a good starting point, and perhaps it could kind of flip up towards the screen? Im not too flash savvy, but I know how to make simple slideshows and extra features, so if we cant find anyone for that I can step in.

Obviously we'd arrange it like a pokedex, so they'd all have to be the same dimensions, and also have a provided background. I could do the background as well, if nobody is willing to do that as well.

So, what are your thoughts. I'll pm TOAS after a few of you guys give me your opinions on the idea.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 09:07:04

If it's gonna evolve into a full collab, then i call dibs on the dragonite family!

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 10:05:48

If it's a collab, I'll make another one. Because I think I can do better. ;)

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 11:15:34

Also im gonna stream some drawings. Probably of Gijinkas.

My Livestream

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 11:17:49

I call jigglypuff.

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 11:46:09

I fixed up that Munchlax one I made :) Im trying to get used to drawing on the computer haha

Pokemon Gijinkas.

ENGORGE!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 12:01:49

:D fun fun if it gets approved (i believe ashy is gonna be in charge)
so ashman - i call sandshrew and sandslash, and if i have enough time (which i probably wont, im already working on shinx, luxio and luxray) ill do cubone and marowak

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 12:18:52

Should all of the drawings be computer drawn? Or could we do the drawings with pencil and paper? Im not good at the computer drawings :P

ENGORGE!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Gijinkas. 2010-04-02 12:30:37

Well idk who's in charge.

I think somebody said I was but I have no idea. If there are multiples of the same pokemon, I'll take the best one, and the first 151 are the main priority, so all others would come after.

Also here's no.1

Bulbasaur

Pokemon Gijinkas.

BBS Signature