00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mikeymaik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

$$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$

1,426 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

$$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-07 21:31:32

WHAT?
The game will be an archer styled game with a story line as well as upgrades,
achievements, medals (hopefully) with some fun elements that will make it
different from just a shoot your arrow type of game.

You can check out a small demo to see that this isn't a waste of time here.

Please note, all it is now is just the physics of shooting, basically the hard part - but everything else is already planned out.

STYLE?
This game will be set around the medieval times, or more so like the movie gladiator
It should have a fairly cartoony style, but not totally a joke, but also not super serious.

AMOUNT?
The artist will have to draw menus, a map, various bows/arrows, backdrops/scenery various dummies, a few upgrades for the main character, as well as other minor things that shouldn't take too long.

DEADLINE?
Since this is not a HUGE project, I am aiming at a 2-3 week deadline which is easily achievable.

SPONSORSHIP?
I have previous experience with sponsorship and I am almost positive this game will earn some good cash, it will be split 50/50.

EVALUATION?
Post here, or PM if you are interested...
NOTE - I will not just be taking the first person to contact me, I will be evaluating people on their previous works, AND examples that I ask that you post!

It would definitely be a good idea to draw up a quick archer and post a picture here, that will help with the evaluating ;)

My MSN: tadasflash@hotmail.com

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-07 21:39:58

emmm welll you can see some of my draws in my userpage... maybe i can be your artist, really dont know if i want money :p maybe i work for free

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-08 02:52:13

Consider me. <3

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-08 03:12:17

are the characters going to be stickman?

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-08 03:24:29

no stickmen!

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-08 09:21:28

Hey im not amazing at drawing certain things but i can inspire character, weapon, enemie and landscape design ill happily work for free i would just like to plant my roots everywhere and do that much work i get realy well known so consider me for some blueprint design for your artist(s) to take and make it amazing also i can do a fair bit of drawing so im not completly useless and lastly my bro can make music quite well so consider me please.

For free :D

Hi

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-08 10:57:36

PM'd preview

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-08 11:38:19

Well , I've done some graphics for Age of War

specifically the futuristic age soldiers , modern age soldiers , and the renaissance soldiers.

Best band ever, click it.

BBS Signature

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-08 16:30:47

Hey everyone, thanks to those who have shown interest in helping -

I have received some examples from artists showing what they can do for this game, however not from everyone and I want everyone to have a fair chance.

Here's what I ask of you! (it's fairly simple and quick but the best work will get the job)

Quick synopsis of game -
The game is set during the medieval times (like the movie gladiator, but with a more cartoonish feel)
This makes the style of the game not too serious, not too silly.

Specs: Framerate - 32 fps
stage - 700x450

An archer with his bow (this is before you buy any upgrades, possibly a raggish look, let your imagination fly)
- about 55x77 px

A dummy with an apple on his head (can either be a human, straw dummy, whatever)
- about the same size as the archer

A quick scenery backdrop (either of a foresty land, a small village, but don't make it too distracting, the focus is on the archer)
- fills the stage, make it look somewhat like an archery range (small crowd of people in the back)

A wall behind the dummy (about twice the size of him)

If you are confused as to what it will look like, check this out.

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-08 16:35:56

At 3/8/10 04:30 PM, ActionSick wrote: Quick synopsis of game -
The game is set during the medieval times (like the movie gladiator, but with a more cartoonish feel)

Epic fail, gladiators werent for medieval times :P

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-08 16:42:48

Epic fail, gladiators werent for medieval times :P

sadface.
Set in 3rd - 1st Century BCE
But with a medieval feel to it :3

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-08 21:45:54

You'd be lucky to work with CyprusX. Great artist and great music writer, not something you find every day. I'd give him my three thumbs up any day

guess what the third one is
At 3/8/10 11:38 AM, CyprusX wrote: Well , I've done some graphics for Age of War
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/40 8209
specifically the futuristic age soldiers , modern age soldiers , and the renaissance soldiers.

BBS Signature

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-08 21:56:48

You'd be lucky to work with CyprusX. Great artist and great music writer, not something you find every day. I'd give him my three thumbs up any day.

Yes I would! I can't pick anyone yet because I want to give everyone a chance, but I want to have someone by tomorrow (Tuesday)

Post your samples everyone!

Thanks!

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-09 12:57:10

Sounds like fun! would love to give this a shot.

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-10 16:01:54

your engine is identical to this game but buggier (is that a word?)

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-10 16:08:34

your engine is identical to this game but buggier (is that a word?)

Well obviously it is identical because it is just an engine/prototype for shooting an arrow for now, not a game...
That is the same with all 'platformer', 'towerdefense' prototypes, they are all the same until you add unique elements that make the final products very different.

No worries it will be totally different when done, and totally better!

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-10 22:03:54

I'll be glad to do art for this game.

I'll PM you what you request, then you can tell me what you think!

No!

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-10 22:04:23

Hey everyone, I have found an artist... if someone could lock this thread that would be great!

Response to $$ Seeking Artist - 50/50 $$ 2010-03-12 10:33:10

At 3/8/10 09:45 PM, Toast wrote: You'd be lucky to work with CyprusX. Great artist and great music writer, not something you find every day. I'd give him my three thumbs up any day

Hey , toast , long time no talk.

Best band ever, click it.

BBS Signature