00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GreaseMonkey scripts for NG

73,750 Views | 475 Replies

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-09 20:06:09

At 11/9/10 06:48 PM, StormyJet wrote: So it lets you take one post from someone and paste it in a new meassge in a whole diffrent fourm. Make it in the little things where it say "Reply and Quote" Say "Copy Meassge". An when your posting it has a little button that says " Paste post from other topic".

Please!

Just hit "Reply and Quote" and then just highlight and copy the text in the text field. You can then paste it wherever you like. Because, as far as I know, GM scripts aren't quite that versatile.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-09 20:58:55

At 11/9/10 06:56 PM, knugen wrote: Newgrounds BBS User Online Status

Im so glad the script is working again.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-10 21:36:32

At 11/10/10 07:06 PM, VitaminP wrote:
At 11/9/10 07:31 PM, knugen wrote: Yeah that can be done. I can't work more on this tonight but I will try to have an update out tomorrow that fixes this one way or another. I MIGHT also have some ideas for a Chrome fix, but we'll see.
If you want I just modified your script to use the list on the bbs main page that should work in Chrome, I dont have chrome installed atm so I cant test it but if you want it, or any one wants to bug check. The source code is here.

Works great! :) This was one of the ideas I had for Chrome (loading from the same domain) and it also eliminates the need for my server side scripts. Kinda makes me feel silly for not doing this from the beginning, but I have been all into PHP this past week ^^

So: SCRIPT UPDATED -- THE OLD VERSION WILL BE DISCONTINUED

I also put the status up next to the user links which takes care of the sig issue. See attached pic below.

Thanks Vitamin for the code, I added you as a contributor in the metadata :) Also, you're in the preview

At 11/10/10 06:43 PM, EJR wrote: Complaint with the online script.

This keeps happening a lot. Using Firefox 4 beta 7.

Hmm can't see why that would happen. It's also possible it wont happen in the new version so I wont try to fix it for now, however let me know if you have this problem with the new version as well.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-10 21:37:44

At 11/10/10 06:45 PM, EJR wrote: I forgot the picture. For some reason I can't upload it either.
http://i.imgur.com/0KcWQ.jpg

The same thing's happening to me.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-10 21:53:59

Haha wtf.

oh now I know, it's because of caps :P When I collected the data with my server-side script I made it all lowercase, but now I simply need to do a case-insensitive comparison.

brb

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-10 21:56:12

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-10 22:13:09

I feel so defeated... I was testing my own Online Status script and knugen beat me to it :'(

Oh well... mine is native to Chrome so I'll post it here in case anyone wants to give it a try.

1.NG BBS User Status

Description:
Indicates the Online status of Newgrounds Users on the BBS, and tags their posts with a dot (see picture).

Compatible With:
Chrome (tested on v7.0.517.41), [Report Firefox Issues]

v1.0, will take PM suggestions for new features.

2.NG Featured Game Stats

Description:
A small black bar is added to the "Featured Game" box on the NG front page, it holds stats for the game. The following stats are listed (and color coded, see picture) for the game: Score, Votes, Views, Review Score, Medals(whether or not it has them, might remove this feature as I've never seen a featured game without them), and Rating(E, T, M, A).
Heheheh, nobody has done this yet! ;P

Compatible With:
Chrome (tested on v7.0.517.41), [Report Firefox Issues]

v1.0, will take PM suggestions for new features.

As usual, if you build on any of my scripts, It'd be cool to show me what you've done, and I've got no problem with anyone using my scripts as a source, as long as I'm credited for the original, a link to my NG profile will do.

Also, it was requested by Tateos that I use userscripts.org. Honestly, I don't really want to deal with another site/account, so as long as nobody is
bothered by it, I'd prefer to use my current method of Preview/Download applets hosted in my dumping grounds.

Preview:

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-10 22:22:45

At 11/10/10 10:13 PM, Oldsage10 wrote:
I feel so defeated... I was testing my own Online Status script and knugen beat me to it :'(

Wow that's unlucky -- it was ages since citric's script stopped working and I "beat" you by two days on making a replacement :P

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-10 22:27:09

At 11/10/10 10:22 PM, knugen wrote: Wow that's unlucky -- it was ages since citric's script stopped working and I "beat" you by two days on making a replacement :P

Yeah lulz... I just recently got into GM scripts (and Chrome for that matter), so I'd rather not jump the gun with my scripts and I'm testing everything I make pretty intensely just to make sure it works.

But hey... all these cool features GM scripts add are helpful, and honestly I find writing them in my downtime fun, so thats what counts amirite?

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-10 23:19:10

At 11/10/10 09:56 PM, knugen wrote: fix'd

um.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 01:44:23

At 11/10/10 11:19 PM, Ptero wrote:
At 11/10/10 09:56 PM, knugen wrote: fix'd
um.

Damn people with long names :) Updated again.

I do see that you have that "duplication bug", and I still don't have any clue what's causing it. Can everybody who gets this bug please give me as much as details as you can about it?

New script time!

Newgrounds BBS Last Read Post Jump

Description
Adds a link to the last read post on the current topic page.

Verified to work with
Firefox and Chrome.

Status
Finished (no additional features planned)

Preview

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 12:27:00

At 11/11/10 12:25 PM, Allen12887 wrote: GreaseMonkey isn't compatible with Firefox 4 Beta 7.

Use this. It's exactly the same as Greasemonkey, except it's for the beta.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 17:59:37

Could someone make a script that when you click on a link in a sig, post, etc, it opens up in another tab?

I'm getting sick of having to right click every link i want to open so i can open it in another tab

Cause its annoying that when you click on a link you stay in the same tab but go to a different website or whatever and have to go all the way back to the page you were on

If someone did this it would be greatly appreciated.

: sorasword A.K.A soraw434

Sig by Donut

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 18:02:16

At 11/11/10 05:59 PM, soraw434 wrote: Cause its annoying that when you click on a link you stay in the same tab but go to a different website or whatever and have to go all the way back to the page you were on

Single click the scroll button and it opens in a new tab.

hello

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 18:04:23

At 11/11/10 06:02 PM, wreckages wrote:
At 11/11/10 05:59 PM, soraw434 wrote: Cause its annoying that when you click on a link you stay in the same tab but go to a different website or whatever and have to go all the way back to the page you were on
Single click the scroll button and it opens in a new tab

my mouse broke so i have to use my trackpad thing

Sig by Donut

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 18:12:00

At 11/11/10 06:11 PM, VitaminP wrote:
At 11/11/10 06:04 PM, soraw434 wrote: my mouse broke so i have to use my trackpad thing
I found that using this works as a good alternative to a scroll click when using my laptop, try it out and if not I might try making the script.

I use chrome.....

Sig by Donut

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 18:20:52

At 11/11/10 06:16 PM, VitaminP wrote:
At 11/11/10 06:12 PM, soraw434 wrote: I use chrome.....
Try this.

Uhh this seems kinda awkward and the first time i tried it it opened like 20 tabs just from ur post

Sig by Donut

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 20:16:16

Knugen, the new one works on chrome!

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 20:24:03

First of all...

I FUCKING LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS!!! :D

Seriously, a lot of these scripts are fucking awesome. I've got an idea for a script myself, but I'm too lazy to work on it. The idea is to use the space underneath your levelicon so you can see everyone's contribution to the site. I wonder if there's enough space for anything like that, but if it works it would be pretty cool.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 20:42:24

The User Online script doesn't seem to be working for me, everyone appears to be offline.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 20:45:53

At 11/11/10 08:42 PM, Danavers wrote: The User Online script doesn't seem to be working for me, everyone appears to be offline.

It broke a long time ago. Citricsquid discontinued support for it, and doesn't maintain it or any of his other NG projects anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 21:16:08

At 11/11/10 08:42 PM, Danavers wrote: The User Online script doesn't seem to be working for me, everyone appears to be offline.

Get the new updated version. If you still have the one below the post count it will say 'Offline.'

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-11 22:06:03

At 11/11/10 09:03 PM, EJR wrote: There have been 2 new ones made in the past 2 pages. Just saying...
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/9012 4
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/39ca ebbcbf10b66350cf87e8543dd543

kkkkk

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-12 16:44:33

At 11/11/10 08:16 PM, StormyJet wrote: Knugen, the new one works on chrome!

yup :)

At 11/12/10 04:33 PM, EJR wrote:
At 11/12/10 10:46 AM, VitaminP wrote: 1. Disable all other scripts and try again, if it works then enable them one at a time and tell me which one/s cause a problem
Ok, it was knugen's online status script that's causing the problem. The inline poster works until I enable that.

Hmm, perhaps there's an issue with multiple XMLHttpRequests..? I don't use that script though, and I really don't feel like wading through the massive wall of code that lies behind it in search of some kind of collision :( Any ideas VP?

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-12 18:04:39

At 11/12/10 05:26 PM, VitaminP wrote: That bit was to Oldsage so he could improve his script, I've got an updated version for him here that should fix the bug but someone might want to test it first.

Cool thanks Vitamin. I also went ahead and added a similar duplicate checker to my original script, downloadable here.

If anyone who was having the duplicate glitch wants to test it, thatd be cool.

As always, you can also PM me with any script problems.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-13 01:02:35

Can someone PLEASE update the inline poster!

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-18 18:53:12

I think I may have mentioned this before but I would like to a request a script which displays the total number of views across all of a user's flash submissions on their flash section of their userpage. Sort of like how on someone's Youtube channel it display their total upload views.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-18 19:42:42

At 11/18/10 06:53 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: I think I may have mentioned this before but I would like to a request a script which displays the total number of views across all of a user's flash submissions on their flash section of their userpage. Sort of like how on someone's Youtube channel it display their total upload views.

There are two problems with this... Although doable, it:

1. Probably wouldn't work on Chrome, because it would require data to be loaded from a "www.newgrounds.com" domain into a "[username].newgrounds.com", which, I'm pretty sure violates the security sandbox and just makes the script fail miserably on Chrome.

2. Getting the views for each Flash submission would require loading each and every submission's page, just to parse out that one little number on the page. So if you tried something like this, with an account like mine, around 30 submissions, and, (this is a very rough estimate), about 745KB per each submission page, thats somewhere in the neighborhood of an extra 22350KB, or 21.8MB of extra data that would need to be loaded for each page load when you navigated to a user's Flash submissions. That's a great concept, but hardly practical.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-18 19:47:29

At 11/18/10 07:42 PM, Oldsage10 wrote: There are two problems with this... Although doable, it:

ok, but how does Youtube do it then?

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2010-11-18 19:53:29

At 11/18/10 07:47 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote:
At 11/18/10 07:42 PM, Oldsage10 wrote: There are two problems with this... Although doable, it:
ok, but how does Youtube do it then?

Youtube can do that because its an integrated feature of their website, they built it themselves... I'd imagine the variable corresponding to a user's upload views on Youtube are stored in their account, on Youtube's server. Its important to keep in mind that GreaseMonkey scripts are not built with the same advantages, the prime example being a server to hold such data. GreaseMonkey scripts are Javascript, and they run within your browser, so the features are limited, and some things just can't be pulled off without the aid of a database, like Youtube uses.