00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Feenixs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Maybe a collab Story?

2,533 Views | 56 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 11:29:02

Those personalities work for me. I think we were all agreed on Dante anyway. However Virgil is still up in the air as someone suggested replacing him with Beelzebub. I like this nerdy Virgil a little better as we already have Satan, and Beelzebub being another demon in the same vein as Lucifer it didn't make too much sense for him to be guiding Dante.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 11:53:54

At 2/28/10 11:22 AM, WizMystery wrote: In addition to the writing, I suggest that we try to Voice act as well. A lot can be said in the tone of one's voice.

You are certainly right, but how exactly do you imagine this? I thought the whole thing would turn out as simple text, or didn't I get the concept of "collab" right?

"It is not true that not nothing is not impossible, though this is a lie."

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 12:00:25

At 2/28/10 11:53 AM, DaelJericho wrote:
At 2/28/10 11:22 AM, WizMystery wrote: In addition to the writing, I suggest that we try to Voice act as well. A lot can be said in the tone of one's voice.
You are certainly right, but how exactly do you imagine this? I thought the whole thing would turn out as simple text, or didn't I get the concept of "collab" right?

Well obviously we'd be writing either way, it's just something extra I thought might be fun to do. We don't have to, it's just hard to imagine how the character is speaking, making our choices a bit more limited than if we had a speaker.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 12:25:24

At 2/28/10 12:00 PM, WizMystery wrote:
At 2/28/10 11:53 AM, DaelJericho wrote:
Well obviously we'd be writing either way, it's just something extra I thought might be fun to do. We don't have to, it's just hard to imagine how the character is speaking, making our choices a bit more limited than if we had a speaker.

I'm not really one for voice acting, and it really takes away from the fact that we are indeed a writing forum. I've never had issues imagining how one would talk when I've read it. Sure some authors do a better job, but it's all in imagination. I also think having a speaker would limit what others would be able to perceive, as we're forcing them into how we want it done.

Part of the beauty of writing, is that for everyone each character looks slightly different, sounds slightly different, and the world itself has all kinds of small little ticks and differences.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 14:03:48

At 2/28/10 12:25 PM, sinfulwolf wrote: Part of the beauty of writing, is that for everyone each character looks slightly different, sounds slightly different, and the world itself has all kinds of small little ticks and differences.

I see. Well, it was only a suggestion :P

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 14:23:26

For Virgil, I like the Idea, but we need to change the name's so their similar, but not to similar.

And the personality for Dante is set. He's a wise ass. Also, the girlfriend thing I like, the one with him not wanting to cook or clean/ be lonely.

For names: Dante to Dan or Dick, Virgil to Victor, Satan to Satan (or, if you really want to, he can ask for the nickname of Stan)

At 2/28/10 02:03 PM, WizMystery wrote:
At 2/28/10 12:25 PM, sinfulwolf wrote: Part of the beauty of writing, is that for everyone each character looks slightly different, sounds slightly different, and the world itself has all kinds of small little ticks and differences.
I see. Well, it was only a suggestion :P

And for voice acting, we could make a story and an animation with voice acting. This could get it into a much bigger collab thingy (voice actors and artists too) but it would require much more work. I'm up for it, because even though I see the same beaty in writing as Sinful does, this will help bring attention to the story and help the less educated peoples.

Remember, these are all just ideas, we all need each otehrs sugesstions.

The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it. - E. Hemingway

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 14:37:52

I personally like Dan for Dante, and Victor for Virgil. Satan's name might as well stay the same, change it up with calling him Emperor of the woeful realm, and the Devil and such. Stan just going a bit far if you ask me.

As for bigger collaboration, perhaps we should get the writing bit finished first, then start looking for voice actors and animators.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 14:53:16

At 2/28/10 02:37 PM, sinfulwolf wrote: As for bigger collaboration, perhaps we should get the writing bit finished first, then start looking for voice actors and animators.

Of course, im just saying for later on . . .

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 14:56:11

I'd love Dick for Dante ^^ but I see this goes a little bit to far from topic, so I too vote for Dan. Same for Victor for Virigil.
As for the animation: After we finished this writing collab, why not go the whole distance?

If its all settled then: Everyone ready? Let's do it!

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 15:01:55

At 2/28/10 02:23 PM, TheSubject666 wrote: this will help bring attention to the story and help the less educated peoples.

This is part of the reason I suggested it, since it would take a while most people would already have an idea in their head after reading. Showing our side, what we've seen and heard it as, would be an addition to the project, due to the fact that not that many people actually visit the writing forum other than, well, writers. While catering to an intelligent audience is good, other people deserve to witness it too (I feel like I'm insulting people saying this D:).

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 15:03:27

At 2/28/10 02:56 PM, DaelJericho wrote:
If its all settled then: Everyone ready? Let's do it!

Its not. We still need one more writer.

And then we're going to need a bit more of a definite structure. But if you wish, you can start writing. Just be prepared to change little plot details, nothing big though.

once everyone has said their ready I'll post up another thread where I'll include the structured plot, teh final Circle List, and TrevorW's opening poem. There you can post ur bits and pieces and we'll see if they work in the story and give advice/ edit and so on.

Also, try to make this as big as possible, preferably 2500 words+, but PLZ do NOT FORCE writing, it should flow and be good.

I want this to be something taht is remembered!

Thanks,
Mr. 666

Also, plz say if your ready to start writin so I can start teh new thread.

Current check list:
SW
Dael J (rdy!)
OWC
Wiz
AssC
Dan
Rev
TrevorW (rdy!)
me
One more person needed to fill up circles . . . .

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 15:15:44

I'll gladly do a part. Which should I do?

We are 2 people.

BBS Signature

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 17:47:38

Well, we have enough authors, Pyro, ur jsut gonna have to choose.

Start writing! Ill make the thread when everyone tells me their rdy.

Regards,
Mr. 666

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 19:01:52

I'm about ready to go. What's our deadline?

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 19:33:01

I would say about March 16, if anyone needs more time then tell me.

I'm giving you guys a lot of time because I want quality work, I don't need your best, but IO need you to try your best. And I want the story to be rather long.

Also, i'm a lazy ass son of a bitch and will probably hold off on my own work until a week from the deadline, but on this project Ill try to start cranking out stuff as soon as possible.

Regards,
Mr. 666

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 20:18:24

Couple weeks? Okay I should be able to come up with at least something.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 22:37:53

Cool, which section am I doing?

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 22:47:42

At 2/28/10 10:37 PM, Ravariel wrote: Cool, which section am I doing?

Pyro took greed, so choose between the last two and I'll take the very last.

Also, who should do the transitions? I could do it, or we could include poets and have them do serious poems for the transition.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 23:11:49

At 2/28/10 10:47 PM, TheSubject666 wrote:
At 2/28/10 10:37 PM, Ravariel wrote: Cool, which section am I doing?
Pyro took greed, so choose between the last two and I'll take the very last.

Aight. As a Warhammer 40k player and a bit of a heretic myself, I think I can have some fun with Heresy, so I'll take that one.

Also, who should do the transitions? I could do it, or we could include poets and have them do serious poems for the transition.

Do you want them to be like short poems maybe illustrating the next subject or something more connective? If we collab well enough we should each be able to transition from the previous work into our own fairly well. Finding more people to do the transition might be difficult, and I'd hate for too much of the work to fall on any one person here.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-02-28 23:42:18

In certain parts part of inferno Dante goes throughpassages for 5 to 6 ( river styx). And 8 to 9 ( giants). These would count as seperate circles, and I think we should get poets to write those parts. The other transitions we'll just have to collab well enough.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-03-01 00:37:30

I know its a horrible reference as it really tears the story apart, but in the game, Dante had to break open chains to get to the next circle (except for the River Styx, and Giants and so forth), and after the chain was broken it was a matter of simply hopping down.

Sounds kind of silly putting it down, but something simple like that could suffice.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-03-01 01:06:31

Okay, just letting you know that I'm ready to start. Will do so as soon as the next topic is up.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-03-01 09:36:38

I am just halfway through my own circle and already over 17.000 characters, what the hell?
Mr. 666, I know you wanted it to get big...but I think I "rape the scobe" (is this really an expression? a friend of mine said so, but I think he is kidding me )

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-03-01 17:36:56

Current check list:
SW(rdy!)
Dael J (rdy!)
OWC (Rdy!)
Wiz (a bit of confusion, but we're handling it in PMs, so RDY!)
AssC
Dan
Rev (Rdy!)
TrevorW (rdy!)
me (rdy!)

Pyro (Rdy!)

K, I'm going to post the new thread. As soon as I make it I'll post the link here.

@Dael: No, you haven't. I could do better then that. : P.

Just kidding, good job, and No, i do not believe that is a well used expression, nvr heard it before in my life.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-03-01 17:50:58

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-03-01 19:23:55

I've never heard of rape the scobe ever before in my life...

Still, I don't think that my portion is going to be super long. I have a few other projects I'm flipping back and forth between, as well as work. Sure I don't have any of that university or schooling stuff to do, but I still be busy.

Response to Maybe a collab Story? 2010-03-02 18:27:58

Okay So I have'nt worked in a while, but I'll finish off on friday, i got shit to do

We are 2 people.

BBS Signature